we can't win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
......the comp if the refereeing continues like this against us.As much as i hate blaming refs and normally scoff at excuses I am now a fully paid up member of the conspiracy theory(apologies Dan).It is just unbelieveable what is going on.

When Harrigan did have a break from the game to give us all a thankful rest he wrote a column for the Gold Coast Bulletin where he had a running battle with a Manly fan who continued to send him emails about his bias.Harrigan's vitriolic replies to this guy and his outlandish rants about how he hated Manly were a disgrace.There was no attempt to hide it.This combined with Gallops vendetta will have a real effect later on in the big games by the look of it..Whether it is subconcsious or not by the refs it is a disgrace.If you look at Gasniers try last year,Lyon's knock on in Townsville,Merrits flickback,yesterdays strip disgrace-these are unexplainable decisions and there are many not listed.

We have been good enough to win regardless till now but we are not good enough to cop these in big games and win.

Spend the 10k Des quickly before this gets way out of hand.

its already out of hand, par for the course it seems.

Its so bad that opposition fans at work are giving sympathy, thats when you know its a rort

Dont spend the 10k just yet, it will do us better after round 25 or 26 if we get beat and help us into the finals.

Saw bozo fulton driving a cement truck this morning so our problems might be fixed shortly.

A mate of mine know Harrigan very well from their days together in the cops and he says that harrigan is a mad Parra supporter and hates Manly big time.

We are on the rough end of it lately, but its not a conspiracy. Just incompetence. There isn't one group of supporters who doesn't think they get more things go against them then for them.

I bet if you trawled the panfers forums today (assuming they can type...) they would be blowing up about the Lyon try

As masked eagle put it every team feels hard done by. What about the carney pass to anasta?

If we meet melbourne in the GF then its probably best a completely impartial official be in put in charge of that game. Im putting up my hand now.

I'm surprised that the video ref stuff-up wasn't mentioned in the media today. Is it because no-one is surprised any longer with their ineptitude?
The media reports praise Manly for winning against the odds, but that try would have made it a much more comfortable afternoon.

lsz said:
I bet if you trawled the panfers forums today (assuming they can type...) they would be blowing up about the Lyon try

As masked eagle put it every team feels hard done by. What about the carney pass to anasta?

I don't have a problem with the Carney pass so much, mainly because it was called live, and really in normal motion that probably looked forward, it is when they go to the video ref and get it so badly wrong that I have issues.

If they say that Foran knocked it on then every single rake from now on has to be called a knock-on because there would be the same degree of pressure forward on the ball at some point in the contact.

Carney pass was forward and the media is up in arms.

news clubs, rorters and saints get all the sympathy from the media.

How is it that a video ref can rule on a ball going forward, or back - yet not a pass?
The system is totally flawed.

You say we can't win, but against the odds we did so we can in the future. So how about we enjoy the win and move on to next week.

The continual video ref blunders are becoming very frustrating - I expect an admission of guilt every Monday from them after one of our games ( or at least a lame justification for the unjustifiable )

Its a double edged sword - if you just get on with the game and dont worry about it you end up playing better and probably win anyway .... However if you rant at the ref and cop a 10k fine you get the decisions going your way as the squeaky wheel.

Des is so so so due for a major blow up if this video ref garbage keeps up.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Pearso said:
You say we can't win, but against the odds we did so we can in the future. So how about we enjoy the win and move on to next week.

i dont enjoy week in week out ****e that the refs come up with. It takes away the enjoyment of 2 teams playing good footy and the best team winning

The Who said:
How is it that a video ref can rule on a ball going forward, or back - yet not a pass?

Excellent post-short and bang on champ!

These younger refs coming through seem rattled to me-they appear to be intimidated by players with experience, but disrespectful to the lesser names. They panic way too much.
Across the board the refereeing is plain inconsistent!!! They also have a penchant for legging up teams with soft penalties when they fall behind. This happens often with Manly's opponents.
The play the ball area will be a massive problem in the semis, just like Origin.
As for the vieo refs-useless. It always seems like a lottery.

quinny said:
The Who said:

Excellent post-short and bang on champ!

These younger refs coming through seem rattled to me-they appear to be intimidated by players with experience, but disrespectful to the lesser names. They panic way too much.
Across the board the refereeing is plain inconsistent!!! They also have a penchant for legging up teams with soft penalties when they fall behind. This happens often with Manly's opponents.
The play the ball area will be a massive problem in the semis, just like Origin.
As for the vieo refs-useless. It always seems like a lottery.

The other thing about the vid-ref that annoys me is what they look at.You can hear the on field ref ask for what he wants looked at,then the vid ref looks at EVERYTHING.If the onfield ref says he's happy with eg, the put-down,the onside,but wants to check for an obstruction,then thats what the vid ref should do!he should check the runners,and defenders,and if there is obstruction,post "no-try".If not he throws it back to "refs call" and advises him he saw nothing.If it was a dicey put down,then if he calls for the put-down to be checked,that's IT!No going back 40 metres upfield-just check the putdown.The rest is just looking for ways to NOT rule a try!If the on field ref is happy with everything else,he shouldn't be over-ruled.

Masked Eagle said:
We are on the rough end of it lately, but its not a conspiracy. Just incompetence. There isn't one group of supporters who doesn't think they get more things go against them then for them.

Absolutely correct, hate the bad calls but every team has to put up with them!!!

With the way things are panning out, there is a possibility that the tries we haven't been awarded, and the dodgy tries that have been awarded against us, will cost us the minor premiership based on for and against.

If we are equal on points but just behind Melb on for and against at the end of the regular season, then no bull**** "oops we got it wrong" apologies will help us.

Masked Eagle said:

I watched some of the MNF and the Raiders were dudded with decisions that led indirectly to tries. But later there was one that went badly against Illawarra. I am leaning (slightly) to the general incompetence theory instead of the anti-Manly conspiracy theory.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8