We are not a club in crisis!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I just wanted to get in ahead of this afternoons game.

I've seen a lot of talk of needing to gut our roster, or write off this year, or that we are miles off the pace of the "top clubs" and I think it is important we all take a step back and breath.

We are one of the top clubs and we are at the beginning of an open premiership window.

We are also a club that has 3 of our spine out and now our No1 (arguably) prop out.

Take CNK, Wighton and Hodgson out of the Raiders then throw in Papali or lose Tedesco, Keary, Friend and JWH and it will have an effect.

Thats not to use it a easy excuse, we have had a few poor performances and it doesnt help that DCE isnt in his best form.

In the context of this season we are now in a tight spot. But regardless of what happens this afternoon or if we fail to make the 8 I think as a whole the future is bright.

Soon our bright youngsters will transition on some our depth players, hopefully we will get some luck with injury and a few of our young forwards will continue to develop.

Right now is a blip, we are still looking good

We need to grind out a few wins till we get some troops back. If we can sneak into the 8 and have a full complement (or close too) we are still in it.

A few ref clangers haven't helped us either

Need DCE and Marty to really step up over the next month

I just wanted to get in ahead of this afternoons game.

I've seen a lot of talk of needing to gut our roster, or write off this year, or that we are miles off the pace of the "top clubs" and I think it is important we all take a step back and breath.

We are one of the top clubs and we are at the beginning of an open premiership window.

We are also a club that has 3 of our spine out and now our No1 (arguably) prop out.

Take CNK, Wighton and Hodgson out of the Raiders then throw in Papali or lose Tedesco, Keary, Friend and JWH and it will have an effect.

Thats not to use it a easy excuse, we have had a few poor performances and it doesnt help that DCE isnt in his best form.

In the context of this season we are now in a tight spot. But regardless of what happens this afternoon or if we fail to make the 8 I think as a whole the future is bright.

Soon our bright youngsters will transition on some our depth players, hopefully we will get some luck with injury and a few of our young forwards will continue to develop.

Right now is a blip, we are still looking good
Yes agree, at full strength we are as good as any.

Depth is our big issue.

Depth is our big issue.

Atm yes but give it 18 months or so when we have Hoppa, Schuster, Haumole, S Fainu possibly even Burbo pushing through.

We are just on a little bridge atm between journyman depth and young talent

Atm yes but give it 18 months or so when we have Hoppa, Schuster, Haumole, S Fainu possibly even Burbo pushing through.

We are just on a little bridge atm between journyman depth and young talent

I sort of agree with that, but just like 2005-2006 when we had youngsters we need to buy in some experience to get us over the line.

Those 3 added were

Kite
Orford
Lyon

We have already got some great Props, and we have one good half and we have a great centre trying to be a 5/8........I think its pretty clear what we need....maybe Cust is the answer, maybe not.

The others you mention will add to other parts of our arsenal.

I don't think we are that far off either. Only one big loss off the back of a torrid game week before in the wet without our best players.

Looking at the current ladder, if we got the win against Newcastle even without our best side which we should have, plus the win against Parra, we would and should be playing lowly ranked st George to go to 14 points! Equal First!

Depth is our big issue.
No doubt at full strength we can match anyone but guess the disappointing thing in regard to depth that guys like Levi , Elliot , Croker and Cust can be quite competitive and up to i st grade standard , just their consistency which then seems to effect the rest of the side "s cohesion . Though Cust has certainly shown some spark in recent outings and Keppie has done well . if things don:t improve in the next couple of weeks, definitely may be time to look seriously at Schuster and young Hoppa

I sort of agree with that, but just like 2005-2006 when we had youngsters we need to buy in some experience to get us over the line.

Those 3 added were

Kite
Orford
Lyon

We have already got some great Props, and we have one good half and we have a great centre trying to be a 5/8........I think its pretty clear what we need....maybe Cust is the answer, maybe not.

The others you mention will add to other parts of our arsenal.

We neededexperience and quality back then.

I personally think we have plenty of experience now with Marty, DCE, Sirro, Jake, Turbo etc

5/8 is a different issue and IMO if we see Schuster as a long term 5/8 option then no point signing someone to block that pathway. If we see him as an edge backrower then that is another matter

Yeah it's really unfortunate that atm as a club if a few of our big names go out for long periods our chances of any real premiership success basically go out the window. That said, I am still looking forward to each and every game and quite frankly just want to see some tangible improvement. By that I mean playing with more intensity, high completion rates, great kicking game, repeat sets etc. Just really smart football that indicates a team is well coached and disciplined. If we can manage that despite our injuries the comp is so close that we are still a decent chance of making the finals and if we have everyone on board then, who knows. Go Manly

We neededexperience and quality back then.

I personally think we have plenty of experience now with Marty, DCE, Sirro, Jake, Turbo etc

5/8 is a different issue and IMO if we see Schuster as a long term 5/8 option then no point signing someone to block that pathway. If we see him as an edge backrower then that is another matter
AND, I wonder if that is in fact why we have signed Cust for 2 more years

Cust to 5/8
Schuster to replace Thommo

Yeah it's really unfortunate that atm as a club if a few of our big names go out for long periods our chances of any real premiership success basically go out the window. That said, I am still looking forward to each and every game and quite frankly just want to see some tangible improvement. By that I mean playing with more intensity, high completion rates, great kicking game, repeat sets etc. Just really smart football that indicates a team is well coached and disciplined. If we can manage that despite our injuries the comp is so close that we are still a decent chance of making the finals and if we have everyone on board then, who knows. Go Manly
And lets not forget those at the very top haven't suffered a season ending injury to a top player yet, although the Raiders looked to have lost their 9 yesterday.

In a year if you have the young potential translate into 1st graders you have a backline of
Tom
Hoppa Jr
Suli
Walker
Taufua
Schuster
DCE.
That can be a premiership backline.
Agree BUT I think we could do with a tall winger in there instead of Horhay

In a year if you have the young potential translate into 1st graders you have a backline of
Tom
Hoppa Jr
Suli
Walker
Taufua
Schuster
DCE.
We could have that backline this year if Des would pick them!
(well, for the last few rounds at least when Turbo returns)

Tom
Hoppa Jr
Suli
Walker
Taufua
Schuster
DCE.

Glad you think that. I have rarely seen Schuster or Hoppa play, so cant comment.

Of the rest only Tom would of made the Roosters 2019 GF side and that would not of been as fullback.

DCE will be 32 before next years season starts. Do we have some ready to go as a 7?

I think most teams are so far from The Roosters that it isnt funny. Saying that, the tide can turn rapidly.

18 months ago I was 100% confident Jake and Tom would see us win a premiership, now i am not so sure, maybe even see it as unlikely. Tom has become injury prone and Jake is now just a battering ram and tackling machine like Josh Jackosn at the Dogs. What a shame.

Ben will need to produce, along with Hoppa and Schuster. Plus smart recruiting with purchases likes Kite, Kennedy, Orford, Bell, Wolfman etch etc

Its a long hard road that need lots of luck to see victory on GF day.

The best thing is todays result means nothing, nor does the next week nor the next. Its the culmination of all weeks. Week in week out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4