We can win this comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MPC75

Reserve Grader
Even without B Stewart and Wolfman, we have the team to win the comp. If we can tighten up our defence we are a big chance. Our attack is looking sharp and with the likes of Watmough, Kite and G Stewart improving, I sense that we could do something special.

The comp is there for the taking with Saints and Penrith dropping back to the field. 

Any one of ten teams could win this comp. We need to lift the intensity and hope for some luck and we are in with a big show.

so do I, Brett would have been the wildcard for the win, we will struggle when we take on a  real pack of forwards, foran did 1-2 decent kicks all game, his grubbers are pretty awful and seem to hit the back fence rolling. Hodko is missing most of the game as glenn does his ball playing for him. With no halfback doing much we will suffer. Farrar is solid but not a match winner, a semi maybe but won't go further. weak bench too!!

If we dont make the top 4 we are no chance - - -we will struggle against the knights and if we lose this game i think the season is over in terms of being a chance to win the comp.

A great 80 minute by all in my opinion, and damn, how good is Kitey going again !!!

I thought today was our best performance since we beat the Dragons in May.  I think all it will take is a little momentum and a top 4 spot, and we can give this comp a real shake.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Andrew McGrath link said:
I thought today was our best performance since we beat the Dragons in May.  I think all it will take is a little momentum and a top 4 spot, and we can give this comp a real shake.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Good call mate.

I'm not the biggest Snake fan his kick returns are too weak and he always ambles towards the defensive line succumbing into the tackle allowing a slow play the ball - - -Modern fullbacks eat up the yards and if Preston can do it Brett should also but its hard to have the balls to run hard and straight into a line of defence honing in to one player.

Great player and almost guarantees a try a game which turns close games into wins and with him we would probably have 2- extra wins. Dont get me wrong i'm a fan but not to the same extent as probably all Manly fans and sometimes his impact is overstated.

Richard link said:
I'm not the biggest Snake fan his kick returns are too weak and he always ambles towards the defensive line succumbing into the tackle allowing a slow play the ball - - -Modern fullbacks eat up the yards and if Preston can do it Brett should also but its hard to have the balls to run hard and straight into a line of defence honing in to one player.

Great player and almost guarantees a try a game which turns close games into wins and with him we would probably have 2- extra wins. Dont get me wrong i'm a fan but not to the same extent as probably all Manly fans and sometimes his impact is overstated.

Methinks you just forget mate. Out of sight, out of mind. When he's back, I'm betting you say, DAAAANG, what a gun !!

See him sitting next to Ox today??

Ryan link said:
A great 80 minute by all in my opinion, and damn, how good is Kitey going again !!!

Yes finally an 80 minute performance. Lets hope the attitude continues because we do have the talent to give this premiership a shake.

Richard link said:
If we dont make the top 4 we are no chance - - -we will struggle against the knights and if we lose this game i think the season is over in terms of being a chance to win the comp.

What makes you think we will struggle against the knights? We will smash them

mickqld link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184275.msg278330#msg278330 date=1280050735]

Yes finally an 80 minute performance. Lets hope the attitude continues because we do have the talent to give this premiership a shake.
[/quote]

Agree re: attitude. We had that fighting spirit / aggression we had in 08 today.....look at Kingy - he looked as though he ate 1,000 angry pills - I loved it....and you wouldn't want top mess with that dude if he's pissed off !!

If we can tighten up the defense, we will be great.

I also note T-Rex isn't being targeted late in games anymore, which is a testament to his improvement in this area.

Richard link said:

Thanks for the educational on post modern play making and not sure where you are from but there was a game today and your team won.

Brett has been out for the season so the rest of us are supporting the team that is left?

Maybe get with the here and now rather than critique Brett's game from the past and be happy with the 2 points we got today?

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Richard link=topic=184275.msg278339#msg278339 date=1280051110]

Thanks for the educational on post modern play making and not sure where you are from but there was a game today and your team won.

Brett has been out for the season so the rest of us are supporting the team that is left?

Maybe get with the here and now rather than critique Brett's game from the past and be happy with the 2 points we got today?
[/quote]

Thanks for the 100% boring lecture where you tell others what to say and how to post.

Richard link said:

I disagree 100%  He is one of the best players/fullbacks in the comp when he is at full fitness. OPEN YOUR EYES MATE.

Richard link said:

How will we struggle against the knights???

First of all i'm replying to one of the comments relating to Wolfman and Snake and all i'm stating is sometimes Snakes contributions and ability are over stated.

Yes great player and guarantees almost a try a game but with Snake being out for the last 2yrs his development as an all round player has been stifled, he would be developing a passing game which Slater has developed and he would offer a second deep ball playing option also.

When he returns it will be same old same old with slightly reduced speed - - -not saying this is bad Brett is a tremendous player but you also got to look at the positive all round play of Farrar and i dont think the loss is as great as people make out.(no replacement though)

Brett has great hole running straight line speed composed under the high ball and sweeps well in defence but he has no step a limited passing game and basic kicking skills and for someone on his pay packet you probably want a little more at this stage of his career(the all round skills would have been factored in as a future development by this stage)

I am thinking of the now but lets not overstate the past either

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4