We have been through much worse than this.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

seaeagles4life

Reserve Grader
If Foran really is gone, we have lost 4 great players over the past 9 months. No doubt it is a MASSIVE loss but seriously all the success we have had over the last ten years must have gone to most of your heads it is by far not the end of any sort of future success for Manly!

The Salary Cap has always meant that eventually our success would lead to players becoming more expensive and in demand. Some retire, some leave for more money and some just leave in general but those who remain have and will always do a good job for us.

Jeez I remember days when we could only put names on a team list sheet that included the likes of Gary Winter and Jason Ferris. I stuck with Manly back then and I am unwavering now. I support Manly the greatest team of all and come hell or high water I will be there again on the hill supporting my team. The wrong thing to do would be to turn your backs on the team for the sake of a couple young (albeit very talented) players moving on.
I can be angry about the way it was handled but I am more disappointed in people responding with statements that they are giving up on the team this year or handing in their memberships when this is a time the club and players need our support the most.

#WeAreManly and on Saturday I will be there reminding Storm of that.

Look it wil be ok, if we can get some youngsters around snake, matty b, stevie and killer all will be good. Rebuild is a good thing we have done it quicker than most in the past bar the NE farce.
Recruitment need to target some established stars and emerging kids plus our own best kids coming through.
If elgy pay overs, then look at a tom burgess or jeremy smith, superleague likes of jeff lima, zeb taia, Looks for best emerging kids at other clubs raid a few kids from roosters, eels and dogs juniors. While also blooding tom and jake t, ligi sao.
Todd carney option but i just don't know, how many chances..it will be ok but everyone needs to be on same page inc coach and ceo.

We didn't lose all those players because of ours success. We settled on a contingency to move forward and then that contingency fell through too. Poor communication, poor management, poor negotiation

We have erred' and by erred I mean something much worse.

It is a dark day and by extension, dark times. I summed up my feelings in the sack Kelly thread.

Yes I was at the game, definitely one to forget. Pre-game the players were appreciative of the away support they received but it certainly didn't translate to their performance.
Let's hope we turn it around on Sat night

We didn't lose all those players because of ours success. We settled on a contingency to move forward and then that contingency fell through too. Poor communication, poor management, poor negotiation

We have erred' and by erred I mean something much worse.

It is a dark day and by extension, dark times. I summed up my feelings in the sack Kelly thread.

Realistically what type of team could we assemble in 2016 and beyond if we matched the offers that Eels and Titans have for both players. 2-2.4 mil for 2 players in a squad of 25. Would it be worth it then to turn around to players like say Matt Ballin and go we wanted to re-sign you but we have no room in the cap left now. Their decisions are a week apart and a bit rich to provide the remaining player in Foran a "best offer" of $X.00 and then revise it up $200-300k because DCE decided to leave.

It's the immediacy of social media that makes the impact a little harder. Over previous lean times you'd only chat with workmates, family or close friends about these things, and not hear from opposition supporters via choice.

Now.. Well you're tagged in FB statuses, blasted with 24/7 news updates yada yada... Log on here and it's panic stations. It's a very immediate and sudden glut of painful information..

Only time we have been worse (was merger yes worse) and when Bozo (arguably) left other than that I cannot think of another time in my supporting the club that we have had 2 such high profile walkouts of players with arguably best football in front of them. Can't sugar coat it this is a bitter pill 2 swallow.

We fans and members have been through what I term the perfect storm. A storm that has devastated our club and rocked it to its core. A storm that has been built and energised by horrible communication, dysfunction, bloody minded arrogance and the end result is what was built over a decade has fallen over and it has also destroyed our immediate legacy.

The club must start again and flush out the dickheads and have players and officials who put the club first.

It's the immediacy of social media that makes the impact a little harder. Over previous lean times you'd only chat with workmates, family or close friends about these things, and not hear from opposition supporters via choice.

Now.. Well you're tagged in FB statuses, blasted with 24/7 news updates yada yada... Log on here and it's panic stations. It's a very immediate and sudden glut of painful information..

Very true, although we did have a forum back in the Beagles days.

Today it's just wall to wall, my Facebook, Twitter and here are full of doom and gloom!!

Very true, although we did have a forum back in the Beagles days.

Today it's just wall to wall, my Facebook, Twitter and here are full of doom and gloom!!

Heh in the Beagles' days i was a touch more focused on fast cars and loose women.. Then I met my wife!!

Finally, it's settled and we can move on. I'm sure we'll make good use of the 2 Million to rebuild the next great era.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4