WHAT are the main area's to Improve?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After some soul searching and suffering in recent seasons there are plenty of area's to improve in 2019.

Personally I look forward to a stronger mentality....seemed to combust and leak a quick 16-20 points most games and these defensive lapses were every bit as much Attitude as they were technique.
If nothing else in 2019, I want a Manly side that plays with passion and pride...1 thing Des and the old school Manly staff should add, are the elements like guts and determination....with this you are always in the fight....

So what else is needed for a Big season ??

Last year we lost 8 games by 6 points or less so a lot of it is mental. We had the most inexperienced team in the league, most are a year wiser and hopefully learning how to close out games.

Our attack was solid but defence was poor - again mental

We're all agreed on defence but having a structured and organised attack is imperative too with everyone knowing their roles when we have the ball. Remember our biggest wins normally were a result of lots of individual brilliance - certainly nothing coached into them on the training paddock. Be nice to hear 'Another beautifully CONSTRUCTED try from Manly' all season long in 2019. I haven't heard commentators say that in years re us.

1) Don't have a Salary Cap drama blow up at the start of pre season ... (done)
2) Don't have the salary cap drama stop you from signing a new 5/8 .... (done)
3) Have an owner that fully resources the club to NRL standard ... (done)
4) Start the season with an established 5/8 .... (hopefully done)
5) Try and not have injuries to 30% of our roster (hopeful)
6) Get rid of Mangey and let Donny, Ballin and Monners loose on the boys (Done)

Attack, defence and structure will all fall into place with the attitude a professional coaching staff bring to the table ..... all is good ...

You questioning the great man’s sexuality mate.

A devout Christian family man our coach is I don’t think he likes the D. He would love the V if you ask me :p :p
Hell no sir I am not.
Des isn't wired up like that.
He doesn't have such human frailties.
He functions purely on rugby league and only rugby league...

Attitude, structure, forwards, halves, backs, defence, attack and fitness. If we can just iron out these minor problems we are good to go. Honourable mention to the refs.

Make brookvale oval a place opposition teams hate to come play in 2019
Too many times this year I left brookvale oval so disappointed, not only because of our lack of wins but in some occasions how easily we just gave up.

The main areas to improve are;

1) Winning more games at home;
2) Winning more games away.

So I guess I could just say we need to be better at ……………….

giphy.gif

Options both side of the ruck when attacking not just DCE. No pressure LG!
Agree with Defence and desperate attitude.
And less beer bonding sessions and more skills training. In Des we trust.

Make brookvale oval a place opposition teams hate to come play in 2019
Too many times this year I left brookvale oval so disappointed, not only because of our lack of wins but in some occasions how easily we just gave up.
Yep. 12 wins from 30 games at Brookie last 3 yrs. Disgraceful record. We need the Fortress back not the house of cards that Baz built

Coaching to a game plan that has some flexibility when things are not going to script... and improving our defence from league worst should see us climb up the ladder.

I'll be happy if we just suck less than we did last season. Because, in case anyone didn't notice, last season we were woeful.
Attention to detail, commitment to defence (individually and as a team) and a bit more mental toughness (actually, a LOT more mental toughness) should mean we're at least competitive. Worked well enough for the Tigers last year, and in theory we have more talent to work with than they did.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8