Westboro Baptist Church -Virginia Tech Message

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you are looking for a playmate for your god-a-thon well I think I would rather discuss romper room in more detail.

Besides you so obviously have such a ridiculously superior intellect that my feeble grey matter would assume the foetal position should it be confronted by your behemoth of a brain.

And anyways, who says I am on the opposite side to you? ;)

If you are looking for a playmate for your god-a-thon well I think I would rather discuss romper room in more detail.

Besides you so obviously have such a ridiculously superior intellect that my feeble grey matter would assume the foetal position should it be confronted by your behemoth of a brain.

And anyways, who says I am on the opposite side to you? ;)

And who said I was debating with or discussing you?

There is quite a difference to someone being well read and being intelligent.

I am simply well read, particularly on this topic

[quote author=Dan]
When speaking with matas yes. But scientifically speaking there is enough evidence to make a very well educated guess and eliminate a god

How so?

[/quote]

Which part....the matas one is self explanatory he will never give you what he believes because he fears it being put into question

As for the scientific, evidence, it is not something I could surmise here, and not something that I could put justice to if I were able.

I guess if you are interested I would read an entire book on evolution and fully grasp the concept of it, then read some physics, then I don't know say "The selfish Gene" and maybe a few more hawking and Dawkins books and some other Darwinian text/theory

I guess if you are interested I would read an entire book on evolution and fully grasp the concept of it, then read some physics, then I don't know say \"The selfish Gene\" and maybe a few more hawking and Dawkins books and some other Darwinian text/theory

Your still basing your scientific explanation on the 'human' definition of god of which I agree with you.

My point was it is much harder to completely disprove 'a' creator when given no definition. That being that humans don't know if or what. To make an argument you must first be given something to argue. You cannot disprove something that cannot be proven but 'seems' a possibility.

I like to just think one day I will find out. Its too big an issue to get a human brain around because we live on a planet and in a life where everything has a beginning and end therefore to explain anything outside of what we know is too big an ask.

One things for sure, if I die and there is absolutely nothing than I won't give a ****. Well, actually I won't be able to not give a **** because I won't be.... **** it.

Anyhow, it can't be any worse than where I was before I was born, that didn't seem to bother me.

Dan, the Do Bee certainly was Real!!

Clon, we got im :) knew he couldnt resist for too long :)

Its too easy mate.

I also believe Mr Do Bee is real. Mr Do Bee how do you do.

The bird from Romper Room wasnt too bad either, if I recall correctly,

:lol:

[quote author=Dan]

I guess if you are interested I would read an entire book on evolution and fully grasp the concept of it, then read some physics, then I don't know say \"The selfish Gene\" and maybe a few more hawking and Dawkins books and some other Darwinian text/theory

Your still basing your scientific explanation on the 'human' definition of god of which I agree with you.

My point was it is much harder to completely disprove 'a' creator when given no definition. That being that humans don't know if or what. To make an argument you must first be given something to argue. You cannot disprove something that cannot be proven but 'seems' a possibility.

I like to just think one day I will find out. Its too big an issue to get a human brain around because we live on a planet and in a life where everything has a beginning and end therefore to explain anything outside of what we know is too big an ask.

One things for sure, if I die and there is absolutely nothing than I won't give a ****. Well, actually I won't be able to not give a **** because I won't be.... **** it.

Anyhow, it can't be any worse than where I was before I was born, that didn't seem to bother me.
[/quote]

But God is a human invention, without humans god would not exist because the concept would not be born within conscious thought.

There is no other definition of god but the human definition you are placing impossible parameters around it, much like the religious folk do

If there was a god, there would be no need for the other thread on Gingers. What "God" would create such a monstrosity.

If there were a god there would be no fat red headed chicks

Is there another word I can use so you will stop being so literal when it suits you. Think, god as in not the dude on the fluffy white cloud, but more so a description of a creative force ect? No definition.

Should their be a creator of all things (in their current state or not) how could science disprove that?

fLIP I am not beingg literal but the concept God or creator does not refer to a force, it is a personification.

You are refering to humanism or naturalism(sic) it still has a deist concept to it though!

To say that one day you will know and meet is personifying it and gives it the "Sky god" status. You may find you are trying to build parameters to justify your belief, but re-read you are contradicting yourself

What I'm saying is, if their is a god, not the christian god.

This god we will never know what it is.

Can science disprove it.

What I'm saying is, if their is a god, not the christian god.

This god we will never know what it is.

Can science disprove it.

That makes no sense...none at all.

Either way science goal isnt to "Disprove" any god or anything, that just simply is not what it is trying to do. I think you misunderstand the point.
Science is the quest for answers, the only disproving it does is when a theory that betters or changes the results of a previous one is proven. There is no science vs religion but there is Religion as a danger to knowledge and Religion vs Science

Sciences goal is to find the answers to questions, in this case the origins of life, the universe, the start of creation and all. In the process it is shoing that the concept of ANY creator or Intelligent designer is less and less likely.
On these forums the argument has been much based upon the non-existence of a Christian God but that is simply because there are a lot of Abrahamic Religion indoctrinated people on the site.

But the same arguments can go toward pretty much any theology. Simply because the more we find the more we understand. Evolution 100% explains how everything in this universe can have evolved from the exact same thing.

We are as humans simply a chemical reaction.

Dawkins himself admits that nobody has any understanding on how everything got here.

Umm are you sure you aren't imagining that?

He has enough sense to disregard any sense of "God" he is an Atheist, not a naturlaist, deist or anything reomtely similar.

He completely discounts ANY kind of intelligent design, I dare say also that you have likely read a cherry picked quote. How far into The God Delusion are you?

Just for the record, I think the interviewer is a complete dick but you will hear for yourself where Dawkins says they don't know where everything came from but they are working on it.

Still it is an admission that he doesn't have the answer to the fundamental question.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1fgKXmNJrQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1fgKXmNJrQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Woah woah woah

You have completely misquoted and misunderstood what he is saying and the exact argument what I am saying.

In the way you put it sure we don't know the exact answer but as I said earlier we know enough to make educated guesses.

Religion or even deist beliefs are dangerous to the advancement of knowledge.

What is sad is you have done exactly what the religious whackos do

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6