We are the Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mal Cochrane link said:
Surprised they let you in considering your almost constant bagging of the team?  :D

Nah, MC...As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread I'd had a word with Des to let him know Mata was coming to a game and he was keen to have a word with him to help get things back on track which ws very evident by the result at full time.

Then, The opportunity for Matabele to have a word with the guys in the sheds after the game to let them know their individual and collective shortcomings was just too good an opportunity to pass up.

The way I hear it Des asked Tooves to specifically run over to the Eastern Hill side of the ground to pass the message.

So expect wide scale changes and a resounding win next week south of the border

Luckily the words to the victory song are painted on the wall in the shed or it would have been very Milli Vanilli.....

A friend works for the catering staff and she told me that there was not a single scrap of food left after the event however there was a report that a hamper had to be arranged for a group who were travelling to Dubbo after the game....

DSM.. you crack me up.

Quick question..... IF we make the grand final what is my best hope of getting a GOOD grand final ticket??

Last year I got one the week before (just before we played the warriors) a little bit presumptious but hey we made it and won so I made the right call.

This year IF we make it I wanna go down and get a decent seat... What should I do?

I am a bird of prey (interstate) member.

I believe B O P membership allows you to purchase upto 4 tickets before they go on sale to the public - generally this is the Monday after the final

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=181575.msg239904#msg239904 date=1252158419]
Nice to catch up with Wheel, the Matabele 'tribe', Manlybacker and even to chat with DSM5 - though I didn't get to introduce the two most smited posters on the site as Mr and Mrs Mata had gone when we walked up there. :)
  Sorry about that CW.  We got the call to go into the sheds and couldn't refuse.  Got there just in time to join in with the victory song. 
[/quote]

God damn I love Des Hasler. Seriously, is there anyone more maroon and white than this champion??

Nice picture Mata

Nutzcraw link said:
Quick question..... IF we make the grand final what is my best hope of getting a GOOD grand final ticket??

Last year I got one the week before (just before we played the warriors) a little bit presumptious but hey we made it and won so I made the right call.

This year IF we make it I wanna go down and get a decent seat... What should I do?

Nutz, take my word for it, there are NO good seats at ANZ. If Manly make the GF I can assure that the very best seating is to be with the Manly faithful in GA, I guarantee you that it will be an experience you will never forget.  I am not trying to BS you here mate, ask anyone that has paid top bucks for Cat 1 and ask them what there opinion of those seats were.

You are such a suck Ryan.  Give us a YART for this weekend.  JWH, Cuthbo or some other?

i agree ANZ stadium is a terrible stadium and poor for view and atmosphere. If I ever go again it will be to sit with the faithful but for no other reason

I have been Cat 1 the past 2 years, and am again this year

tbh I don't mind the seats at all, or the stadium, but have only really been there for big games with 50,000+ in attendence

That's a very good reason Dan.  Last GF I sat amongst the Storm U20s and their WAGs high up.  Gave them heaps and they all left early.  I hoped it was me, but I think it was the score.  

DSM5 link said:
You are such a suck Ryan.  Give us a YART for this weekend.  JWH, Cuthbo or some other?

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ben Farrar
15. Jason King
16. George Rose
17. Glenn Hall

I personally think all will be back.
Bailey is a HUGE disappointment.
Le'Strange - ok, but no Ben Farrar.

Do you think Princess will be back?  Ribs can be difficult.  Rodney?  I don't think he'll be there.  Bailey went alright on Saturday I thought.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Is that you Matabele???

If it is funny how you get a picture of someone in your mind and it was nothing like that.
  You were expecting a black fella weren't you?

most seats on the lower level are OK, for the last 2 years we have been behind the tryline at the sth end

Not really Matabele...someone older, and wiser!!

Colour means nothing, you could be green for all I care!!

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=181575.msg240104#msg240104 date=1252313858]

Nutz, take my word for it, there are NO good seats at ANZ. If Manly make the GF I can assure that the very best seating is to be with the Manly faithful in GA, I guarantee you that it will be an experience you will never forget.  I am not trying to BS you here mate, ask anyone that has paid top bucks for Cat 1 and ask them what there opinion of those seats were.
[/quote] I second Pete's sentiments.  I paid a fortune for side on tickets (Cat A) in 2007 and was a million miles from the field.  In 2008 the seats may have been behind the goal posts but they had a better view (the players did not look like ants) and you weren't with the side-on fence sitters who were there just to say they were there. 

Who has the sign "Silvertails and Proud of it"?

it was there on Saturday night, it's a maroon banner with white writing?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4