We've got Cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Frogz said:
Perry has the pen..i sent it to him...just waiting for the correct contract to use it on.....then he will still have some ink left for the others.

That joke was old (and not funny) last year. Do we still have to put up with it?

Daniel said:
No mate, he is saying the article is to appease fans.

The title says "we've got cherry" when you read the article it clearly says that we don't have cherry but are hopeful he will sign.

Lsz is clearly saying he won't get too excited until it is fact and not a suggestion he may sign

The title of the article "weve got cherry" has come from the writer of the article not David Perry or the club. For mine its all great news which weve all been craving.

It doesn't change the fact that it's just spin and he hasn't signed yet

Hey Lismore...not a joke....it happened with Lowe and was on TV....happened agin;

Yes Daniel. Is ent one to Perry this year saying that I know Des has taken everything but heres another pen.....Graham Lowe emailed me and acknokledged it also and enjoyed the joke with it..

Love the two kids and agree that signing them is a great direction for the Sea Eagles - club, players, supporters.
I agree that age and knee-wise Keiran and Cherry are a better investment than the Stewies.
But...B & G Stewart are Manly greats. I commend them for their contribution to our team and I think we supporters need to let those boys and fellow senior players know that we don't think they're expendable because there's a couple of smokin' hot kids in our squad.
Where would those kids be without the likes of Lyon, Watmough, the Stewarts, Kite?
But... reality check. There is a salary cap and I will cheer any player who wears a Sea Eagle on thier chest.
And regardless of where they finish their careers I will always hold the Manly 2008 and 2011 Premiership players in high esteem.
Awesome effort. GO MANLY. B2B 2012.

Well said Nicci, couldnt agree more.

Forget Cherry his deal is done and dusted, next is Foran. I think we wont be able to keep them all - one or two will go.

The Wheel said:
Well said Nicci, couldnt agree more.

Forget Cherry his deal is done and dusted, next is Foran. I think we wont be able to keep them all - one or two will go.
I know. Sad Face!

the mauler said:
Daniel said:

The title says "we've got cherry" when you read the article it clearly says that we don't have cherry but are hopeful he will sign.

Lsz is clearly saying he won't get too excited until it is fact and not a suggestion he may sign

The title of the article "weve got cherry" has come from the writer of the article not David Perry or the club. For mine its all great news which weve all been craving.

You will have to remember the mauler, that late last year we were also craving the great news that Des had re-signed with Manly

Refer http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Des-Merged-Thread

The following story with the headline "Hasler set to sign new deal with Sea Eagles" was posted last year in the "Des - Merged Thread" thread

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hasler-set-to-sign-new-deal-with-sea-eagles-20111006-1lbu0.html

and many people were celebrating, including yourself at Post: #123 of the thread

the mauler said:
I was never worried that Des would leave. He's the most loyal bloke in the game. Hed never turn his back on the club, especially the players.
He's building something really special with this group of players and no way would he be ditching them.
Back 2 back baby!

All those celebrating were quickly brought back to earth a few hours later when the SMH counteracted the previous story with the following story (ironically by the same author) titled "Des Hasler to join Bulldogs in 2013":

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/des-hasler-to-join-bulldogs-in-2013-20111007-1lcdx.html

To me, that's once bitten, twice shy and says to me, don't celebrate potential signings too soon otherwise it might come back and bite you on the arse. Wait until they have actually put pen to paper and signed the contract :)

Jethro said:
the mauler said:
Daniel said:

You will have to remember the mauler, that late last year we were also craving the great news that Des had re-signed with Manly

Refer http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Des-Merged-Thread

The following story with the headline "Hasler set to sign new deal with Sea Eagles" was posted last year in the "Des - Merged Thread" thread

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hasler-set-to-sign-new-deal-with-sea-eagles-20111006-1lbu0.html

and many people were celebrating, including yourself at Post: #123 of the thread

the mauler said:
I was never worried that Des would leave. He's the most loyal bloke in the game. Hed never turn his back on the club, especially the players.
He's building something really special with this group of players and no way would he be ditching them.
Back 2 back baby!

All those celebrating were quickly brought back to earth a few hours later when the SMH counteracted the previous story with the following story (ironically by the same author) titled "Des Hasler to join Bulldogs in 2013":

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/des-hasler-to-join-bulldogs-in-2013-20111007-1lcdx.html

To me, that's once bitten, twice shy and says to me, don't celebrate potential signings too soon otherwise it might come back and bite you on the arse. Wait until they have actually put pen to paper and signed the contract :)

Cheers thanx for the reminder Jethro, some nice detective work. We might as well close the thread till he re-signs then????

Everyone seems to forget Matt Ballin. What about his re-signing? I'd be gutted if we lost him. However, we do have Buhrer waiting in the wings.

Jono said:
Everyone seems to forget Matt Ballin. What about his re-signing? I'd be gutted if we lost him. However, we do have Buhrer waiting in the wings.

I really dont mind losing Ballin if we get to keep others...

Jethro said:

No need to stop celebrating. There's no safe bets in life. A player signs and there's a get-out clause or he suffers a season/career ending injury or loses form or ...

Just celebrate being a Manly fan every day. Celebrate those bad days too.

niccipops said:
Love the two kids and agree that signing them is a great direction for the Sea Eagles - club, players, supporters.
I agree that age and knee-wise Keiran and Cherry are a better investment than the Stewies.
But...B & G Stewart are Manly greats. I commend them for their contribution to our team and I think we supporters need to let those boys and fellow senior players know that we don't think they're expendable because there's a couple of smokin' hot kids in our squad.
Where would those kids be without the likes of Lyon, Watmough, the Stewarts, Kite?
But... reality check. There is a salary cap and I will cheer any player who wears a Sea Eagle on thier chest.
And regardless of where they finish their careers I will always hold the Manly 2008 and 2011 Premiership players in high esteem.
Awesome effort. GO MANLY. B2B 2012.

Very true Niccipops, I'd be shattered to see the Stewy's leave the club early. I don't think we've seen the best of Snake either to tell you the truth.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4