What does this say

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
so the penns approached toddles 18 months ago regarding dubious identities in the manly circle of trust. While i dont like telling people what they should do and with whom, employers have a right within the workplace to restrict anything and anyone they feel may not be good for business.

Joe kelly confirmed this at the press conference,

Considering whats coming out it seems a no brainer really. Its your life but not on our time. So why did the penns have to go to the nrl. Surely its an in house business decision that would appear to be pretty straight forward.

Were they opposed internally? Was it just a a smokescreen for something political ?. Surely this was something they could all agree on. If not , why not? Does it possibly go deeper ? Is it just all bulldust ?

For me this paints a picture thats pretty hard to ignore the state of play. Love to hear other peoples thoughts on this doozy

I think it is simple good business. Tell the big boss of your concerns, at that stage it was simply concerns. In business you keep the people that need to know things in the loop, be it problem potential, perceived or real. You tell them what you are doing or what you can do so if something does go wrong the big boss already knows you have been "working on it".

Absolutely nothing worse being a manager and having the proverbial hit the fan and knowing nothing about it, only to find out that many of your people knew it was brewing for a while

While they could shut the door on him being part of the inner sanctum, they could not stop people associating with him in their down time

I recall something about this previously and always wondered was this (at the time) another knife in Toovey's coaching career, an attempt to destabilise the team?
At the moment,we can all guess and make the stories fit.

It shows Penn and Co have NFI.
They knew Foz was emotionally unstable, hanging out with so called undesirables and still threw the kitchen sink to keep him ahead of DCE.
Mind blowing really.
Exactly what I was pondering.
Even as Fans, we picked up on Fiz's strange emotional intensity and dithering at decision making.
Yet Manly chose him over Chez and pursued him, even after it was public knowledge that he signed elsrwhere.
If anything, Manly would have added to his weird emotional state :confused:

Last edited:
I recall something about this previously and always wondered was this (at the time) another knife in Toovey's coaching career, an attempt to destabilise the team?
At the moment,we can all guess and make the stories fit.
I just wonder if this is all coming out now to lay at Toovey's feet that he is to blame for letting these guys in

I just wonder if this is all coming out now to lay at Toovey's feet that he is to blame for letting these guys in
No - it's because Kate MClymont is sniffing around an issue. Remove the tinfoil hat!

edit - full disclosure corrected error in name as highlighted below

Last edited:
Yeah all this comes out our management look like idiots.
Look at the path of watmough Glenn Stewart who toovs moved on and lost his job over. Look at how Lyon, matai and snake are performing wow.
I would say Scott Penn has egg on his face following Fulton recruitment policy which so far has failed

It shows Penn and Co have NFI.
They knew Foz was emotionally unstable, hanging out with so called undesirables and still threw the kitchen sink to keep him ahead of DCE.
Mind blowing really.

Just imagine if we HAD kept him, only to get out of him what Parra have this year - about 2 half decent games and a ton of issues for a million dollar per season investment. We'd be running dead last.

The lengths some people go to to put the cross hairs on the Penns is incredible.
Agree , when i wrote this i presumed the other owner and board or ceo had disregarded the penns ideas so they went to the nrl to distance themselves. Just a club ban would have also distanced themselves. For mine it appeared how crazy the non support of anything penn must have been in those days, even when it seemed a formality.

I was cool to see other peoples theories but i read the actions way different to most

Surely the whole club would have been in agreeance that it was a dumb move and the club should have acted swiftly, with unity

The lengths some people go to to put the cross hairs on the Penns is incredible.
The own the team, they recruited fulton and kelly re-hired peters and got rid of toovey

Not sure who else to blame

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6