We deserve an apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I must say I find Des's statement about all that has transpired in regard to his contract a lot more plausible than the heresays and innuendo coming from our board and Penn. Has Perry even made a statement at all during this??? Isn't he our COO. I cant help but think most of the fault lies with the Manly board here. They assumed Des would never go anywhere so they left him to hang till the season finished to see whether we would win or not. They then thought if we failed they were justified in not upgrading him and if we won they might try and find a bit more money for him. Des then went well f**k you lot I'm going into the market to see how much I can get elsewhere and who could blame him. Now it has snowballed into the biggest fiasco I have ever seen and lifelong friendships have been torn apart. This whole episode has been an utter disgrace and everyone involved needs to publicly apologise to the players, sponsors and supporters of this club. None of us deserved to have this s**t served up to us after such a fantastic G.F win and somebody needs to be accountable to the massive damage that has been done to the Sea Eagles brand.

mickqld said:
I must say I find Des's statement about all that has transpired in regard to his contract a lot more plausible than the heresays and innuendo coming from our board and Penn. Has Perry even made a statement at all during this??? Isn't he our COO. I cant help but think most of the fault lies with the Manly board here. They assumed Des would never go anywhere so they left him to hang till the season finished to see whether we would win or not. They then thought if we failed they were justified in not upgrading him and if we won they might try and find a bit more money for him. Des then went well f**k you lot I'm going into the market to see how much I can get elsewhere and who could blame him. Now it has snowballed into the biggest fiasco I have ever seen and lifelong friendships have been torn apart. This whole episode has been an utter disgrace and everyone involved needs to publicly apologise to the players, sponsors and supporters of this club. None of us deserved to have this s**t served up to us after such a fantastic G.F win and somebody needs to be accountable to the massive damage that has been done to the Sea Eagles brand.
Brilliant post mickqld. I will say this. I don't think Des is squeaky clean in all this. Can't assume that.

No I dont think Des is squeaky clean in this either. Why didnt he come out 6 months ago and say if you dont offer me something I'm gona look elsewhere. Des has not given the sponsors and supporters the due respect we deserve either. The players knew he was going, Killer let it slip before the G.F. We could have sent him out a winner if he had the decency like Bennett or Cleary to come clean. I dont begrudge him going elsewhere for more money so would I. It's just all the deception and unnecessary bitterness involved that is the problem

We can't even get a thanks for your support out him. If you thank a pig for not ****ting on your lawn, atleast the ****ing thing will grunt back an acknowledgment.

mozgrame said:
We can't even get a thanks for your support out him. If you thank a pig for not ****ting on your lawn, atleast the f**king thing will grunt back an acknowledgment.

lol

In investing circles they say past performance is not an indicator of future results. I believe the board was wise to hold tight and see how we went this year, let's face it '09 and '10 while not awful we're below expectations.

This statement also silences the trite response from some members on this board that repeat ad nauseum "2 premierships and 3 GFs" (one of which was a terrible display). You can't make that claim any longer as it is evident the second GF wasn't in the equation. What if we locked him down for another 3 or 4 years and we went out the backdoor in the finals, many would be screaming that the board was stupid to lock in a coach long term who has failed since the '08 GF.

Sound business judgement was exercised, but unfortunately patience was not a strong point for Des, so it would seem. Negotiating a new contract 18 months prior to the expiration of the current one is highly unusual.....

Mick, as i have said there are 3 partys to blame here. Which is the bigger crime though? The board dicking Des around or what Des has done since?

Why was Des so quick to sign with dogs, surely after the GF win he would have known he could just about name his price. He had an option in his favour for 2012.

My understandings is that our bigger offer came after the GF win but it seems he'd already signed with the dogs.

mozgrame said:
We can't even get a thanks for your support out him. If you thank a pig for not ****ting on your lawn, atleast the f**king thing will grunt back an acknowledgment.

Never had a pig **** on my lawn, come to think of it I havent seen a pig for a while

mickqld said:
+1

hopefully our brand can start repairing fairly quickly now

Berkeley_Eagle said:
mozgrame said:

Never had a pig s**t on my lawn, come to think of it I havent seen a pig for a while

Go for a drive to Belmore.

I agree Julia def needs to give us an apology for that Carbon Tax ****!!

In all seriousness...to the board we are customers.
In Des's eye's.....we are nothing

Neither will apologise, and as is always the case those that feel like they have been stabbed in the heart will again be left on the sidelines...like we always are!!

swoop said:
Why was Des so quick to sign with dogs, surely after the GF win he would have known he could just about name his price. He had an option in his favour for 2012.

My understandings is that our bigger offer came after the GF win but it seems he'd already signed with the dogs.

My feelings too. Why worry about a new contract when you still had 18-months to serve on the current one?

Mark, don't be concerned with the carbon tax however I would demand an apology from Tony Abbott for not supporting a revamp of Brookvale when they were in office. When Howard and Costello were throwing money at the Goons and Gummies, we got nothing out of our local member. Des didn't help with his rant at the NSW parliamentarians. A bit to much contempt in his head perhaps.

Pity Des didn't go public with this moan until now.

If he'd done it about July every Manly fan would have got behind him and demanded from the club everything he wanted.

voicefromthehill said:
In investing circles they say past performance is not an indicator of future results. I believe the board was wise to hold tight and see how we went this year, let's face it '09 and '10 while not awful we're below expectations.

This statement also silences the trite response from some members on this board that repeat ad nauseum "2 premierships and 3 GFs" (one of which was a terrible display). You can't make that claim any longer as it is evident the second GF wasn't in the equation. What if we locked him down for another 3 or 4 years and we went out the backdoor in the finals, many would be screaming that the board was stupid to lock in a coach long term who has failed since the '08 GF.

Sound business judgement was exercised, but unfortunately patience was not a strong point for Des, so it would seem. Negotiating a new contract 18 months prior to the expiration of the current one is highly unusual.....

This...

DSM5 said:
Mark, don't be concerned with the carbon tax however I would demand an apology from Tony Abbott for not supporting a revamp of Brookvale when they were in office. When Howard and Costello were throwing money at the Goons and Gummies, we got nothing out of our local member. Des didn't help with his rant at the NSW parliamentarians. A bit to much contempt in his head perhaps.

Good call that. He was a senior minister for at least half of Howard's regime.

I'm sorry too. For not having $100 instead of $50 as my annual bet at the start of the year @ $21 that would have been $2100 rather than $1050

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6