We need to win now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the time is now to go for the jugular and bring home the first silverware seen in the Peninsula in a decade. We've seen what Penrith and Wests have done in the past two years, and I can't see any reason why we can't do something similar, albeit I do admit we have less talent than these two in their respective winning seasons. It doesn't matter. We have a pack that can match it with anyone on their day (with the best backrow in the game), and a backline featuring three world-class players, and others with alot to prove. A combination of discipline, creativity, self-confidence and maximum effort can do the trick. I want to see us out-enthuse every opponent this year, and leave nothing at the gate - surely we want it more than everyone else. The trick is to get everything right so that talent can see us win - this means that our discipline, fitness, tackling, set moves, and ball support has to be better than every other team. Alot of this comes down to the coaching staff. It's time for Des to excel and deliver the goods. I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't think we could do it, but I think we can. We saw how a couple of losses that we should have won cost us a top 4 place. We need to win whilst we are in our 3 yr or so window. I'm pumped!

Mate:-

Steven Bell, Matt Orford, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Steve Menzies & Ben Kennedy is a pretty good nucleus...and shows we DO have the talent !!!

No excuses this year.

This time last year Wheel and I both tipped the Tigers for the spoon ... based on their trial capitulation to Manly.

The first comp is about making the semis in decent shape and the second one is then doing something when you get there. Injuries, confidence and form will have a big say in what happens.

Last year who would have guessed that Roosters, Dogs and Panthers would all miss the semis?

Finishing the season as strong as we start it is important too. Last year we were sitting ducks heading into the Parra game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4