Were we good or they woeful?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I am just picking up my missus and have no voice - heading back west after the game: I am wondering whether we looked good on telly or whether they were just crap. Was this game a barometer?

I suppose the Tigers this Friday will be a better gauge.

I must say though it is great to give another side a flogging. It has been a long time. The 0 was pretty good too!!!! :yeah:

Both.

They were woeful but we were on fire.

1996 was the last time we kept a team to 0.

24 - 0 over the sharks Fox said.

Big deal we beat the 2007 wooden spooners.

A typical Orford performance. He plays well when a team is getting smashed but doesn't get us over the line in the close matches against the big teams.

WE will see how well he goes against the Tiggers, Parra, dogs, eels etc.

A typical Orford performance. He plays well when a team is getting smashed but doesn't get us over the line in the close matches against the big teams.

Yeah. remember how he cocked up that game at Brookvale against the Bullwogs last year?

I can't forget the Dragons last week Matas, thats the one I cant forget.

3 or 4 good games in 2 years is hardly the stuff of legend

Orford was not the only culprit last week.

But tonight he lifted a few more notches than some of the other culprits did.

Jesus mate. It's one hour after the game. Lets all bask in the glory a bit before we rip into Orford again !!! 8|

True Matas he was far from Robinson Crusoe last week,

As for some of his early kicks tonight, Jye Mullnae flashed into my memory for a second.

You and I could have played in the halves tonight and we still would have won by 20, although I'd have left the run down the sideline on full time to you :)

On the subject of King - he is making too many mistakes. Tonight it didn't matter but it might in big games.
I think he made 2 or 3 CW. One was a double push in a tackle and another was a dropped ball on a kick return. Outside of that I thought he had a blinder. Was my best forward by a long way. I couldn't expect Kite to back up 100% from Wednesday but Kingie made a huge contribution.

Yeah, its pushing the pass thats the problem.

Unlike Cuthbo, King goes into the tackle with the ball very secure. Once it's wrapped up he fight to free it and get a pass away. He then makes errors because of all the pressure on him in the tackle.

Opposed to Cuthbo who goes in with 1 hand on the ball and squeezes out the other side of the tackle with the ball still free and away for the same sort of risk.

For what Orford is being paid he playing like a wally lewis, alfie langer and Johnathan Thurston rolled into one.

Let us see how well he goes for the rest of the season.

[quote author=kingyfan]

You forgot to mention how well he did in the semi final last year against the dragons.

All those wonderful kicks and bombs straight to the dragons players. Hmmm. Semi final played awful. Roosters played great.

Yeah. remember how he cocked up that game at Brookvale against the Bullwogs last year?

[/quote]

I thought Cuthbo had a good game last night as did most of the team. From what I saw he has a good offload lurking in that one handed carry of his which ought to be worked on. Defense was good although the rorters didn't offer anything. Anasta was woeful and the only game plan they had seemingly was pass it to Myles and hope for the best really.

how good did the boys go. I was really impressed by Stewart.. he was awesome.. he did everything... he was like a Locyker in his full back days..

Monaghan was smart as usual... so funny when he used his brother and embarrassed him and then kicked a superb ball for Robbo.

Robbo... geez this guy is a bargain.. we all had our doubts over signing him but wow.. this guy is phenomenal... well done Robbo your a champion.

Bell back to his best.. Origin has helped this guy.. rediscover his form..

Orford.. probably his best game in a while.. but that doesnt surprise me as he always plays good against the **** teams. But heres hoping he can carry his form into the finals.

Cuthbo was good.. Kingy was good.. Right through they had top games.. Nice to see Beaver hitting some holes and setting up tries again.

GO YOU EAGLES!

I don't know that we can take too much notice of what individuals may have done skill wise last night as games like that are a bit of an anomally. Why I think it was good is that some players may have played themselves back into form. Bell & Stewy have stepped up a level since origin, Cuthbo is finding his place & Ox got better as the game went on.
It was great to see them finally put a team to the sword after so many missed opportunities.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4