Well done to the maligned

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I have to say that the fellows who usually get something of a bollocking on this site all stood up last night and had fine games.

King made some ferocious hit-ups, was subbed AFTER Kite and didn't seem to do much wrong. Probably his best game of the year at the right end of the year.

Willo was always solid in defence and gave 100%.

Dunley probably had his best game of the year too and was dynamic running out of dummy half.

Monaghan's long kicking game out of dummy half was spot on. His first kick led to a try, he nabbed a crucial 40/20 and he kicked long all night.

Matai was extremely impressive. Every time he took the ball up he made 10-12 metres and he was flawless in defence - making one big hit that snuffed out a try.

Leuluai came on at a critical time in the second half and made some very hard metres when we were coming out of our own half.

It seems as though the blokes we've been "carrying" for a while are now becoming contributors - all at the right time.

Finally, how good were Beaver and Rose? I just can't see that Rose will be the one dropped to accomodate the return of BK. I'd imagine Minogue is at first drop now.

Yes you would think the fact that he is leaving would make Lulu the first to go but could be Dunley depending on the fitness of the Ox.

Unfortunately, I think we will go with:-

Willow / Rose / Bryant / Leuluai on the bench.

I mean - that's a cracker bench, but I think no-one should be being rested. That's a good thing though.

Aint depth grand !!!

Unfortunately, I think we will go with:-

Willow / Rose / Bryant / Leuluai on the bench.
I mean - that's a cracker bench, but I think no-one should be being rested. That's a good thing though.

Aint depth grand !!!

That would be my bench and I think it will be Des's judging by last week when Dunley was rested. I thought Dunley was good last night but Williamson is a very solid player and a good utility.
Rose has just been outstanding. He's a massive impact when he comes on, and I'd love to know how many penalties he has 'earned' when opposition teams try to slow down his ptb's. He's just so hard to dominate other teams seem to give him far too much attention.

to those at the game. When bryant was getting ready to come on the first half , was the crowd chanting ROSE. Sounded like it watching at home. I love this guy and he will replaced BK next year as my 2nd favourite Eagle. Beaver has a permanent spot as my all time favourite .

It is a complete waste to have three props on the bench - one of them inevitably ends up being underutilised.

At lease Dunley adds variety to the dummy half attack. I think it is vital we have utility/secondrower/prop/prop on the bench - thus Minogue would miss out IMO.

Either way who ever plays will do their best and a fine job.

Im still worried against their full pack (minus Asotasi) we would struggle.

But credit to the boys. Stuck out for another close win..

Good post Mata. Giving credit where credit is due.

The transformation of the man with the acid tongue is now almost complete. Despite some soft tries to the Dogs he now chooses to focus on the positives of what is fast turning into what is fast becoming a very successful season for the Sea Eagles. I love the glass is half full attitude that now seems to have overtaken you. Those mini spring rolls they served against the Panthers a few weeks must have been sensational.

Just a personal view here but the feeling amongst many of the fans both at the ground and elsewhere is that our performances this year are attracting a lot of emtional involvment and passion from the supporters. In our most recent successful seasons (1996 & 1997) we were so dominant and as a fan so arrogant that we just expected to win so I don't think the wins meant as much as what they currently do. The emotion and exitement last night was something very special. Not only after the win but from the time the team came on to the field for the warm up. The crowd sang and chanted throughout the majority of the 80 minutes of the game. The supporters now are not as arrogant as we were in 1996 & 1997 and we now appreciate and savour every win.

In the past 6 or 7 years we (supporters) have been to hell and back, the JV, the club almost collapsing etc. Now finally under Hasler and some astute recruitment we find ourselves as geniune contenders, not the favourites but well in the mix.

In the past 6 or 7 years we (supporters) have been to hell and back, the JV, the club almost collapsing etc. Now finally under Hasler and some astute recruitment we find ourselves as geniune contenders, not the favourites but well in the mix.

Exactly, we have been through the valley of the shadow of death and it has been a painful decade for the real supporters that have stuck with the club through thick and thin.

There is nothing worng with savouring some hard fought for content.

I now reserve my contempt for all the "fans" jumping back on the bandwagon - where have they been the last 7 years?

I now reserve my contempt for all the \"fans\" jumping back on the bandwagon - where have they been the last 7 years?

I wouldn't denigrate these supporters. For all sorts of reasons supporters have different levels of emotional investment in their team. A supporter is a supporter in my eyes and as long as that suppport is for the Maroon & White I have no problems.

Your comment reeks of "I'm a true supporter" which comment on has been consistently derided within these pages.

I would agree though that some of the more passionate supporters will be enjoying a much warmer feeling after victories like last night.

same great coments pete and mata

this is why i dont rate brisbane fans

those bastards take winning for granted.

Im a big believer in the fact ure team has to have a bad times, they make the premierships even sweeter.

I know right when a manly captain finnally lifts that trophy its going to be a sweet sweet day for this manly fan.

I have no problem with a certain sense of superiority having stuck with this team through its darkest days, and obsessing over their progress.

And I consider the Petes, Cliffys, AJs and the majority of posters on this site, as well as our Rocker friends, comrades in arms in this.

I think our superiority as fans who stuck solid through the very worst does earn us some bragging rights.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4