Wests Tigers appoint five new captains for 2022 season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I agree it is all a bit silly but I think there are probably two things at play here.

1.Doeihi is out half the season, I think if he wasnt injured there would be every chance that he is the sole captain.
2.From the few eps of the Tigers doco I saw it seemed a dressing room lacking strong voices and leaders. This I guess is a way of the club trying to manufacture that and embolden a few players.
Could that have been done through a leadersheep group though.......probably.
Leedersheep is a pretty apt description.

The Tigers needed to start fresh with a new coach after the reported friction between the playing group and the coach last year. They missed that opportunity and will probably sack the coach mid season and are likely to languish at the lower end of the table. I don't blame the coach for their lack of success I blame poor long term recruitment and retention so the front office are the ones who should have their heads on the chopping block.

The Tigers needed to start fresh with a new coach after the reported friction between the playing group and the coach last year. They missed that opportunity and will probably sack the coach mid season and are likely to languish at the lower end of the table. I don't blame the coach for their lack of success I blame poor long term recruitment and retention so the front office are the ones who should have their heads on the chopping block.
Yes, interesting just how quickly premiership winning coaches can become on the nose.
For example the main difference I can see between Bellamy & Robinson vs Maguire and Green is one group has had an endless supply of decent cattle. The other just has the usual supply.

When they get a penalty, the 6 captains will come together and play this to decide what to do.....

Attachments

• RPSLS.jpg
    RPSLS.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 14
2.From the few eps of the Tigers doco I saw it seemed a dressing room lacking strong voices and leaders. This I guess is a way of the club trying to manufacture that and embolden a few players.
Could that have been done through a leadership group though.......probably.
This is a big problem for any club lacking an outright leader. Tigers are a basket case of the highest order.
Hiw lucky are we to have some old heads and strong voices in the club.

Yes, interesting just how quickly premiership winning coaches can become on the nose.
For example the main difference I can see between Bellamy & Robinson vs Maguire and Green is one group has had an endless supply of decent cattle. The other just has the usual supply.
I have to say I'm extremely happy we failed to entice Madge to Brooky, from what I've read he's a divisive coach and the complete opposite what we need at the Eagles

My specials for wooden spoon this year.
Could but not for me.

I think Cowboys are in trouble whilst the Dragons and Knights will also struggle IMO

Tigers are hard to judge, in Uto, Laurie, Talau they have some green shoots. Doueihi is great when he returns and Hastings will be better for his stint in the ESL.......but madge and the players vibing is the key and not sure that will happen.

Will be an interesting watch

Last edited:
Split their top 30 into 2 teams. Madge should coach team 1 “wests” and sheens the other “Balmain”. Play wests one week, Balmain the next. After 3 months see which coach/team has the best results, and proceed from there.

Can I get a contract to be in the tiger town show? With ideas like that, surely?

I think it's a good tactical move from Madge, up there with some of the game changing moves ever to be witnessed like the Eels bloody wedge.
5 x more captain challenges and if they don't get them they can challenge that all the way to the sports arbitration.
The coin toss 5 chances to win.

The Tigers are a rabble. This is the latest in a line of head scratching decisions.

Obviously no on wants to play for Madge, so all you get are mercenaries. Jackson Hastings the latest, while a likely past his best Api K for 2023 on big money (700k?). Tamou obviously not that effective these days and on big coin. The club has to play overs to get anyone to come.

And speaking of mercenaries why wouldn't you let Luciano Leulia walk a year early? Crazy that they think keeping him around is a good long term decision.

Shows you what a great job Des has done to build a winning culture at Manly and we have a pipleline of youngsters coming through.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11