We are being hammered in the media.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love it - all the Manly bashing means they know we mean business! :D

Sky - Sportsline has the Bunnies complaining about the Manly Men :p

Example of my bunnies fan mate, and how they see things differently to us.... 2 texts I received:

1:

"OK. I've had a chance to watch the full replay now. Including slow motion replays of all the incidents.
1. Matai's tackle on George was your classic swinging arm. No attempt to tackle. Just a swing at his head. First contact was on the ball only because the ball got in the way. The intent was to whack him on the chin and he succeeded.
2. Take your maroon tinted glasses off and have another look at the fight.
George gets smashed. Sam runs in and hits Matai with his forearm in the back then takes a couple of steps back and stands ready for the retaliation. Two Manly players run at him and he starts swinging (and landing) punches. I'd hardly call that running away. At no time did he turn his back or back down.
But, all that said, I fully expect Manly's three reported players to get a slap on the wrist and no more. Looks like Inglis is fair game. Dump him on his head as many times as you like. ****ed if I know what a player would have to do to get sent off these days.
PS. Is three players on report from one game some kind of record? Plus one player reported twice for identical offences.
Conclusion: Manly got the result the deserved."

2:

"Also. Matai's "bellringer" on Sam is a joke. It was a Third Man Thaiday effort. Two other players hit him first then Matai. Courageous stuff. Stung like a mosquito. Which is why Sam laughed. Also Matai gave him a head massage push while he was on the ground. What a hero."

What more could you expect from the media when their fans are this one eyed? These replies came AFTER I'd congratulated them in the win, and given some of his players a fair wrap too (deservedly: they played well).

The difference IMHO is that we were a little unlucky, a touch off timing wise and whilst we got a lot of penalties (as they did) do three penalties on the first tackle have the same impact on the game as 4th/5th tackle penalties in your own half?? I'd like to see a break down of the penalties into more/less beneficial terms..

At first I thought, wow....they are looooong texts.

Then I realised that if you have no teeth, texting is probably easier than talking.

1. Thank goodness Souths have been pathetic from 1972 to 2012 so we have been spared 40 years of dickhead Rabbitoh fans calling up talk back & now social media.

2. Media going nuts about Richie's tackles on Inglis. They keep watching the video over and over but everytime Richie keeps spearing Inglis. What is wrong with Richie? Why won't he stop spear tackling? Every time I have watched those two tackles since Friday night HE KEEPS ON SPEAR TACKLING!!!! even though we keep writing that he must be stopped from spear tackling or Greg will get hurt. Stop it Ritchie! Next time I watch the Manly/Souths tape I don't want to see you spear tackling. Got it?

If your Souths mate is sending texts and watching replays you should tell him to give back the mobile phone and tv to whoever owns them.

KOMORI said:
Example of my bunnies fan mate, and how they see things differently to us.... 2 texts I received:

1:

"OK. I've had a chance to watch the full replay now. Including slow motion replays of all the incidents.
1. Matai's tackle on George was your classic swinging arm. No attempt to tackle. Just a swing at his head. First contact was on the ball only because the ball got in the way. The intent was to whack him on the chin and he succeeded.
2. Take your maroon tinted glasses off and have another look at the fight.
George gets smashed. Sam runs in and hits Matai with his forearm in the back then takes a couple of steps back and stands ready for the retaliation. Two Manly players run at him and he starts swinging (and landing) punches. I'd hardly call that running away. At no time did he turn his back or back down.
But, all that said, I fully expect Manly's three reported players to get a slap on the wrist and no more. Looks like Inglis is fair game. Dump him on his head as many times as you like. f***ed if I know what a player would have to do to get sent off these days.
PS. Is three players on report from one game some kind of record? Plus one player reported twice for identical offences.
Conclusion: Manly got the result the deserved."

2:

"Also. Matai's "bellringer" on Sam is a joke. It was a Third Man Thaiday effort. Two other players hit him first then Matai. Courageous stuff. Stung like a mosquito. Which is why Sam laughed. Also Matai gave him a head massage push while he was on the ground. What a hero."

What more could you expect from the media when their fans are this one eyed? These replies came AFTER I'd congratulated them in the win, and given some of his players a fair wrap too (deservedly: they played well).

The difference IMHO is that we were a little unlucky, a touch off timing wise and whilst we got a lot of penalties (as they did) do three penalties on the first tackle have the same impact on the game as 4th/5th tackle penalties in your own half?? I'd like to see a break down of the penalties into more/less beneficial terms..

