What fool signed him?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mavin

Bencher
Who at our club thought signing this grub was a good idea? whoever was involved in signing him should be shown the door. This was common knowledge before we signed him yet still went ahead with it. I'm glad Penn and Kelly sacked him.

Zane Tetevano jailed for bashing former girlfriend

Disgraced former Newcastle Knight, Zane Tetevano, has been jailed for at least nine months for four separate attacks on his former girlfriend.

Despite his lawyer arguing that Tetevano had transformed his life since leaving the "toxic environment" of the NRL, magistrate Ian Cheetham said the only suitable sentence for Tetevano's offending was jail.

Tetevano was sentenced to a total of 18 months' imprisonment with a non-parole period of nine months.

Tetevano previously pleaded guilty to eight charges including two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and two counts of common assault.

Mr Cheetham detailed the different occasions when Tetevano had punched, kicked, slapped and thrown his former girlfriend during drunken bouts of rage.

Tetevano had also smashed property and intimidated his former partner over several months forcing her to lock herself in rooms away from the former front-rower.

Newcastle Local Court heard that Tetevano had no intention of resuming his rugby league career and was now working 60 hours a week and planning to start a family with his new girlfriend.

Earlier, Tetevano had asked Mr Cheetham to delay his sentencing so he can complete a course on domestic violence.

Mr Cheetham was told that Tetevano was midway through a 20-week course with Relationships Australia and would like to finish the course before being sentenced.

Tetevano left the Knights for the Manly Sea Eagles last year but was sacked by the club in December.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ashing-former-girlfriend-20150528-ghbp8e.html

Yeah that's right. He hadn't been to court yet and when he plead guilty he was axed straight away.

Wrong he had been 2 court hadn't been found guilty (except for smashing a taxi windscreen) so if you think signing a player facing these charges was a good idea I'm glad you aren't in charge of our recruitment.

Pretty easy to sack someone who is going to jail. They don't let you out for training and games apparently.

Wrong he had been 2 court hadn't been found guilty (except for smashing a taxi windscreen) so if you think signing a player facing these charges was a good idea I'm glad you aren't in charge of our recruitment.
I was strongly against it from the start. We went through all this when it came up back then. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere...

If we sack players who have gone to court then we will be down to a 8 team competition.

Mavin, do you want to get rid of Stewart too?

If we sack players who have gone to court then we will be down to a 8 team competition.

Mavin, do you want to get rid of Stewart too?

No I didn't read what I said we shouldn't sign (a player facing serious charges). If a player (on our books) is charged we stand by them until they are cleared or found guilty.

Not sure why you bought snakes name into it? He was our player and we did the right thing by standing by him.

So double standards, we signed the guy before he was found guilty

Not double standards at all we signed a guy who was charged and had already appeared in court and that was a stupid decision. A guy who is already on our books is a different situation.

If you think it was a smart signing that's fine I'm glad Penn gave him the bullet.

Mavin

Solid gold comedy as usual .. but I think you will find a thread where it was stated that he intended to plead not guilty and was subsequently signed pending the case.

Now I do not condone any of his behaviour, but I suspect the club was sold a dummy by his lawyers, but then did the honourable thing when he changed his plea to guilty.

No need to go over this again tbh, there are far more postings to be done in the daily cherry graph.

I would assume Perry, who is also gone. So if both player and the 'fool who signed him' are gone, why are we re-hashing it.

We were able to sign him at a lower cost than we should have because of his ongoing legal issues. He had informed the club that he was innocent so the club structured his contract to enable them to cut him free and clear if he was guilty. He was a great impact forward that we needed at a lower cost. I think it was a good call to roll the dice on him. Low risk, high reward. When he plead guilty, we cut him immediately and were able to take the high road to an extent.

Still, the bloke beat his missus so deserves worse than he got!

I think the club did the right thing. When he was signed it was under the assumption that there was no criminal investigation proceedings, once that it became obvious his offer was terminated. That is standard business practice out there. If you were applying for a job and you had something like that going on, it is highly likely you would not be employed. Very sad episode and again highlights the horror of domestic violence.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2