Wendell Stood Down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He will be in the same football retirement home as Andrew Walker. The alleged drug-taking happened following the game against the Brumbies.

Question I have is "Would he have been exposed had he been Giteau or Mitchell (or somebody they wanted to keep) and has this come on as Rugby is sick of him and therefore they are happy to see him go??)

Whilst this sounds a bit of a conspiracy theory, in some codes the clubs test and keep the results to the themselves. taking action in-house. It depends on who is doing the testing.

It revives the old performance enhancing versus non-performance enhancing drugs chestnut.

Personally I think 2 years for a drug like cocaine is too harsh. I am not 100% sure but I think a performance enhancing drug would attract the same ban which is ridiculous.

Agree with CW, if it was Gits it would have been covered up they just want to see the back of Wendell.

He definately cant come back to league if he is banned for 2 years can he?

Just heard that it was an Australian Sports Drug Agency test. No conspiracy here - he just go caught.

No league, Rugby or anything sanctioned at all.

I think the NRL & ARU have a gentlemans agreement in place. As technically I think Walker could have played Union but they agreed not to let him play whilst he was still banned in League. Not 100% sure though.

Nearly all professional sports are members of the Australian Anti-Doping Association (formerly ASDA). The list of banned substances would be the same for league as union. It is part of the association policy that athletes who test positive are unable to play in another code.

At 34 when the ban is over, that's it, done and dusted. Frees up money for Gasnier.

Won't be any tears from Ewen McKenzie. He was less than impressed with Sailor's previous discipline issues.

Personally I think 2 years for a drug like cocaine is too harsh. I am not 100% sure but I think a performance enhancing drug would attract the same ban which is ridiculous.

Agree with CW, if it was Gits it would have been covered up they just want to see the back of Wendell.

He definately cant come back to league if he is banned for 2 years can he?

Garts whilst I sort of agree, everyone knows the code and the banned substances that go with it. When Sailor was racking up a line he knew what would happen if he got caught, now he has to face the consequences.

The NRL last night ruled out a lifeline for Sailor if he were suspended by rugby union because both codes are bound by World Anti-Doping Agency requirements.

The only high profile sport which isnt linked to WADA is AFL, maybe he can get a run for the swannies!! The AFL actually give you three chances on "recreational" drugs. :roll:

The only high profile sport which isnt linked to WADA is AFL, maybe he can get a run for the swannies!! The AFL actually give you three chances on \"recreational\" drugs. :roll:

The AFL have to, otherwise most of their high profile players like Akers, Cousins, Hamill would have been rubbed out years ago. :)0

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2