We need at least one impact forward!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
We need an impact forward. Mason is the closest thing we have, so it's really not hard to see why our forwards get belted by the likes of the Roosters. We have signed some good forwards for next year but again none that can bend the line if we can't do a deal with another club or find some undiscovered superstar, I really can't see us seriously challenging next year.

While I agree reduced interchange may reduce the effectiveness of these players to a certain degree, I think that our team is uniquely placed to accommodate a couple of big boppers as Jake, Myles, Lawrence (if he recovers to full form), Buhrer, Brown and Mateo can all punch out big minutes. Reduced interchange and tired forwards should mean Parcell will be deadly coming off the bench but he does need some quick play the balls to operate with, none of the forwards we have at the moment can provide this, if we can get one or two who can bend the line, that's how the "roll on" starts.

Matagi was the best target that I could see but since he has signed with Penrith yesterday, I'm scratching my head trying to find someone to fill this void, only other people I can think of are Raymond Faitaler-Mariner and Ukuma Ta'ai but I'm not sure they are up to the standard we require, especially Ta'ai who is a monster but is more rocks than diamonds. Unless we can do an astute deal with another club to pick up someone like Sam Moa or Sam Kasiano I think the only solution is to give the tank Demetriou a run, what's everyone's thoughts on this team, and can you think of any signings targets? Should we just give Mase another year and focus on getting a big name in 2017, or are we still holding out hope of a Miracle Sam Burgess signing?

Trbojevic
Koroisau
Myles
Mateo
Buhrer
Demetriou/Brown

Parcell
Brown/Demetriou
Lawrence
Lussick
Docker

Genius. There are oodles of threads and hundreds of posts saying this very thing over at least the last two years. They increased in frequency when we lost Smokin Joe, Richie Faoso. King was on the decline, and Tooves took a dislike to Georgie Porgey. Throw in the losses of Gifty, Kite, and replace them with . . BJ, et al, and this need has become desperation. Nate Myles will have to crank up his fitness and enthusiasm to even partially fill this gap. Must retain Willy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6