What did you think of Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are we looking forward to getting Myles after that performance? Hate to say it, but he was outplayed by our powderpuff pack.
You have to remember that he was backing up after a strong performance for QLD. The pro's also say that the longer you wait to back up the harder it can be. You'd rather play Friday night than Monday night after a match on Wednesday.

I have been quite impressed with his form since we signed him and I think the best aspect of his game will be his defence in the middle for us next year. He is a very good defender in the middle of the park.

Andrew Johns mentioned that he is a touch quicker at training now. Apparently he slimmed down a little in an attempt to gain some speed because he was warned against throwing his body around like he used to. He figured if he wasn't going to be playing such a robust style anymore, he would compensate for that loss with increased speed.
Foran's main asset was his toughness and willingness to put his body on the line. Without this he doesn't have the skill set to be a DCE, Thurston or Cronk type player.

He is a $500k player at best now.

Last edited:
IF he gets his timing right with Mateo we would be unstoppable. Unfortunately I just don't see it happening. Lyon to 5/8 & Hiku to center would improve us against weaker teams but there is more potential in tough games against top 4 teams to come that a Foran/Snake play can win a game.

I hate him, hate him, hate him, hate him, so bad. Sorry guys, but that's the truth! I will keep on giving it to him forever.

Yeah, I have followed your posts closely and you don't strike me as hot headed and irrational...I guess I have always seen Foran as solid rather than spectacular. I look back at the 2013 GF and he put a big hit on SBW and threw a lovely second man pass to Snake to set up the first try...these are the kind of things that matter, not whether he tore second rate opposition to shreds in round 18. He is a competitor and someone you want on your team in a big game. I think he will be good for the Eels and it's gonna sting because I always proud to call Foran one of our own...anyway life goes on and it's good that Manly have managed to keep a wonderful player in DCE as keeping both was near impossible.

Thanks Snake, I used to be more of a hot head but I try to be more calculated in my critique these days. Especially when i see others on this site as my "Brothers and Sisters in Arms" and united we stand, divided we fall. However sometimes emotion gets in the way due to the circumstances we have found ourselves in over the past few seasons.

I will admit I am dirty with Foran. He has always made me feel uneasy about his passion for the club and i always had a bad feeling he would leave, and its turned out to be true. He is an amazing player when he is on, just like Watmough was. My observation is that i wonder if he will ever be that same player that he was in the 2013 GF. I reckon more than likely, but you never know.

Has anyone noticed how all of a sudden the prick Foran is always in front of the cameras now? He says he's more focused on the rest of the year now that he's confirmed he's leaving. It's a pity he left it toooo late and destroyed our season when he could have made up he's mind ages ago . If he thinks I will ever change my opinion of him then he's wrong! I only wish he doesn't play again!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6