We have tied up a top four position no matter what happens

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
So the question is do we now rest players? No matter what series of results happen we cannot drop out of the top 4 nor can we go any higher than 3rd. Which would not give us much more than we have at the moment.

I'd hate to see someone get a season ending injury for what are effectively no-win no-lose games.

Do we rest half the team next week and the other half in the final round and hit the playoffs fresh?

Or do we rest our first grade squad next week and let them freshen up bit? Give them a run against the Panthers ready for the finals either against Souths or Roosters?

Not saying it is likely, but Manly haven't secured a Top 4 spot yet.

If Sharks win all 3 games including tonight vs Roosters, while Manly lose to Storm & Panthers, then Manly slip to 5th.

Sharks play Roosters (home), Cows (home) & Raiders (away).

Not quite correct. If the sharks win their last 3 games and manly lose the last two, Manly can drop to 5th.
If manly win the last two and the storm lose the last two manly can jump to 3rd. Manly can even jump to 3rd just by winning against the storm if they make up 21 points differential.

Brissie Kid said:
Not saying it is likely, but Manly haven't secured a Top 4 spot yet.

If Sharks win all 3 games including tonight vs Roosters, while Manly lose to Storm & Panthers, then Manly slip to 5th.

Sharks play Roosters (home), Cows (home) & Raiders (away).

Jinx

Have we? I thought if the Sharks beat the Roosters tonight and then won their final two games they could take our spot (if and only if we lost both our final two games).
In any case, we shouldn't be resting anybody against the Storm. We still need to make a statement against a top four team, and belting the cumulonimbus out of the Storm at Brookie is just too good an opportunity to pass up.

If the roosters beat the sharks tonight - we cannot be beaten for 4th spot...even if we lose both our games to storm and penrith.

If the roosters beat the sharks tonight..i would be resting players 100%...TBH i think we wont see 3 or 4 players turning out against the storm, and a final " captains run - no pressure " hit out with full squad against the 'riff to finish off the regular season.......great chance to work on some areas in defence and attack esp. vs the storm.

I am on the fence in regard to resting players, It would be great to give some guys a rest for niggling injuries etc but building momentum at this time of year is important. And a win against the Storm would be great for confidence as it would be our first win over a team above us on the ladder.

Go full steam at the Storm first. Is big Red back this week? So Hasson or Gower to drop off bench, and Kite and Snake back no doubt so there is three players "rested".

our side is experienced enough not to require momentum. They know what they need to do. Especially Brett. If he has any doubt.. do not risk him the next two weeks.

If we rest players and end up getting clobbered by the Storm, the players confidence will go right down. Play full strength if possible this week, and rest players against Panthers.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Have we? I thought if the Sharks beat the Roosters tonight and then won their final two games they could take our spot (if and only if we lost both our final two games).
In any case, we shouldn't be resting anybody against the Storm. We still need to make a statement against a top four team, and belting the cumulonimbus out of the Storm at Brookie is just too good an opportunity to pass up.
cumulonimbus = gold

i wouldn't be resting more than 1 or 2 at a time, and even then only if there are niggling injuries to them that a week off would assist. I would be giving the bench some longer minutes though

Resting players would be good, but that could mean getting clobbered on Saturday which isn't much of a confidence booster considering we haven't beaten a team above us yet.

I'd only be resting players that have a niggle and a weeks rest is actually going to be a benefit (ie get them from say 85 to 95% fit). Otherwise I agree, we need momentum coming into the finals.

Snake needs to be rested, as does Choc. Wouldn't mind giving Lyon a week off as well, and even Skivi.

Bugger it, lets just give the scum the points, and we all head to Byron for a surf with the boys!

I just remember last year we went in against Melbourne carrying a lot of injuries. And it showed.

I would have rested the entire team went back to 5th and then won against Brisbane.

Anyway folks I did not calculate the Roosters Sharks game I just hate Monday night footy.

whether we rest players or not , thats the coaches decision based on the well being of the players that may need it...

im more worried about the penalty counts we continue to lose... i know we not are the officials favourites but we lose more penalty counts then we win...

come the semis we cant be losing penalty counts 10-4 , no matter how good we are , in 80mins of footy it will catch up with you..

IMO our discipline needs work.. the officials dont need much to go against us.

No, we need to go into the finals with momentum. I feel we need to beat the Storm next week to go into the finals with confidence that we can beat a top 4 team.

panash said:
whether we rest players or not , thats the coaches decision based on the well being of the players that may need it...

im more worried about the penalty counts we continue to lose... i know we not are the officials favourites but we lose more penalty counts then we win...

come the semis we cant be losing penalty counts 10-4 , no matter how good we are , in 80mins of footy it will catch up with you..

IMO our discipline needs work.. the officials dont need much to go against us.

Tinfoil hat stuff in regards to the penalties, but will toss it out there regardless

Is it an easier look for the NRL if we don't win the comp, throw the Sharks in that as well, while this ASADA thing is ongoing and results not out until post grand final. If so we can expect plenty more penalties against us

There will be no resting players. We have to give it to the Storm with all guns blazing. The Sharks have just confirmed that and its only half time BUT we need to play the Rorters in the first week of the finals and I think they will be 2nd which means we need 3rd.

Now the Storm game means a lot. It's game on you purple scumbags.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6