We Are Gone for 2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
Given the standings of various teams we're yet to play I don't think it out of the question we can put in a long winning sequence and make the finals.  Let people write us off I say.

True, was having a look before and I think we are still just 2 wins from the 8, and the points differential isn't massively down. Basically from here, we need to average 2/3 to make it.

We are equal 7th/8th on betting at 15-1 for the Premiership. On those odds we are seen as making the 8. The reality is that the money they have taken means that they can't put us out to our correct odds of 20+-1. If we only get 1 out of the next 3, and I am not that confident about that, then we will be officially dead. I'm not going to give up but w/o Snake and as a betting person I think we are well and truely gone.

MB, doubtful the Broncs, definitely the Eels and very possibly the Titans and that's two out of three.  What we need is for the top four teams to keep winning and for us to pick up a few more wins.  If they do we can scrape in.  Any benefit in that?  It's a new comp then and we have a chance.  Hard, but not impossible.     

I think to say "we are gone" at this stage is a bit early to call.....maybe in 4 weeks time with another 4 losses BUT what IS keeping us (albeit a way adrift) in the hunt is other results.

For what it's worth at some stage of 2009 this side is going to click...it may well come "when we are gone" (whatever that really means as I still think we have about 4 1/2 months of football left)....if gone means not winning the 2009 Grand Final I think we are "gone" already.....the game has moved on, we haven't....but I hardly think a side made up of the players we have are going to allow a 20 loss losing streak to happen (which would  see us really "gone").

I had the pleasure of watching the game on Friday night with Manly great Max Krillich on one side and Manly great Cliff Lyons on the other. They were like me "frustrated" but both of them said "NEVER EVER forget that EVERY team lifts 150% against last years premiers. Each of them said (in the years that followed their Grand Final wins) that the next year was the toughest they had ever played in and important to note (in the case of Cliffy) 1987 a glorious victory and 1988 a dismal failure.

I have been following these guys for 46 years so  ahve "been there done that and many times before"!!

Just enjoy what we have enjoyed these last few years and pray that the current side will "click" sooner than later.

A fair point about the 'next year blues' Rex.  I too hope it clicks soon.  The Storm didn't seem to have the next year blues though  07, 08, and they are going OK this year as well.  The absence of mean desire and the anger at losing disturbs me with this team.  Smiling and joking at the end of the Storm match really got me wondering if the competitive edge just aint there for some of them, especially the older heads.  Are we just soft?  Is it OK to be mediocre and blame it all on the other teams wanting to beat us big timers.  If there's no improvement, a demand for a cleanout at the end of the season must be heard.  Maybe it's time for Princess can finish his law degree.   

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4