We are in a win win situation.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lets talk the truth our amazing coaches game plan and entire season fall apart when one player get injured only one player stop making excuses for him

God we are slow. I cannot stand how slow we are. Most full backs and wingers catch the ball and actually RUN back. Elliot and Jorge catch, stop, start to get going, Elliot actually just plods back then almost surrenders and gets driven back or held down for an eternity.

We are always on the back foot. We probably have some of the slowest play the balls as well.

Then finally Jake will get pinged for a repeat set on the 4th at least twice in the first 15 mins

How are we supposed to get on the front foot.

we have the slowest backs in the history of game i run faster with a gutful no joking

Myself along with others on here may not be qualified but we certainly aren't blind or stupid.
So we think. Unfortunately we will never know why but i'll let Des do the job...that's what we hired him for.

I'm not qualified to do the job but i'm 100% sure there are a shltload of things going on we know nothing of that are influencing what Des does and I will form my opinion of his performance this year after he picks our squad for next year and names the round 1 team.

So we think. Unfortunately we will never know why but i'll let Des do the job...that's what we hired him for.

I'm not qualified to do the job but i'm 100% sure there are a shltload of things going on we know nothing of that are influencing what Des does and I will form my opinion of his performance this year after he picks our squad for next year and names the round 1 team.

Exactly, you don't just pick players on highlight videos in junior games. You've got to take into consideration things like attitude at training, especially with no reserve grade comp running.

Do they put in 100% at training? Are they willing to learn to take their game to the next level? Is their head in the right space?

All those factors will definitely come into play when Des picks his side week in week out.

Exactly, you don't just pick players on highlight videos in junior games. You've got to take into consideration things like attitude at training, especially with no reserve grade comp running.

Do they put in 100% at training? Are they willing to learn to take their game to the next level? Is their head in the right space?

All those factors will definitely come into play when Des picks his side week in week out.
Plus MANY, MANY other factors buddy.

I would bet at least one of the guys we are all heralding has already signed somewhere else at expiry of their contract with us or are not in future club plans.

It’s a results driven business though, you get no results you don’t attract sponsorship that drive the sustainability of the organisation.

Sponsors want their advertisement on a winning culture not a loosing one.

Not trying anything different when loosing is hard too stomach.

I almost wish Des would pick the "dream team" 3/4 of ST posters are putting forward, just to see how ST reacts to them losing games. Who do we bring in then? My guess is they'd say "anyone, I don't care, we just need change". Losses are hard to cop but the answer can't always be to sack half the team.

Maybe Will Des does know best, though from what I have seen of Guaca he at least should have been on the bench from the get go this season.

Guaca got dropped from the bench and had no minutes to prove himself the first two rounds.

They say the proof is in the pudding with results, the team Des keeps picking since Turbo went down has lost more then won.

Des also should be held to some accountability on the team’s performance this season, we were a top four team prediction at the start of season, Injuries aside Des has the say on the 30.
Guacamole looks the goods and I rate him ahead of JetSki and Duck but that wasn't the case at the start of the year.

Des is the one who took the same squad from 15th to deep into the finals. One could argue Des is the main reason we have such high expectations for this season even without some of our best players.

What absolute rubbish.
We haven't been affected by injuries any more than most other teams.
We have proven plodders who everyone -- escept DESpicable -- knows are not up to first grade getting repeated chances to fail.
He drops Funa who has been a ray of hope, and has scored a try in every match he has played.
We have talented players such as The Shoe, Hoppa Jnr, Titmus, Sipley, Tenterfield, Harper, Metcalf, Miskie, Burbo busting for a chance.
Blind Faith won't achieve results.
What other club has lost as much as us as far as key spine players? Starting hooker won't play a single game, starting 5/8 will miss 12+ games and second best Fullback in the game missing 9+ weeks.

"Either Des's trusted players turn it around in the next 2/3 weeks or we get a free look at our youth for the last 4/5 weeks of the season".

What have you seen from Des in the last 8 weeks that makes you think this will happen buddy?
Everything I have seen points to him selecting the same old same old every week. This weeks team is a prime example.
Des will keep picking the same team till we are out of finals contention. If that happens I expect to see the likes of Thommo and Elliot, who are moving on, out of the side.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4