We really haven't adapted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont think with all the variables you can slate all this home to coaching.

Even aside from our current injuries, no coach can turn a team if the team is filled with apathy due to a tsunami of reasons. Discontent, club politics, players leaving, breakup of long term squad, media circus, etc etc. The players have a fair degree of responsibility in this and no coach can overcome players whos will isnt focused on winning matches.

If you were a coach how do you turn that around ? Noone here really has a believable answer to that.

Besides, Toovey had the team playing well prior to the current debacle so its more than a stretch to claim this teams performance so far this year on poor coaching.
With the rule changes the most important part of the game is fast play the balls and a constant rotation of players hitting the ball up. There needs organisation and urgency. The dummy half needs to take 2-3 steps so that the forward is hitting the line with momentum and it keeps the line guessing. Right now I forward gets the ball 2m behind the play the ball and we're getting caught after 5m. The defensive line is getting up on us early. We need Matt to stop playing like an old school hooker and start moving and getting the d backpedalling. Cherry does it quite well from time to time but it needs to happen regularly to get momentum through the set. Thomas luelaei did it really well for the Warriors today and they were making 60m a set.

With the rule changes the most important part of the game is fast play the balls and a constant rotation of players hitting the ball up.

Ala the roosters and I dont disagree. But that has missed the point I was making.

The players dont seem to want to entertain a simple wrap around movement of late because of all the other stuff going on. No coach can get 2 sets of quality footy, let alone 80 mins, if the playing group is shot in the head.

Penrith have more injuries than us but still belted us

Wrong, we have more injuries than Penrith.

Their site lists Whare, Lewis Brown, Wallace, Soward, Murdoch-Masilla, Moss.

We're missing Snake, Killer, Lawrence, Starling, Taufua, Gutherson, Mateo.

I hate to say this because I am a fan of his, but other than his usual job being one of the top tacklers out there, Matt Ballin had a very quiet game from dummy half. Zero hit ups and I can only remember him running once from dummy half the entire game.

It was one of the reasons our attack seemed predictable.

We seem very slow in getting of the tackled player. Right from the first set. We almost always give a penelty away.and every time we ping a team down there end im just holding my breath praying theres no hold down penelty.

F@#$ off with blaming the coach.We have two prima donna halves who don't want to be there & are not going to put their body on the line ,(therefore we have no-one controlling our game).We have a bunch of injuries to key players..
Open your eyes muppets......

If Hodges doesn't get a run this week that will do me. As Lurker said our ruck is a joke in terms of speed and creativity and Ballin is now just a tackling machine. it is so obvious and has been all year.What have we got to lose now. He may not be up to it but let's find out. this is a year you can learn a lot about your young players.

Only took six ****ing penalties in a row to get them up. We were disappointing in patches but put in a real effort.
For that entire second half their players lied all over us and nothing, late in the game it was bordering on insanity, yet nothing.
I'm very proud of our boys for the most part, much better.
Patches? Last 14 Games more like.

If Hodges doesn't get a run this week that will do me. As Lurker said our ruck is a joke in terms of speed and creativity and Ballin is now just a tackling machine. it is so obvious and has been all year.What have we got to lose now. He may not be up to it but let's find out. this is a year you can learn a lot about your young players.
We have to try something. Doing nothing is not an option.

What do you mean ?,He made 3 metres in his one run this week.

Some think this is all tooveys fault for the crap they are dishing up .yes anyone including ray Charles could of coached manly the last decade with the sides they have had but u find me a coach that can fix this mess overnight well it won't happen . Toovey will be made the scapegoat out of all this and no other coach will come with his fight and passion . The sooner kelly and Co realize this the better we will be . These spoilt little princesses that don't show tooves respect is where a lot of the problem lies .Imo. Cheers.

F@#$ off with blaming the coach.We have two prima donna halves who don't want to be there & are not going to put their body on the line ,(therefore we have no-one controlling our game).We have a bunch of injuries to key players..
Open your eyes muppets......
You're the muppet. I think you're using the halves as an excuse for poor coaching. Love toovey as a player but he isn't turning rocks into diamonds he's just throwing them. I am not even talking about once we're in field position. I'm talking about the act of getting into field position we can't make 50m a set and are getting pinned. We don't seem to have a system of moving the ball and rotating hit ups. Look at penrith. They don't have an outstanding pack and they were chewing metres because segeyaro takes the line on and delivers the ball to poke blokes through the line. They then get up to play the ball with our blokes behind them and we give away penalties. We did it to ourselves last night. Either Matty is electing not to run or he's not being told to run. Either way it's a problem. If he's electing not to Tooves should be recognizing we need to. Segeyaro made their pack look like world beaters. We're getting torn apart by hookers. Blind Freddy could tell you after watching our games that we're being left behind as other teams adapt

uqUDwak.jpg

You're the muppet. I think you're using the halves as an excuse for poor coaching. Love toovey as a player but he isn't turning rocks into diamonds he's just throwing them. I am not even talking about once we're in field position. I'm talking about the act of getting into field position we can't make 50m a set and are getting pinned. We don't seem to have a system of moving the ball and rotating hit ups. Look at penrith. They don't have an outstanding pack and they were chewing metres because segeyaro takes the line on and delivers the ball to poke blokes through the line. They then get up to play the ball with our blokes behind them and we give away penalties. We did it to ourselves last night. Either Matty is electing not to run or he's not being told to run. Either way it's a problem. If he's electing not to Tooves should be recognizing we need to. Segeyaro made their pack look like world beaters. We're getting torn apart by hookers. Blind Freddy could tell you after watching our games that we're being left behind as other teams adapt

So you don't think all the injuries & the 2 lacklustre halves are the problem.
Yet the same team with the same coach were not doing this for 3/4 of the season last year ??
Our attack in the first 10 rounds last year was some of the best line running Iv'e seen from this team.

So who do you suggest is a better coach with as much passion as Tooves?
Brown, Barrett... Or even worse still maybe Jack Elsegood??

So you don't think all the injuries & the 2 lacklustre halves are the problem.
Yet the same team with the same coach were not doing this for 3/4 of the season last year ??
Our attack in the first 10 rounds last year was some of the best line running Iv'e seen from this team.
You are overlooking the changed ruck interpretation which is what I'm referring to. More two man tackles and quicker release. But we're still hanging on

So who do you suggest is a better coach with as much passion as Tooves?
Brown, Barrett... Or even worse still maybe Jack Elsegood??
I'm not suggesting a replacement. Maybe Tooves needs more help. I'm just making an observation that tactically we don't seem to have adapted very well. And if you think we have then you have rocks for brains and have probably been watching the wiggles thinking it was a footy game

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7