We are in a win win situation.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Either Des's trusted players turn it around in the next 2/3 weeks or we get a free look at our youth for the last 4/5 weeks of the season.

Whilst most are lining up to give it to Des and his selections I have no doubt he wants to make the finals as much if not more than anyone and is using his experience and expertise to put our best foot forward every week. Very easy to throw up 3 or 4 inexperienced players that we'd like to see in the side but that is unlikely to save our season.

Injuries have near crippled us this year but there is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Are Hoppa, Schuster, Guacamole and others ready for full time first grade? I Don't know but I doubt anyone posting here has a better idea than Des.

Maybe Will Des does know best, though from what I have seen of Guaca he at least should have been on the bench from the get go this season.

Guaca got dropped from the bench and had no minutes to prove himself the first two rounds.

They say the proof is in the pudding with results, the team Des keeps picking since Turbo went down has lost more then won.

Des also should be held to some accountability on the team’s performance this season, we were a top four team prediction at the start of season, Injuries aside Des has the say on the 30.

What absolute rubbish.
We haven't been affected by injuries any more than most other teams.
We have proven plodders who everyone -- escept DESpicable -- knows are not up to first grade getting repeated chances to fail.
He drops Funa who has been a ray of hope, and has scored a try in every match he has played.
We have talented players such as The Shoe, Hoppa Jnr, Titmus, Sipley, Tenterfield, Harper, Metcalf, Miskie, Burbo busting for a chance.
Blind Faith won't achieve results.

Either Des's trusted players turn it around in the next 2/3 weeks or we get a free look at our youth for the last 4/5 weeks of the season.

Whilst most are lining up to give it to Des and his selections I have no doubt he wants to make the finals as much if not more than anyone and is using his experience and expertise to put our best foot forward every week. Very easy to throw up 3 or 4 inexperienced players that we'd like to see in the side but that is unlikely to save our season.

Injuries have near crippled us this year but there is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Are Hoppa, Schuster, Guacamole and others ready for full time first grade? I Don't know but I doubt anyone posting here has a better idea than Des.
How’s that plan worked out so far. Getting smashed up by also rans every second week. Anyone who thinks the mob running out this week is going to make a dent in this comp is delusional , with or without Tommy.its a new quicker game and we are the slowest team
In the competition.

What absolute rubbish.
We have proven plodders who everyone -- escept DESpicable -- knows are not up to first grade getting repeated chances to fail.
He drops Funa who has been a ray of hope, and has scored a try in every match he has played.
We have talented players such as The Shoe, Hoppa Jnr, Titmus, Sipley, Tenterfield, Harper, Metcalf, Miskie, Burbo busting for a chance.
Funa isn't a winger's asshole

How’s that plan worked out so far. Getting smashed up by also rans every second week. Anyone who thinks the mob running out this week is going to make a dent in this comp is delusional , with or without Tommy.its a new quicker game and we are the slowest team
In the competition.
God we are slow. I cannot stand how slow we are. Most full backs and wingers catch the ball and actually RUN back. Elliot and Jorge catch, stop, start to get going, Elliot actually just plods back then almost surrenders and gets driven back or held down for an eternity.

We are always on the back foot. We probably have some of the slowest play the balls as well.

Then finally Jake will get pinged for a repeat set on the 4th at least twice in the first 15 mins

How are we supposed to get on the front foot.

God we are slow. I cannot stand how slow we are. Most full backs and wingers catch the ball and actually RUN back. Elliot and Jorge catch, stop, start to get going, Elliot actually just plods back then almost surrenders and gets driven back or held down for an eternity.

We are always on the back foot. We probably have some of the slowest play the balls as well.

Then finally Jake will get pinged for a repeat set on the 4th at least twice in the first 15 mins

How are we supposed to get on the front foot.
Elliot is a small fullback and doesn't have the evading ability of some of the stars of the NRL. Anyway he is gone next year isn't he?

"Either Des's trusted players turn it around in the next 2/3 weeks or we get a free look at our youth for the last 4/5 weeks of the season".

What have you seen from Des in the last 8 weeks that makes you think this will happen buddy?
Everything I have seen points to him selecting the same old same old every week. This weeks team is a prime example.

Olakau’atu was our best player last week......if that doesn’t prove he is ready for full time 1st grade then WTF does! He played better in one game than fvcking Gosiewski & Waddell combined have all year!

Problem is everyone else gets a free look as well.
I'm wondering if that is the issue.
We have lots coming off contract NEXT year.
So any great young performers can be looked after well, as others are let go.
Not in a position to compete money wise this year.

Just a theory.

Every scout in the NRL knows about Metcalfe Shuster and Hoppa. Shuster had a dozen clubs after him, Storm being the main contender.We won’t see him or Metcalfe this year but it won’t be for that reason.
Fair enough.

Then I guess that's it then, there is no good reason.

What absolute rubbish.
100% and is killing our good players by doing so.

Every scout in the NRL knows about Metcalfe Shuster and Hoppa. Shuster had a dozen clubs after him, Storm being the main contender.We won’t see him or Metcalfe this year but it won’t be for that reason.

They will be gone by the time they get their chance at Manly. Some of them may have been signed up for next year at Manly, but I could guarantee my left gonad that their managers have contracts on their desks waiting. THose young players would be so frustrated, probably worse than us supporters for not seeing them get their chance when the season is done. The definition of insanity. Doing the same thing but expecting a different result.

Start drinking more or take medication my friends, it's going to get ugly for the rest of the year.

We will never know unless these young players are tested against quality opposition. We will know in about 3 weeks time if we are any chance of making finals, in the event that we are out of it, its time to blood these kids for the last 4-5 games of the season.

There is no point persisting with players who are just not up to it. The last 7 weeks has seen out depth tested and a 2-5 record suggests that we are struggling and to not use the options we have is just making it worse!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4