What did they say?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
1st half, ref says, "I won't have Brett Stewart speak to me like that".
What did he say?
2nd half, ref says to Watmough something like, "what did you say? Don't be so stupid."
What did he say?

Choc probably told Maxwell he was doing a good job with the whistle, and Horsehead was commenting on the stupidity of thinking that

I think snake called him a fu**in idiot because it WAS a knock on.

Well, I hope that's what he said anyway. ..

****Napper, could you please disguise the foul language. Its certainly not the first time mods here have requested this****

Refs were useless as per usual, how about horsehead telling Faas that he had to hug more in his tackles, they obviously have him singled out waiting to ping him

That was the worst ref performance of any game this year. They had no control , no idea and made mistake after mistake. Both those clowns need to be dropped next round it was hopeless.

mickqld said:
That was the worst ref performance of any game this year. They had no control , no idea and made mistake after mistake. Both those clowns need to be dropped next round it was hopeless.

Completely agree, mick. Spoiled the game for me - no consistency, no control.
Still, at least we're not complaining about a loss.

I was a lost for words a few times there. Pretty poor performance by maxwell. The two captains should be able to insist that the pocket ref take over if they are having a shocker.

What was the penalty count in the end? Blew the pea out the whistle and gave penalties that were more technical and annoying than anything else.

Talk about ruin a game.

COMMANDER said:
What was the penalty count in the end? Blew the pea out the whistle and gave penalties that were more technical and annoying than anything else.

Talk about ruin a game.

At the beginning of this season Anderson said they will not be coaching just refereeing. So to hear that they is a bit disappointing.

Manly needs to concntrate on minimising their own errors :mad:

Snake could have been Sin binned.

Bad calls are like the weather, beyond the influence of Players

I hate this aspect of Manly's game :(

Horse Maxwell is a mega log. Mega. He is the worst ref in the comp with the biggest ego.
He got many decisions wrong. And why does he have to lecture the players like they are kids. And the final joke when the two on field refs disagreed on whether a late play was a strip or a loose carry. It was clear as a bell in the sports ears. Come on. That's rank amateur hour.

I said after he officiated the Brookie loss to the Storm last year I would never go to another Manly game with him on the field. It isn't good for my blood pressure. But I went today anyway and what we all saw speaks for itself. Once Manly got to 16-0 they stopped penalising the Sharks. Mind you before that Manly for the first 25 minutes could do no wrong. As for the Snake disallowed try of a supposed forward pass.

also we got no penalties in the second half until 1 min remaining.... if maxwell could ave scored for them he would have, lucky we are good enough to overcome refs one sidedness.

When he said that's the stupidest thing I've heard. I would have said " so you don't listen to you either".

Same with parra last night. Hammered 7-0 in 2ns half penalties. Try disallowed from a forward (not) pass that was too good for the referee. Stuart gives him a run over with a verbal truck. He's right. > http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sticky-point-stuart-hits-out-at-referees-after-loss-to-gold-coast-20130414-2hu1g.html

Bulldog Ritchie writes:
Cronulla conceded the first four penalties, which no doubt sucked a lot of juice from their bodies. Sharks coach Shane Flanagan refused to be critical of referee Jared Maxwell but privately the Sharks were more than upset. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-v-sharks-match-report/story-e6frexnr-1226620165845

Cry me a river. What was the penalty count after that? Manly got just 1 more & wasn't until the 79th minute for a head high tackle ffs.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7