Wellington Orcas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Can this work ?

There are very strong stories coming out that a side from Wellington will be joining the UK Super League. I thought it was laughable the 1st time i heard it and dismissed it immediately as bull****. However was watching a show over here the other night, and Graham Lowe was on, who has been privy to some of the goings on, and apparently the people running the Orcas have had 3-4 very positive meetings with the Super League people

How could it work, having a 24 hour trip to an away game and somehow be competitive ? All i could think of is that they would maybe go and play 4 weeks in UK and then 4 at home etc, but that will still mean the UK sides would have to fly that distance for a 1 off game

Any thoughts on how this could be workable ?, coz it has me stuffed

I think it's a logistical nightmare. We all saw how long it took for the Warriors to gain a steady financial foothold. They will go broke.

Same as Union teams in SA. Like you said, go for a few games and then come back.

The main difference being that the SA teams can have a tour, while the UK sides, unless staying for multiple games at once, have a 24 hour trip for an away game. That is where i see it falling down

yeah your right. Unless their is a possibility of giving the side a bye after playing the NZ side.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4