We'll finish where we deserve to finish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know how you can start predicting where we will finish until we at least know what the make up of our team will be.

There's still the mad October period to go ( loads of transfers ) , and the biggest question of the all, the fate of the 1.2 Million men!!

If we don't add a single player more and still have Skivvy / Snake ( injury prone and one of them possibly mentally past it) then I'd expect maybe a few spots higher than 2016.

But we aren't done yet, so let's have this thread again later in the year.
Matt Elliott can predict it already......
So he says.

We must remember that we finished bottom 4 with a shocking injury toll and a bad draw that lead to these injuries. Despite this we looked at one stage to be pushing for 9th or so spot with a chance to even make the eight. Those calling for bottom 4 again must be joking, especially considering we are bound to have a much improved side with a proper 5/8, some good depth and some more intimidating forwards on the way. I'm not at all saying we are top four or that we are to be premiership contenders but top 8 is looking rather likely in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry, we had a 7 game losing streak, and finished with another 5 game losing streak. Not sure of you recall that numb nuts Myles laughing it up with his Bronco buddies straight after getting flogged / lapped by them. Here is vision of a team that is actually plugged in & take pride in their results after a loss.

CtGUUGZVYAASbr7.jpg:large

Apart from Jake Trbojevic, who looked completely gutted after each loss (baring in mind we lost 16 of 24 games), the majority of our group just doesn't give a ****.

That's why bringing in ring ins like Brown and Myles does nothing for team culture. Here to remain in the limelight, and receive a pay cheque. Nothing more, nothing less. No pride in result. Walker the same.

Fulton says we will be VERY happy with who we have already signed. So far, Green, Cullen, Wright (Jonathan / Matthew) have completely underwhelmed me (Lane gives me some hope).

I don't know what I'm watching / supporting anymore - I sure as hell know it's not damned well manly Sea Eagles. just a bunch of mercenaries top to bottom.

Harry, we had a 7 game losing streak, and finished with another 5 game losing streak. Not sure of you recall that numb nuts Myles laughing it up with his Bronco buddies straight after getting flogged / lapped by them. Here is vision of a team that is actually plugged in & take pride in their results after a loss.

CtGUUGZVYAASbr7.jpg:large

Apart from Jake Trbojevic, who looked completely gutted after each loss (baring in mind we lost 16 of 24 games), the majority of our group just doesn't give a ****.

That's why bringing in ring ins like Brown and Myles does nothing for team culture. Here to remain in the limelight, and receive a pay cheque. Nothing more, nothing less. No pride in result. Walker the same.

Fulton says we will be VERY happy with who we have already signed. So far, Green, Cullen, Wright (Jonathan / Matthew) have completely underwhelmed me (Lane gives me some hope).

I don't know what I'm watching / supporting anymore - I sure as hell know it's not damned well manly Sea Eagles. just a bunch of mercenaries top to bottom.
I have never sounded like I liked Brown and Myles, infact I bag them in almost every thread.. They are absolutely appalling and represent our recruitment at the moment.

Don't worry with Green he'll be good, the others are depth and shouldn't be seen in first grade often or at all.

As far as I know the Trbo's, Lawrence, Buhrer, Tapau, Matai, Lussick and Green will carry that pride for manly next season with some others getting the pride rubbed onto them whereas the others who don't will struggle to find it without a coach that cares so greatly for the club, a coach that's got the manly culture within him.

I'll go for manly forever and to the same extent, but I refuse to be happy with us until I see that the players care more then that of any other club... So I suppose I'll have to wait till bozo and the penns leave so that we can make some calls that will benefit the club rather then the individuals cough cough Geoff Toovey

However with the losing streaks and generally the whole 2016 season I put that down to having injuries and having players who just don't care for manly coming in as replacements, Nate Myles however can absolutely get annihilatingly ****ed!

I found 2016 incredibly hard to judge where we were at performance-wise as the players were barely recognisable compared to our best 17, especially the backline

Well said mate. I was probably a little crankier than I meant to be earlier (my brothers birthday who passed in a motorbike accident 2 years ago) so sorry for that mate.

