What can we expect from the Ox?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=larry tate II link=topic=182224.msg248418#msg248418 date=1262573853]
The Orford bashing still goes on.. ::) Where is the constant bagging of some of the other underperformers of '09?

The other underperformers didn't win a Dally M and didn't single handedly deliver us a premiership on a silver platter. ;)
[/quote]

So in other words, Orford carried a bunch of journeymen for years before the weight of them on his shoulders could no longer be supported :p

Yes Kiwi, that's what the Oxphiles here would have us believe.

Ox's true value will be better appreciated when the team starts to run out without him. He never quite claimed the title of the top half in the game, but he had some decent competition throughout his career. Nonetheless he was pretty darn good, and still is despite last year not being one for the scrap book. Some of the criticisms of Ox published on this forum have been downright pOxy and nOxious. I think he's been a great player for us, and I think he'll do well in England. 

I think he'll do fine in England too but I'm sure glad we're not locked into $2m over 4 years to have a fellow that will nearly be as old as our new CEO by the time the contract was over.

He captained your side to the grand final that you went on to win by a record score.

He'll do well in SL as the standard is no where near that of the NRL.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Ox's true value will be better appreciated when the team starts to run out without him. He never quite claimed the title of the top half in the game, but he had some decent competition throughout his career. Nonetheless he was pretty darn good, and still is despite last year not being one for the scrap book. Some of the criticisms of Ox published on this forum have been downright pOxy and nOxious. I think he's been a great player for us, and I think he'll do well in England. 

Its all just an Oxymoron.

Orford tipped to restore Bulls' prideJanuary 5, 2010 - 10:14PM
AAP

Australian halfback Matt Orford can turn Bradford Bulls into Super League title contenders again, his former Manly team-mate Michael Monaghan says.

Orford joined the Bulls at training on Monday after signing a three-year contract with the side who failed to reach the Super League play-offs for the first time last season.

Monaghan played alongside Orford at Manly when they were NRL runners-up to Melbourne in 2007 and the Warrington halfback or hooker tipped the 31-year-old recruit to be a hit with Bulls fans.

"He will make Bradford into a very dangerous side," Monaghan told the Daily Express.

"They will be one of the big improvers in 2010 and Matt will be up there as one of the best halfbacks in the competition.

"Matt's kicking game is second to none, he's a great organiser and talks a lot on the field, which lifts confidence."

Orford will be reunited with old Manly team-mates Steve Menzies, Heath L'Estrange and Glenn Hall at Bradford.

"Age is not a problem because Matt takes very good care of his body," Monaghan added.

"He should have represented Australia but was unlucky to be playing in an era of exceptional scrum-halves."

"Matt's kicking game is second to none"

Is Monas taking the piss ??

If Manly doesn't win the premiership this year there will be serious egg on some faces here.

I am prediciting we will go backwards without Ox this year.  Hope I am wrong.  However he had to leave at some point.

Yes he was very ordinary last year, but he was not the only one and we had a number of other issues that affected us.  Blaming the halfback is the easy and short sighted view in my opinion.  Do not forget we were only 1 win outside the top 4.  If we can repeat that this year with a rookie halves combination I will be surprised.

Yes if we finish 5th or above this year we will be doing well.  Unless Foran or Trent H jump out of the box with a bumper season.

I expect we shall spend the entire season caught in the logjam fighting for 8th spot and just fall over the line into 8th for a ritual flogging in the first week of the finals.

Matabele link said:
I expect we shall spend the entire season caught in the logjam fighting for 8th spot and just fall over the line into 8th for a ritual flogging in the first week of the finals.

That is unless the minors premiers choke like the last two seasons

I would like us to win the comp and with the roster we have we should be a strong chance. The unknowns will be Snake heading to court and the possible outcome and how that affects the team, along with how his knee injury has progressed, and getting a settled halves combination. King was fired up this year and a bit of infection of that in the forwards and we could have an outstanding year. I expect us to be closer to 4 than 8 and the finals always come down to momentum and injuries.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6