Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Totally. Johns offers absolutely nothing. He’s gone after today as is Kelma. Parker is there due to having nothing else, in fact I’d be inclined to put in RayRay and push Reubs into Centre.
Burbo is getting tries and assists playing one in from the wing

Nah Siebold will pick the same duds next eeek unless injuries or Schuster is finally fit
He said in the presser Josh A out and Kelma out (played 30 minutes with a facial fracture) and Jake and Schu likely back.
He did also mention at looking at the team selections. Seemed like an acknowledgement that changes needed to be made (not just forced due to injury).

He said in the presser Josh A out and Kelma out (played 30 minutes with a facial fracture) and Jake and Schu likely back.
He did also mention at looking at the team selections. Seemed like an acknowledgement that changes needed to be made (not just forced due to injury).
People need to be accountable. Can’t have complacency in the ranks.

There is no way that John’s should be ahead of Weekes in the pecking order. He has offered nothing in defence or attack the last two weeks. We put a rookie a pressure cooker (Penrith) and then don’t pick him again. Now that’s confidence building. Fainu got a start then got pushed out into centres because the coach stuffed up the selection of the bench and he hasn’t been sighted since. Come on really!!!! Have a good look at yourselves Seibold and Flanagan.

Weekes seems to be the forgotten man. I understand giving him game time in the Reggies to get his confidence back, but this should be to bring him back into the first grade squad. He may struggle for a while adapting but he has something others in the backline lack. Creative talent. Manly are reverting back to safe and boring, just like Hasler did. Let the kid make mistakes. Let him have mixed games for a while. Experience is what he needs and he wont get it playing Reggies.

At very least Weekes adds spark.....to a side badly needing it.
Is it valid to play Gordie at 9 and Croker at 13 ?
Having both Gordie and Weekes adds some attacking thrust to a "slow team", who can't even utilise speed men like Saab and Koula, as have no ability to unlock the middle first, just maybe a few changes in key positions can change this in a positive way ?

Again, I don't wish injury upon any player. I hope they both have a good recovery. That said, if I had to choose two players from the current team that would be sitting out games for awhile...

Last edited:
Weekes to fullback and Turbo to the centres. It's time to do this.

Well worth trying it out. Turbo is off the boil at present, and having the custodian role taken off him for a while, and playing outside Schuster, may be just what he needs to be reinvigorated. And I'm getting annoyed with Seibs suggesting there's nothing wrong. We can all see it. Turbo is struggling and I suspect if its not injury then its confidence.

At very least Weekes adds spark.....to a side badly needing it.
Is it valid to play Gordie at 9 and Croker at 13 ?
Having both Gordie and Weekes adds some attacking thrust to a "slow team", who can't even utilise speed men like Saab and Koula, as have no ability to unlock the middle first, just maybe a few changes in key positions can change this in a positive way ?
Gordie and Weekes both must play.

Gordie at 14 for 20-30 minutes. Give him a couple of games and see how he goes.

I'm really disappointed at how Weekes has been treated in the last 12 months. We only see 80 minutes a week so maybe there are valid reasons why he is in and out of the team. But to play Cooper Johns over him seems silly to me. If Schuster is back i would play Weekes at fullback and put Tom to the centres.

I was against this at first ,but maybe in an effort to get all the best players on the field its worth looking at .

Also I think Koula would get some ball in space maybe off Turbo ? What ever we need something

GT has to be on the bench for Croker,
Parker I think as much as I hate to say it has seen better days so yes Turbo in there ,
Fainu on the bench for middle rotation ,
Lawton to lock he can ball play if needed ,
Schu to 5/8 ,Johns should never be seen in 1st grade unless we are really in dire straights ,if Schu not available then Weekes
Burbo in for Kelma ,
Sippers onto bench if available after suspension

there we go simples ,sometimes you have to change things up to get a different result, as if you do what you always did you will get what you always got .

I was against this at first ,but maybe in an effort to get all the best players on the field its worth looking at .

Also I think Koula would get some ball in space maybe off Turbo ? What ever we need something

GT has to be on the bench for Croker,
Parker I think as much as I hate to say it has seen better days so yes Turbo in there ,
Fainu on the bench for middle rotation ,
Lawton to lock he can ball play if needed ,
Schu to 5/8 ,Johns should never be seen in 1st grade unless we are really in dire straights ,if Schu not available then Weekes
Burbo in for Kelma ,
Sippers onto bench if available after suspension

there we go simples ,sometimes you have to change things up to get a different result, as if you do what you always did you will get what you always got .
You have nailed what is going through my head on this stuff - get the best players on the field.

That usually means playing guys out of positions. but in the moves you have described, we can avoid this.

I would not be advocating Tom to centres either if he was at his best. But imo Weekes needs to get a go and its worth a try. As courageous as Parker is he is just getting skinned so often these days.

It's time to do something. I think Turbo might be more effective as five-eight considering how he is currently playing.

Weekes
Saab
Koula
Parker
Garrick
Turbo
DCE
Schuster
Lawton/Burbo
Olakau'tua
Paseka
Croker
Keppie

GCKT
Bullemore
Lawton/Burbo
Fainu

It's time to do something. I think Turbo might be more effective as five-eight considering how he is currently playing.

Weekes
Saab
Koula
Parker
Garrick
Turbo
DCE
Schuster
Lawton/Burbo
Olakau'tua
Paseka
Croker
Keppie

GCKT
Bullemore
Lawton/Burbo
Fainu
I like the idea of Shu at lock eventually but I really want to see what he can do fit and firing first. It might just be what Tom needs to get him going again. But for sure, we need something to change.

Weekes must really be down the pecking order below Cooper Johns. Don't know how thou.

Before making his 5/8th debut vs Penrith Seibold went to great lengths to say Weekes deserved this crack.

When Schu got injured again, Seibold knew he would be out for 2 -3 matches. Golden opportunity to play Weekes at 5/8th for a few weeks.

Epic failure by Seibold in team selection.
Theres a pattern of concern that I notice taking place at the moment. It seems the kids coming up from Blacktown are either not given a chance or they are given 1 game to audition for a spot in the team and if they don't have an outstanding game then they get pushed way down the pecking order in favour of the regular underperformers or someone signed outside of the club. I find it baffling where Johns who couldn't crack the Storm team for five years all of a sudden is given an automatic gig here regardless of his form.

Schuster is a talented ball player, the best in the club. Wasted talent in the forwards as was seen in Hasler's time. Like using a hooker in the centres. Important to identify the best position for the best talent displayed. For example Croker is a top defender and never stops. Personally I reckon he's ideal for lock where his defense is needed and his mobility would be valuable. Weekes is a speedy and versatile ball player. Ideal for 5/8, centre or full back. Garrick is a speedy and a quick thinking player ideal for the wing, but not centre. Chan looks to have the quick and variable service to make an excellent hooker but not a centre. Pick your best players in their ideal position and then the rest in positions that best suit their game, if not their ideal spot. For example the idea of DCE at hooker would diminish his value to the side and the talent he has. He's one you wouldn't move. Nor Schuster.

Theres a pattern of concern that I notice taking place at the moment. It seems the kids coming up from Blacktown are either not given a chance or they are given 1 game to audition for a spot in the team and if they don't have an outstanding game then they get pushed way down the pecking order in favour of the regular underperformers or someone signed outside of the club. I find it baffling where Johns who couldn't crack the Storm team for five years all of a sudden is given an automatic gig here regardless of his form.
There’s also a pattern of poor performances of the Blacktown side.Of recent times,they’ve won a few games but none of them have been Weekes influenced.Johns is not the answer,but he was never the first choice anyway

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8