For point 1 on the Matai tackle, can you ask him then why George Burgess runs carrying the ball in front of his head if his theory there is correct

Also get him to name the 2 Manly players that threw punches

Then send him along to specsavers

and tell him its not Alianz stadium and a bulldogs match,hence the flares the ferrals lit up,good job security,good bag searching there

Has there ever been a more slappable face than Hadley's....pompous self inflated turd of a man whose ego is only surpassed by his transparency.

eagles2win said:
Took a bag in Friday night and stopped so it could get searched and the security just waved me through

Took a bag to the titans game and security asked me about Sea Eagles membership!

I'd like to think of myself as passionate as any Manly supporter, but imo Fa'aoso deserves two matches for the first tackle and three matches for the second. Five weeks. In my opinion he is more a hindrance than a help to our team.
Seriously, what does he give the team? Yes, he runs straight and hard, but he also is ill-disiplined and he missed Sutton badly for Souffs' second try.
Tom Symonds must play the full 80 minutes, and give Gower a further chance. I'm sure he'd be much more dependable than Richie.
I'd also prefer to have Vic Mauro than RF. At least you knew he'd never make a mistake or miss a tackle.

A lot have been saying that Symonds must play 80, how would you be working that

Choc is a must play 80 man. Right now Glenn maybe isn't, but on a few weeks he is another must play 80

That leaves us 1 spot, and Horo has shown he is more than capable of 80 as well

Good point. IMO our starting backrow should be Choc, Big Red and Horo. Gift to come on selectively until he retains full fitness and touch.
I don't think any of our terrific backrowers need to play 80 minutes. Depending on the circumstances, all four could be given spells during a match, even Choc.
Buhrer needs to be on the bench to cover for injuries in the backline, slipping into hooker or lock with Symonds covering centre. Then you have King and another front rower completing the bench.

The Who said:
I'd like to think of myself as passionate as any Manly supporter, but imo Fa'aoso deserves two matches for the first tackle and three matches for the second. Five weeks. In my opinion he is more a hindrance than a help to our team.
Seriously, what does he give the team? Yes, he runs straight and hard, but he also is ill-disiplined and he missed Sutton badly for Souffs' second try.
Tom Symonds must play the full 80 minutes, and give Gower a further chance. I'm sure he'd be much more dependable than Richie.
I'd also prefer to have Vic Mauro than RF. At least you knew he'd never make a mistake or miss a tackle.
Any suspension Fa'aoso earns could be a blessing in disguise.

The Who said:
Good point. IMO our starting backrow should be Choc, Big Red and Horo. Gift to come on selectively until he retains full fitness and touch.
I don't think any of our terrific backrowers need to play 80 minutes. Depending on the circumstances, all four could be given spells during a match, even Choc.
Buhrer needs to be on the bench to cover for injuries in the backline, slipping into hooker or lock with Symonds covering centre. Then you have King and another front rower completing the bench.

Choc's in my dream team side so needs the full 80 ;)

I understand Buhrer being there to cover all those spots but he really needs to start doing some more for me. If he wasn't it would be out luck Ballin would get injured. But hypothetically if he wasn't and Ballin went down, Foran to 9 and Lyon or Stewart to 6 with Symonds covering whoever moves isn't terrible, but Buhrer is the tidier option

Fa'aoso seems to have lost a lot of support after 1 poor game out of his 6 played for us, but when available his impact is vital and what we need

I think there is nothing much in one of them, Inglis drops his upper body from standing height to a point where his head is at knee high whilst he still has a foot on the ground. He continues his movement towards the ground and the leg is lifted in that last split second without a manly hand on it.

The other one isn't a bad one but worthy of a grade 1 or grade 2 as there is a little bit of lifting but it is with 2 people each on a separate leg whilst Inglis is struggling to get free up top.

A page full of anti Manly bile from which we repost this cracker.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/04/30/hatred-runs-deep-in-the-nrl/

By Ryan O'Connell, 30 Apr 2013

Yet there is certainly a modern day hatred for the club from the Northern Beaches of Sydney as well.

Apart from their success – the main ingredient in any case of hatred – a lot of the vitriol towards the club can be attributed to Steve Matai; a player whose frequency of visits to the NRL judiciary means he should pay rent there.

This is a man who single-handedly prevented Darren Lockyer playing in a semi-final two years ago. The legendary Brisbane Broncos five-eighth was nursing a broken cheekbone, and doctors advised him against playing because they thought Matai might target him.

That’s right, Lockyer didn’t play in a game of football because of the public knowledge Matai would attack his weakness. Never mind that ‘weakness’ was Lockyer’s head, and targeting it would have therefore been illegal.

Though to be fair to Matai, he is far from the only reason to hate Manly.

I could have sworn Lockyer didn't play because he had a fractured cheekbone and the risk of bumping into anyone. Also like to know who has had their jaw or cheek broken by Matai in an illegal tackle?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6