But yeah, these current throw ins most certainly do not epitomise our Manly passion. They haven't bought in.

Myles should never have left Queensland. He still posts pro Bronco material on his twitter feed.

I struggle to be as passionate as I used to be, when there is obvious apathy in the playing group. Apparently Bozo was going to be scathing with some players after reviewing their seasons performances.

I hope he got Myles (after his nude run) to walk across the battlefield, put his head between his own legs, and kiss his own arse (William Wallace meme).

Whether it be Zorba alienating the fans, The Penns arrogance and unapproachability, the sacking of all our staff and legends, hacks like Dan Ferris, John Cartwright and others brought in, lazy good for nothing players like Myles, Brown, Walker, Winterstein and Mathew Wright, they are really making it hard for people to love the club like we used to.

I don't care if we are losing. My favorite time as a Manly fan was when Mullane and Witt were our halves FFS. Why? Despite their lack of skill, they (as examples) "appeared" passionate about throwing on our jersey. We were coached by Manly at heart people, with approachable CEO'S that I felt were passionate about us winning.

I have never felt as less plugged in, ever. And it sucks, because I love this club so damned much.

I just hate that we've become that ordinary, passionless, vanilla no hoper club that The Titans were when Ferris was their fitness coach and Cartwright was their coach, amd Myles was one of their forwards leaders - ironic, isn't it.

I just hate that we've become that ordinary, passionless, vanilla no hoper club that The Titans were when Ferris was their fitness coach and Cartwright was their coach, amd Myles was one of their forwards leaders - ironic, isn't it.

And now we're after G. Bird. Sheeesh

The cliche 'If we do the right things etc results will take care of themselves' really rings true. We lacked in large doses in 2016 the two P's - pride and passion. And that showed on the footy field in our inability to grind games out for 80 minutes and switching off in periods of games that cost us dearly. Results aside in the first few rounds of 2017, if I see no significant change in our onfield demeanour, body language etc that tells me 2 things. 1. It will be another year of failure and 2. The coaching staff have failed to get player buy in. Ok so we're not gonna win the comp every year. That I can deal with. But watching my beloved Eagles playing and seeming to care about the result less than the fans on the hill makes me very sad and very very angry.

The cliche 'If we do the right things etc results will take care of themselves' really rings true. We lacked in large doses in 2016 the two P's - pride and passion. And that showed on the footy field in our inability to grind games out for 80 minutes and switching off in periods of games that cost us dearly. Results aside in the first few rounds of 2017, if I see no significant change in our onfield demeanour, body language etc that tells me 2 things. 1. It will be another year of failure and 2. The coaching staff have failed to get player buy in. Ok so we're not gonna win the comp every year. That I can deal with. But watching my beloved Eagles playing and seeming to care about the result less than the fans on the hill makes me very sad and very very angry.

Certainly pride and passion are essentials there Timmy. But you forgot the last needed item. Skill.

Ok Trent well there u have it... See how u go getting this organised in the off season with ure mate. 1. Skill 2. Pride in the jersey 3. Fitness
'Good luck with that'

Truth be told that we are light years away from the top teams. Our depth was non existent and we got badly exposed. We lack the toughness and togetherness of our recent successful teams. To get that back will take hard work. The club must end the dysfunctional stuff that has engulfed our club since 2014.

We have players who can improve US but the hard work starts now. Making the 8 would be a great achievement for next year.

if we have 3 million of our salary cap on the sidelines we wont make the 8 again. No team would.

If we can have some form of continuous team then bottom 8 at least.

Truth be told that we are light years away from the top teams. Our depth was non existent and we got badly exposed. We lack the toughness and togetherness of our recent successful teams. To get that back will take hard work. The club must end the dysfunctional stuff that has engulfed our club since 2014.

We have players who can improve US but the hard work starts now. Making the 8 would be a great achievement for next year.
We need a strong coaching message to players to do their job, and line up and execute their roles. Too much headless chook play this year. It was Incredibly frustrating, especially when we could overpower teams on occasion and still easily lose the match.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4