We wanted resilience- we got it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
We've had some very good performances this year but 5 of our 7 wins were at Brookvale in front of a sellout crowd.

I think our main challenge now is to produce these kinds of performances everywhere, not just when we have a large partisan crowd willing the team home.
True. But we also need to ensure these last 4 games at home are four more sellouts and we give our boys every chance to win them. If we keep up the sort of effort and style we played with yesterday, I'm sure the full house sign will be up each time.

Eagle 1

First Grader
While this would be up there, he has had a few good games. I am somewhat perplexed that he doesn't get more game time. I love his energy and he is always making the defense work hard with his leg speed and change of angles.
"While this would be up there"
Really !! Lol. Bit of an understatement if ever there was.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
TBH , its a combination of seibs and nathan brown that seems to adding some resilience and neither were wanted by fans.

Corey waddell threw his unwanted hat into the resilience ring last week

It seems to me the new guys are raising the standards rather than the established core group of players

Brooks, talau

It seems they haven't learnt Manlys generally low acceptance levels

So the question. Did we really want resilience or do Manly fans forget what it looks like

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seibold has had Manly playing Better footy regardless of any one's thoughts
But today had them UP for the game
I mean we were shot with no reserves, yet found a way to win well
Seibold has to have won respect based on this factor
In fairness to both you and also to @Ryan whose low opinions of the side I scoffed at because of my crazy glass half full optimism ... watching on tv I was so sure we were shot ducks at half time that I was too depressed to even watch the 2nd half!
Eventually half an hour later I watched the 2nd half and I was shocked (pleasantly!)

I'll give credit to Seibold for whatever he said at halftime, and also to Lawton whose great run set the tone for the 2nd half. And then obviously to all the players, they bought in and didn't give an inch.
Personally I think things like 'resilience' are very much tied in to confidence and momentum, but either way, may it continue to build!

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
In fairness to both you and also to @Ryan whose low opinions of the side I scoffed at because of my crazy glass half full optimism ... watching on tv I was so sure we were shot ducks at half time that I was too depressed to even watch the 2nd half!
Eventually half an hour later I watched the 2nd half and I was shocked (pleasantly!)

I'll give credit to Seibold for whatever he said at halftime, and also to Lawton whose great run set the tone for the 2nd half. And then obviously to all the players, they bought in and didn't give an inch.
Personally I think things like 'resilience' are very much tied in to confidence and momentum, but either way, may it continue to build!
Your becoming a pest now - show me 1 post where I have a low opinion of the side.
I have simply stated we usually fall away in an arm wrestle in the tougher games and this entire thread was to appreciate the absolute "resillience" shown by the Seaeagles on Sunday, so why pollute it with this type of rubbish.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Your becoming a pest now - show me 1 post where I have a low opinion of the side.
I have simply stated we usually fall away in an arm wrestle in the tougher games and this entire thread was to appreciate the absolute "resillience" shown by the Seaeagles on Sunday, so why pollute it with this type of rubbish.
Oh I forget the conversation so sorry about that, might have been thinking of someone else! 🤷‍♂️

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Oh I forget the conversation so sorry about that, might have been thinking of someone else! 🤷‍♂️
Maybe you were, but being 1 week ago I remember.
My other post was an opinion Manly only really stood up against adversity in the game against Melbourne.
You felt because Manly had beaten Penrith and Roosters, those game were also in that same "resilience" bracket and though I felt they were great wins, the way Manly defended their line against Melbourne set that game apart.
Anyways no problem there as it's only an opinion, but to say I have a "low opinion" of Manly is straight BS, so I don't appreciate you selling your odd opinion.
Also Ryan is 1 of if not the most passionate Manly supporter on here....he may have high expectations and show extra emotion, but that does not equal a low opinion.

Ryan

Journey Man

What are.you dribbling about ? I get literally howled down for some of my high opinions on some of our players (Arthur / Humphreys / Hoppa / Bullemor / Paulo as some examples). **** you can cherry pick, to drive an agenda.

Secondly, we are .500. Likely to lose this weekend . We've been hovering from .400 - .500 for two years now. We've also averaged 10th-11th (depending on if you round up / down) for the past 10 years including this one.

I'm sorry if I want change / improvement and/or success for us. In my view it isn't coaching, because we've had every different type over that span (homegrown, experienced, young, analytical, passionate, disciplined, defensive etc etc etc) and none of them have worked.

So yes, maybe it's something different. Shock / horror it MAY be the players. But is it their fault? I don't think so - they are who they are, they are built how they are built.

As I keep saying over and over, it's the shoddy recruitment and retention. A team who's now paying 200k+ to a player for THREE years due to their ineptitude. They should all be immediately sacked. We are.top heavy, with injury prone, ageing, slowing players that don't add the value other teams marquee players do. We are very thin in certain areas (forwards). Our policy is to acquire unwanted, discarded, can't crack first grade players, or players getting substantial downgrades at other clubs).

I can't be fake and celebrate that.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sheesh chill you guys, I must not have expressed myself very clearly.
I wasn't having a go at anyone, more the opposite. Previously I had disagreed to judgments such as the team was soft and folds in an arm wrestle (which I just checked, that one was you!).
This morning I felt in fairness I should admit that half way through the Saints game, I - me - myself - had all but given up on them!

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I wasn't having a go at anyone, more the opposite. Previously I had disagreed to judgments such as the team was soft and folds in an arm wrestle (which I just checked, that one was you!).
This morning I felt in fairness I should admit that half way through the Saints game, I - me - myself - had all but given up on them!
I'm as chilled as a Snowman dude, just don't appreciate what you implied and gave my reasons.

Ryan

Journey Man

I'm chilled.

Just annoying that people label me all encompassing negative, which is absolute crap and agenda driven. What's frustrating is all the numbuts here are free to bag the crap out of who THEY believe is the whipping boy at the time (Morgan Harper for example) and it's open season, but if you critique a player they LIKE, you're labelled negative. Just complete stupidity & hypocrisy.

Secondly, the team IS soft. We are injury prone. We haven't kept a team to 10 or less since APRIL, guess what, not of this year, but LAST year - that's soft by anyone's imagination !!!

It is what it is.

But that doesn't discount the courageous, amazing, backs against the wall effort and intensity against The Dragons. I'm up to my 3rd viewing already.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18