Week 1 - Semi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
What are you drinking? Can you pass me some please lol

It's a school night SER8. No more than 9 beers and lights out before dawn.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
What are you drinking? Can you pass me some please lol

It's a school night SER8. No more than 9 beers and lights out before dawn.

Blake said:
How did the top 5 system work?

Week 1

A- Team 2 Vs Team 3
B- Team 4 Vs Team 5. Loser eliminated.
Minor Premier has the week off.

Week 2
C- Winner A Vs Minor Premier. Winner through to Grand Final.
D- Loser A Vs Winner B. Loser eliminated.

Week 3

E- Loser C Vs Winner D. Loser eliminated. Winner through to Grand Final.

Week 4 (Grand Final)

Winner C Vs Winner E.

Blake said:
How did the top 5 system work?

Week 1

A- Team 2 Vs Team 3
B- Team 4 Vs Team 5. Loser eliminated.
Minor Premier has the week off.

Week 2
C- Winner A Vs Minor Premier. Winner through to Grand Final.
D- Loser A Vs Winner B. Loser eliminated.

Week 3

E- Loser C Vs Winner D. Loser eliminated. Winner through to Grand Final.

Week 4 (Grand Final)

Winner C Vs Winner E.

I don't think the days the games are on are set in stone. I think channel 9 decides what day depending on the game. Because this year all the games mean something whereas previously games 4v5 and 3v6 could be pointless so they had to play them first.

I don't think the days the games are on are set in stone. I think channel 9 decides what day depending on the game. Because this year all the games mean something whereas previously games 4v5 and 3v6 could be pointless so they had to play them first.

mickqld said:
The new format has made it a hell of a lot easier for teams 7 and 8 to progress. I dont know that is a good thing do those teams really deserve any easier a draw in the semis?

It may be easier for them to get to the second round but in this set up they dnt get a home game like warriors and parramatta of a few years back after knocking off the 1st place team.

I dnt know if it's easier as such as both teams know if they lose they are gooooneskies

mickqld said:
The new format has made it a hell of a lot easier for teams 7 and 8 to progress. I dont know that is a good thing do those teams really deserve any easier a draw in the semis?

It may be easier for them to get to the second round but in this set up they dnt get a home game like warriors and parramatta of a few years back after knocking off the 1st place team.

I dnt know if it's easier as such as both teams know if they lose they are gooooneskies

The good thing about the top 5 was that it really gave advantage to the side that won the minor premiership and made it difficult for team 4 and 5 to make it. The minor premiers had 2 shots at getting into the GF. The negative was that if the minor premiers won their first semi and went through to the GF they ended up going into the GF having played only 1 game in the previous 4 weeks.

The good thing about the top 5 was that it really gave advantage to the side that won the minor premiership and made it difficult for team 4 and 5 to make it. The minor premiers had 2 shots at getting into the GF. The negative was that if the minor premiers won their first semi and went through to the GF they ended up going into the GF having played only 1 game in the previous 4 weeks.

JohnB_32 said:

If you look at the link I provided earlier, there is a little * next to weeks 2 and 3 stating that " A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week x" but no such thing about week 1, so I think week 1 will be the way it's been stated.

1v4 and 2v3 are the bigger games, so they will be in the traditional Channel 9 slots of Friday night and Sunday arvo.

JohnB_32 said:

If you look at the link I provided earlier, there is a little * next to weeks 2 and 3 stating that " A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week x" but no such thing about week 1, so I think week 1 will be the way it's been stated.

1v4 and 2v3 are the bigger games, so they will be in the traditional Channel 9 slots of Friday night and Sunday arvo.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8