We definately won't be getting Famuina

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

New Zealand international Sione Faumuina has joined Harlequins RL from New Zealand Warriors on a three-year deal.

The 25-year-old back-row forward, who made three appearances in a short-term stint with Hull FC last season, was denied the chance to make his 100th appearance in the NRL after breaking his wrist toward the end of the season.

"Sione is a very talented player and he has a proven ability to break the line," said Harlequins coach Brian McDermott.

"I think he can make a very positive contribution to Quins and Super League.

"As well as back row he has been very effective at both stand-off and centre and I think this addition is another indication that we are preparing to have a very good season in 2007."

Faumuina made 11 appearances for Canberra in 2001 before joining the Warriors in 2002 and went on to score 138 points in 88 matches from 18 tries and 33 goals.

"I am delighted to be joining what I know to be a very professional organisation," he said.

"I see this as a chance for me to improve my own game and to help the Harlequins club.

"I've had good talks with Mac and I like the way he approaches the game. I think I can make a very positive contribution to Quins and to Super League.

"The injury has healed well and I will be able to resume full training in a couple of weeks."

Sad we didn't try for this guy, however I was talking to some people from nz who told me he had a few problems with the liquid made from the hop.

he would have been a negative influence on younger players like Burns and Watmough, to big a gamble imo and we made the correct decision not to sign him.

I have had a theory that beacuase we have been very quiet on the recruitment front that BK may have been talked into going around again (perhaps off the bench). I think Mellonhead said it may be on the cards as well. The talk of him opening fruit shops in Brisbane would seem to put paid to that though.

He doesn't have to be at the fruit shop for people to buy fruit. I would kill any one of you ( ok, that's a bit harsh ) if it meant BK would play next year - even if only 60-70% of games or use him off the bench. But I can't see BK doing things by halves - and he said something like he's not up for the flogging at offseason training anymore.

He doesn't have to be at the fruit shop for people to buy fruit. I would kill any one of you

Memo to North Sydney police: be on the lookout for motionless body at the foot of the Optus building cnr Pacific Hwy and Miller Sts and an assailant with a bloodied Sea Eagles bandana.

Sad we didn't try for this guy, however I was talking to some people from nz who told me he had a few problems with the liquid made from the hop.

FFS ..which is it, you want him or dont want him....you carried on like a pork chop about admin not going after him, citing a bit of grog was no harm.

BK is moving North next week with his whole family. His body has said that enough is enough. Manly have tried to change his mind but he is gonnssskiiii.

Get used to it.

I am hoping that Santa has some little (or huge and mobile) surprise in his sack for us in the next few months.

A huge, mobile, line breaking, ball playing, bash em barge em, top off loading, fear engendering, tackling dynamo...............in santas sack ! 8)

I have been hoping for about 2 mths now that he would decide to play off the bench - I think it could rejuvenate him and make him even MORE dangerous. Geez i wish he'd consider.....

Take it easy Jatz. I still think he'd have been a good buy, grog or no grog, so yes I'm a bit perplexed we didn't go after him, like Newcastle went for the cocain kid "I only did it once sir" from NQ. Sign with incentives and conditions. Strong running forwards who can offload were lacking from the side this year (aside from BK) and will be sorely lacking next year. Apart from the maybe he'd influence Whatmough and Burns (Whatmough does it all on his own anyway) argument, there didn't seem to be a rational reason why we wouldn't sign him.

Take it easy Jatz. I still think he'd have been a good buy, grog or no grog, so yes I'm a bit perplexed we didn't go after him, like Newcastle went for the cocain kid \"I only did it once sir\" from NQ. Sign with incentives and conditions. Strong running forwards who can offload were lacking from the side this year (aside from BK) and will be sorely lacking next year. Apart from the maybe he'd influence Whatmough and Burns (Whatmough does it all on his own anyway) argument, there didn't seem to be a rational reason why we wouldn't sign him.

Am all easy here DSM5. Pepople must think im a cranky bastard the way i write sometimes.

Yes, I knew you didnt have a prob with his liquid factor. I would like for him to be here myself if it wasnt for the less than conducive attitude. A few beers never hurt anyone, but attitude that adversely effects teammates would really harm Manly right now i think.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4