Wet weather tickets

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I reckon the NRL should have a "shiit weather policy" at games like we've seen over the weekend. The fans that do turn up in garbage conditions should be given a free ticket for another game on there way out. I think it'd help bring in fans in dodgy conditions instead of staying at home. I don't want to use the "true supporters" tag (but I have..), but really anyone that braved the elements to watch there team go around this weekend deserves a freebie.

Weather like this on Wednesday will test the resolve of the Blues fans. Thankfully I'll be under cover.

With more day games, it changes the conditions slightly. The NRL need to get rid of the late night games during the really colder months. I would hate to be at a game where it is pouring down. I will be at the Storm game next week no matter the weather and don't expect a replacement ticket if it pisses down.

On a public holiday like today why wasn't the game at 3pm? It wouldn't have made the weather conditions any better, but given fine weather a match at 3pm will always draw more than a night match.
I really hope the Independent Commission think of the fans and not let the TV networks dictate the timing or schedule. It might mean less money from broadcasters initially but it will be to the betterment of RL in the long run.

The Who said:
On a public holiday like today why wasn't the game at 3pm? It wouldn't have made the weather conditions any better, but given fine weather a match at 3pm will always draw more than a night match.
I really hope the Independent Commission think of the fans and not let the TV networks dictate the timing or schedule. It might mean less money from broadcasters initially but it will be to the betterment of RL in the long run.

Well said! If the NRL really want memberships to increase they need to be proactive & schedule more afternoon games. A fixed schedule is a must as well.

The problem I see is (I'm assuming) most of the people who turn up in the crap conditions would be members, and a free ticket is of no use to a member.

Brookie4eva said:
The problem I see is (I'm assuming) most of the people who turn up in the crap conditions would be members, and a free ticket is of no use to a member.

No, but it could be given to a friend of relative of said member.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2