Welcome, powhiri and kaabo ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Welcome, powhiri and kaabo .. to all the new comers ready to weave their individual thread in the rich and glorious tapestry that is the Mighty Sea Eagles history ... wishing success and good luck to each of them ..

So, time to put on our sorting hats .. and rate/predict how you think they will go .. I have included Aloaia as it appears he will likely be here ..

Aloaia ... Very good signing, has some grunt and attitude in defence and attack .. rounds out a solid middle
Foran .. Good signing, will make a difference wherever he plays .... value for money .. chance to reclaim his legacy .
Davey .. Good depth signing, will put in professional performances
Topolotu ... Exciting prospect .. have a good feeling about him ..
Saab .. Not as sold on him as others .. yes he is tall and fast, just don't know if he is a complete footballer ... hope he is .
Koula & Weeks ... sound like a 70's sitcom ... but very very excited about the future of these two .. bring on 2022 ..

Welcome to all the new comers ready to weave their individual thread in the rich and glorious tapestry that is the Mighty Sea Eagles history ...

So, time to put on our sorting hats .. and rate/predict how you think they will go .. I have included Aloaia as it appears he will likely be here ..

Aloaia ... Very good signing, has some grunt and attitude in defence and attack .. rounds out a solid middle
Foran .. Good signing, will make a difference wherever he plays .... value for money
Saab .. Not as sold on him as others .. yes he is tall and fast, just don't know if he is a complete footballer ... hope he is .
Koula & Weeks ... sound like a 70's sitcom ... but very very excited about the future of these two .. bring on 2022 ..
Very well said. Think Davey is purely depth. I think Saab just offers that tall speedy winger that we need and dont have. He and Top are young - they need time to develop. Saab needs to fill out and beef up. But they are very very high quality juniors. Now whether they become even decent first graders who knows but we have signed for the future - yes for this year but more for 2022 onwards. Hopefully we will also sign Garner.

Aloaia - Will be solid but not breathtaking like Addin could be on his day

Foran - Jury is out but it will be binary. We won't be sitting here in 12 months time going, "he was OK". He will be great or will bust.

Davey - Will surprise on the upside.

Topolotu - Will get a chance early in the year and won't look back.

Saab - I have no idea what to make of him. Saints fans are happy for him to leave, but he has many exciting attributes. Suspect he will be at Blacktown until mid year (indeed, Blacktown is 20 mins from his home at Greystanes, fulfilling his wish of wanting to play closer to home)

Koula & Weeks - Admittedly haven't seen either play, only highlights. But from what I have seen and read of Koula, am pumped to see what he can do.

Aloaia - Will be solid but not breathtaking like Addin could be on his day

Foran - Jury is out but it will be binary. We won't be sitting here in 12 months time going, "he was OK". He will be great or will bust.

Davey - Will surprise on the upside.

Topolotu - Will get a chance early in the year and won't look back.

Saab - I have no idea what to make of him. Saints fans are happy for him to leave, but he has many exciting attributes. Suspect he will be at Blacktown until mid year (indeed, Blacktown is 20 mins from his home at Greystanes, fulfilling his wish of wanting to play closer to home)

Koula & Weeks - Admittedly haven't seen either play, only highlights. But from what I have seen and read of Koula, am pumped to see what he can do.
I feel like you will see Saab make his debut before Tuipolotu... however could be wrong.

Really hope we get Garner. Des should throw them one of our centres / wingers considering we have so many and considering Noafoluma is potentially leaving...maybe Parker, Garrick, Harper (although just joined)... imagine if they took Taufua hahaha. Or give them Boyle.

I feel like you will see Saab make his debut before Tuipolotu... however could be wrong.

Really hope we get Garner. Des should throw them one of our centres / wingers considering we have so many and considering Noafoluma is potentially leaving...maybe Parker, Garrick, Harper (although just joined)... imagine if they took Taufua hahaha. Or give them Boyle.
I like Parker at Manly because 1) (and most importantly) he is a bloodnut and 2) he is a local junior and I think a healthy dose of juniors is necessary to prevent a club becoming a mere franchise. But from memory the Tigers were interested in him the last time he was off contract. Not sure if that was when Cleary was coach though.

Welcome, powhiri and kaabo .. to all the new comers ready to weave their individual thread in the rich and glorious tapestry that is the Mighty Sea Eagles history ... wishing success and good luck to each of them ..

Foran .. Good signing, will make a difference wherever he plays .... value for money .. chance to reclaim his legacy .

Koula & Weeks sounds more a drink either neat or on the rocks thanks :)

Garner for Sironen swap is looking more likely by the sounds. Quite frankly Sironen with his injuries and his constant cutback inside running is a liability now. Just too predictable

Love your work Woodsie
Foran - regardless of age and frailty will offer Massive experience, plus a competitive edge we have lacked in recent years when the heat is on....and his apparent offset of Schuster is the Ultimate Furby - will help this kid aspire to be the best player he possibly can be...

I like Parker at Manly because 1) (and most importantly) he is a bloodnut and 2) he is a local junior and I think a healthy dose of juniors is necessary to prevent a club becoming a mere franchise. But from memory the Tigers were interested in him the last time he was off contract. Not sure if that was when Cleary was coach though.
I like him too. I think he'd provide great value if he bulks up as a 2row and centre fill in.

But the reality is right now we have over 10 centre wings (something crazy) and 5 or less second rowers. Given Suli and Walker probably have mortgages on the centre positions, unless Parker makes a positional shift of some sort I can't see him having nearly as much value as what Garner would provide. Garner would go straight into the starting side, whereas Parker wouldnt.

From a cap perspective, it's purely inefficient to have this many centre wings (although its great to see back of Jorge and co.) ... so might as well strengthen the positions we need now --> which is second row. Oh an hooker, but everyone seems to have forgotten about the importance of hookers.

There may be no 'I' in team,

but there is one in Tuipulotu..!

They will all help us to our premiership threepeat starting 2021.
th_i-found-the-i-in-team-t-shirt-13449.jpg

Yes yes give them jorge.. they need experienced players ;) boyle i like he just never got a shot. 1st 2 rounds he was great but then barely sighted

I like him too. I think he'd provide great value if he bulks up as a 2row and centre fill in.

But the reality is right now we have over 10 centre wings (something crazy) and 5 or less second rowers. Given Suli and Walker probably have mortgages on the centre positions, unless Parker makes a positional shift of some sort I can't see him having nearly as much value as what Garner would provide. Garner would go straight into the starting side, whereas Parker wouldnt.

From a cap perspective, it's purely inefficient to have this many centre wings (although its great to see back of Jorge and co.) ... so might as well strengthen the positions we need now --> which is second row. Oh an hooker, but everyone seems to have forgotten about the importance of hookers.
I'm pretty sure the full time, professional coaching staff are aware of the situation. I heard they were thinking of playing Marty at Hooker.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4