What do fans want from club/players?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Besides winning more premierships:cool:

Regarding this ASADA issue, scalps are wanted, rumours are flying left, right and centre and we’re deep in the midst. Names are starting to be mentioned. As a fan I’m a bit on the fence regarding where I sit with this.
I do not condone any sort of cheating but what’s legal and what's not is quite murky. What’s going on with this whole process is quite murky and hard to understand in general. Regarding our alleged implicated players, do we want the club/players:
• to accept 6 months bans if offered based on innuendo
• lawyer up, say nothing and continue to play
• act first by coming out and saying yeah we did this but all was legal
Personally I believe suggestion no.1 is ridiculous. Any thoughts on option 3?
Opinions of fellow fans would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. You're a fine looking bunch:D.

We just want them to cooperate and do everything by the book.
Take every situation on it's own merits and remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Due process must be observerved.
We have no "rights" to know anything, maybe ever. These matters need to be treated very delicately with the best interests of all involved kept in mind. The public are not involved.

If they did something illegal, come out and say it, I don't want drug cheats at the club. If not, then squash all the rumors as fast as they come up and move on

What Duff said.
I admire the players but if any of them have done something dumb I hope they get their own independent legal advice (ie not the club's lawyers) before saying a single word.
Regardless of if they are guilty or innocent they certainly should not bother to respond to newspaper speculation (or PMs for that matter).
If they are accused by ASADA then at that time they have to decide how to deal with it.
Luckily the club itself does not seem to be under fire any more, which if true is a mighty relief.

Duff said:
We just want them to cooperate and do everything by the book.
Take every situation on it's own merits and remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Due process must be observerved.
We have no "rights" to know anything, maybe ever. These matters need to be treated very delicately with the best interests of all involved kept in mind. The public are not involved.
Great answer Duff. The public are only involved through the media reports, speculation and personal hopes as fans. I believe all players are absolutely innocent unless proved otherwise without a doubt.
Hard to see your club get dragged through the mud again and again but I should be used to it by now.
I'm not suggesting it's a wise thing to do but I'm curious as to what the reactions would be if any player came out and tackled rumours head on.
I think Manly is handing this issue very professionally so far.

1) The Club to become fully informed and quickly. Firstly about the issue & its process and secondly a complete & accurate account of the history of our players involvement (if any) and what has transpired that might be subject to scrutiny. The club can then determine the correct course of action and how to lend our co-operation to ASADA with a clear understanding of what that co-operation can mean in terms of repercussions etc. The club to keep all our players fully up to date on progress of ASADAs investigation and provide player briefing sessions which include legal Q&A’s.

2) The players to make no statements publicly or privately about this matter without club consent. Our players should follow all directions of the Manly club and co-operate wherever directed to do so.

Jatz Crackers said:
1) The Club to become fully informed and quickly. Firstly about the issue & its process and secondly a complete & accurate account of the history of our players involvement (if any) and what has transpired that might be subject to scrutiny. The club can then determine the correct course of action and how to lend our co-operation to ASADA with a clear understanding of what that co-operation can mean in terms of repercussions etc. The club to keep all our players fully up to date on progress of ASADAs investigation and provide player briefing sessions which include legal Q&A’s.

2) The players to make no statements publicly or privately about this matter without club consent. Our players should follow all directions of the Manly club and co-operate wherever directed to do so.
Great action plan. When I'm running Manly, you're hired.

niccipops said:
Besides winning more premierships:cool:

Regarding this ASADA issue, scalps are wanted, rumours are flying left, right and centre and we’re deep in the midst. Names are starting to be mentioned. As a fan I’m a bit on the fence regarding where I sit with this.

Thank you. You're a fine looking bunch:D.

Why thank you. You're not so bad yourself!

Similar thoughts to Duff's comments. Moreover, I'd like our players to act with honesty and integrity at all times both on and off the field.

I'm happy with the way the club is going about things. Let the water flow it's course (or something just as deep).

Any time/stress issues are usually media induced. At times the b/s comes from within and can lead too...oh I don't know...a ridiculous run on PM requests...!

I would hope the players....our players....expect more from us!

I felt the same way with the foran re-signing issue (and Brett's, etc etc). All the innuendo and rumours don't make the decision any faster and no sports 'journalist' is going to come out and say they are sorry for being wrong and shall hold themselves to a higher standard in the future.

ManlyBacker said:
Nicci, I thought you wanted them with as few clothes as possible?
I think I'm getting GE syndrome :)

I'm both the disease....and the cure!....... Ladies:cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4