What 2013 Seaeagles.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Spud Carroll deserves a mention, he was the enforcer in the 90's, 4 years and 3 GF's at manly. He did the hard stuff while Beaver, Kosef and Gartner weren't really hit up merchants and were given the go forward with Lyons to do their stuff.

NYEagle said:
What about Kerry Bousted for a wing spot.

Or in other words, mr invis team + Bousted. Flip a coin between Eadie and Snake for fullback.

NY Eagle
I think Snake would have had a field day on the wing. Just look at the Canberra match at Brookvale last year, when he moved to the wing because of a injury or something. However, someone with brains would have a player who has played wing for the majority of their career in the wing position. So it is either Eadie or Snake for fullback. And for the wing i think Kerry Bousted or Michael O'Connor would do a good job.

NYEagle said:
What about Kerry Bousted for a wing spot.

Or in other words, mr invis team + Bousted. Flip a coin between Eadie and Snake for fullback.

NY Eagle

Tom Mooney was a much better player over a long period. The best winger I have seen at Manly for sure (Irvine was before my time).

Mr InviswannahangoutnobigDEAL! said:
Fullback:Graeme Eadie
Wings: Ken Irvine, Brett Stewart
Centers” Fulton, Jamie Lyon
Five eighth: Cliff Lyons
Half: Geoff Toovey
Lock; Mal Reilly
S/R: Randall, Menzies
Props: Roy Bull, John O’Neill
Hooker: Krillich

Reserves: Nik Kosef, Kennedy, Glen Stewart, Watmough
Coach: Fulton

Fantastic team!

Mr InviswannahangoutnobigDEAL! said:
Fullback:Graeme Eadie
Wings: Ken Irvine, Brett Stewart
Centers” Fulton, Jamie Lyon
Five eighth: Cliff Lyons
Half: Geoff Toovey
Lock; Mal Reilly
S/R: Randall, Menzies
Props: Roy Bull, John O’Neill
Hooker: Krillich

Reserves: Nik Kosef, Kennedy, Glen Stewart, Watmough
Coach: Fulton

Good team but maybe replace Kosef with a back like Phil Blake
That could play just about every position in the backline, not too long ago
They did backs on the bench,remember.

TerryRandall said:
I have taken a slightly different tack, and picked my team based purely on true Manly cred - so people like Lurch O'Neill (mainly associated with Souths) dont make it, but people who are long-standing servants (like King) get a guernsey;

1. Eadie
2. Mooney
3. Fulton
4. Lyon
5. Hopoate
6. Lyons
7. Toovey
8. Bull
9. Krilich
10. King
11. Randall
12. Mossop
13. Martin

On his day, King is as good as any prop we have ever had quality wise, and he is Manly through and through. This team bleeds maroon and white. Hopoate - a controversial character no doubt, but the best hit up winger ever, and always gave his all for Manly. In a team to play for your life, he'd be the first winger I'd pick. I know Mooney played for Souths, but still largely associated with Manly and the great sides of the 70's. I took Ian Martin over Mal Reilly based on longevity with Manly,

Kite over King

01. Graham Eadie
02. Phile Blake
03. Bob Fulton
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dale Shearer
06. Cliff Lyons
07. Geoff Toovey
08. Les Boyd
09. Matt Ballin
10. Mark Carroll
11. Ian Roberts
12. Terry Randall
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Ken Irvine
15. Roy Bull
16. Nick Kosef
17. Steve Menzies

Big call on hooker Ryan. Ballin is a tremendous player and a key part of our success but Krilich was a very good running hooker in addition to being as tough as they come. I'd still have to go with the old guy. Your choices at wing and front row are also a little left field. The great thing is realising just how many wonderful players we have had to cheer for over the years.

As to the topic, our 2013 team will feature a number of youngsters whose eventual standing won't be decided till their careers have unfolded. Jorge might prove to be the biggest surprise packet ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2