What a game to be at! - Crusher's match analysis and thoughts from the ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Well done boys, well done! I'm so glad I turned up to this one (if anyone saw me, I was the one in the Wormald jumper in Aisle 104 down near the front who was constantly on his feet and wouldn't stop shouting the whole game). How good was it to hear the "Manly" chant over and over again! We drowned out their supporters.
Here's how I saw it from the ground:
1. Our props stood up and were counted, and had it over O'Meley and Asotasi. King and Kite always put their hand up to do the tought work. They made no errors either and gave away no penalties. I still don't know why Kite goes to ground so easily. He just hits the line and drops, whereas BK ALWAYS makes an extra couple of metres after getting hit.
2. Backrow were sensational again. Menzies was everywhere with his copybook tackling, and BK was absolutely sensational in attack. Watmough had some good runs, but has become too one-dimensional in his runs.
3. The halves/hookers were great all game. Ox had his best game yet. We scored two tries off his kicking, and should have had another one. Monas and Dunners combined well. Burns had more of a say in attack this week, and defended well as always.
4. The centres outshone their opposition. Bell was great as always. Matai recovered from two stupid penalties to have a decent second half, although his one-on-one tackling still worries me when he has a guy running at him with pace (SBW stood him up)
3. The back three were sensational. Steppa's try from that bomb was a highlight, and Robbo and Hicks were sound all game. I was always confident that Hicks would take those high-balls too.

My wife and I were at the ground as well and agree with your assessment.

A few points -
1. Watmough has become to predictable in attack. The opposition can see hime from a mile away. He generally makes the most ground late in the game when the other mobs forwards are tired.
2. I would love to see Kite actually run at full speed instead of just saying, "o-k you can tackle me now".

Did anyone see any trouble with Bulldogs fans?

2GB were reporting last night that two police officers were surrounded by a group of thugs and assaulted after they tried to remove one individual from the stadium.

It the first time I've been to a Manly v Bulldogs game since 1987/88 at Belmore, when we also flogged the Dogs for memory.

I expected to feel more threatened than we did. Alot of the Bulldogs fans start leaving early in the second half.

To be honest, I didn't see any problems, and never felt intimidated, although I was in the Manly section.

Also, judging on the w/e's performance, it's a tragedy if BK hangs up his boots this year.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6