We are gaining experience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The exposure to the business end of the season will be so beneficial to our young team. A few of them look gassed after a long season. It was always optimistic and wishful thinking that we could go all the way this year. We will learn a lot and gain invaluable experience for next season. Our young boys need another full pre season to get their bodies ready. We are offloading all our dead wood and will no doubt add the strike and depth in the positions we need. Add Fainu back in and we are primed for 2022 and 2023.

Last edited:
I don’t think tonight was a good example of how we could play. We were horrible. Melbourne we’re almost perfect. The two factors lead to that outcome. Inexperience or not, we should’ve been way better. I do get the feeling some of our performances recently have papered over some deficiencies. We’ve actually been pretty poor for a few weeks. It’s just that we’ve played the two bottom teams.

This we are gaining experience thing is a massive crock - professional players, professional team, professional coach, we choked and didn't put in, nothing more nothing less. Accepting less is how you end up like the wests tigers.

We started poorly. There was no intensity. We looked flat and shaky. As soon as the storm came on the field to start the game they were all pumped up. They were psyched. I think we did too much talking off the field in the week leading up to the game. We should shut the fuk up and slap each other like the magpies did back in the days. Leave our talking on the field. We will learn and grow from this.

I don’t think tonight was a good example of how we could play. We were horrible. Melbourne we’re almost perfect. The two factors lead to that outcome. Inexperience or not, we should’ve been way better. I do get the feeling some of our performances recently have papered over some deficiencies. We’ve actually been pretty poor for a few weeks. It’s just that we’ve played the two bottom teams.
Nailed it! We’ve been ordinary for a good while now and Toms brilliance has masked a lot. In saying that I still think we can feature in these finals. We absolutely must complete our sets high in our next game. So important for our cohesion.

It's less than I thought

Aloiai
Schuster
Harper
Lawton
Paseka

Hopefully Croker is back next week
You are clutching at straws. The Lawman was one of the few who tackled and didn't make a mistake. I agree that Froggy should come back at hooker but The Lawman should start in the second row and allow The Shoe to come on when the match has opened up a bit. He is the best attacking forward in the NRL yet he's being dulled by playing the role of a pure defender.

The exposure to the business end of the season will be so beneficial to our young team. A few of them look gassed after a long season. It was always optimistic and wishful thinking that we could go all the way this year. We will learn a lot and gain invaluable experience for next season. Our young boys need another full pre season to get their bodies ready. We are offloading all our dead wood and will no doubt add the strike and depth in the positions we need. Add Fainu back in and we are primed for 2022 and 2023.
Common sense prevails at last.

Tonight sucked - no doubt...

But I don't feel like we are hopeless...

Harper Has been great all year but sucked tonight...
Same with Guac and same with Tom...

The Storm got us rattked from the start and then squeezed us with constant pressure....

The team will learn a lot from tonight and hopefully improve a lot...

Storm smashed us with mid-length kicks, slow PTBs on tackle 1 and 2 and converting off our mistakes...

Might sound silly but I will be confident that the result will be a lot closer should we meet them again in the GF...

Biggest problem may be getting past Penrith in the PF... GO SOUFFS...!

Tonight sucked - no doubt...

But I don't feel like we are hopeless...

Harper Has been great all year but sucked tonight...
Same with Guac and same with Tom...

The Storm got us rattked from the start and then squeezed us with constant pressure....

The team will learn a lot from tonight and hopefully improve a lot...

Storm smashed us with mid-length kicks, slow PTBs on tackle 1 and 2 and converting off our mistakes...

Might sound silly but I will be confident that the result will be a lot closer should we meet them again in the GF...

Biggest problem may be getting past Penrith in the PF... GO SOUFFS...!
Keep 'em comin' Frankie boy!

Very true, this game especially was a reality check for them, that they probably needed. We maybe grew an extra leg after nearly beating Melbourne, and smashing all these bottom-tier sides, but the young ones will learn that finals footy and the big dawgs in the big games is a whole different experience.

So, where is Melbourne's "learning"? How do they continue to perform at the highest level, week in and week out, decade after decade? They bring in rookies and lose top shelf players, yet never drop to developing young team status. Are they cheating? Is their coach that good? Organisational structure? All of the above? And why haven't others been able to emulate it yet, even after decades?

So, where is Melbourne's "learning"? How do they continue to perform at the highest level, week in and week out, decade after decade? They bring in rookies and lose top shelf players, yet never drop to developing young team status. Are they cheating? Is their coach that good? Organisational structure? All of the above? And why haven't others been able to emulate it yet, even after decades?
All of the above

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10