We are always painted in a negative light

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foz is right what advantage do we get? Coming either first or second and playing at a Rabbit infested Allianz stadium.
We all know that the NRL want a Roosters V Bunnies GF.
The NRL are a joke just like channel 9.

it is an outrage when you consider that 5th place gets a home game making it the second time this season they get 3 games in a row at home. we could do a lot with that sort of treatment.

Frogz said:
Scoop from Paul Kent on the BSB....Brookvale Oval only holds 13,000 and Manly just make the 18K + figure up.

Where do these dopes get their info from and how can they just lie

Easy to verify with Warringah Council as they started charging a $1 levy on every ticket sold. PK could check their Profit and Loss Report - its a public document :idea:

Plus, as the Trustees of Brookvale Park, they would have to insure it, and the Fire Code puts a capacity Limit of Patrons allowed into a Venue :cool:

It must be Finals Season for all the Media to be trotting out the "Manly Fans Don't travel" articles that they've been reusing for 4 decades. :dodgy:

NOTE: 11/8/2014 Allianz Stadium attendance for Rorters Home Game was 6,345 :sleepy:

Imagine if Manly were to come out and say we refuse to play at Allianz, we earned the right to play a home final at Brookie and anything else is blatantly unfair.
The whole finals series would be a farce, the eventual premiers having won a hollow victory.
It would be a giant f**k you to Greenberg and co.
I know it won't happen but I half wish it would.

2 articles today - 1 in tele 1 & 1 in smh, both about the exact same thing - our unwillingness to play and travel to Allianz. Unbelievable.

Crusher_Cleal said:
2 articles today - 1 in tele 1 & 1 in smh, both about the exact same thing - our unwillingness to play and travel to Allianz. Unbelievable.

Did you expect any more...and just wait for Saturday morning it will be worse

If it wasn't for my mad obsession supporting this great club, I would be a converted Swannie by now.

Just about everything to do with NRL feels dirty and corrupted these days.

I am absolutely convinced it has to be a Rorters & Vermin GF this year !

HappilyManly said:
Frogz said:
Scoop from Paul Kent on the BSB....Brookvale Oval only holds 13,000 and Manly just make the 18K + figure up.

Where do these dopes get their info from and how can they just lie

Easy to verify with Warringah Council as they started charging a $1 levy on every ticket sold. PK could check their Profit and Loss Report - its a public document :idea:

Plus, as the Trustees of Brookvale Park, they would have to insure it, and the Fire Code puts a capacity Limit of Patrons allowed into a Venue :cool:

It must be Finals Season for all the Media to be trotting out the "Manly Fans Don't travel" articles that they've been reusing for 4 decades. :dodgy:

NOTE: 11/8/2014 Allianz Stadium attendance for Rorters Home Game was 6,345 :sleepy:

Does he mean 13000 seats at brookie?

And yeah we must never forget the 6345 roosters sfs figure. A joke.

In previous finals it wasn't our fault we were playing qld teams, our support was good.

There will be 30,000 Plus there Friday night, of which we'll have about 10K

I'd expect to see about a 2 to 1 ratio, maybe 2.5 to 1.

Also remember todays pension day, so the ticket sales will escalate from now for Vermin fans

I just heard on the Alan Jones show (no Manly supporter by the way) that the NRL has less crowds and less TV ratings this year.

It apparently is due to the scheduling of games. I say that's BS.

The reason in my mind is the 'chook-raffle' mentality of the NRL who are running a multi-million dollar business but still seem to have favourites in namely players and clubs alike.

I can cite my own experience, I no longer watch the NRL unless Manly is playing where before, a few years ago, I would devotedly watch every game every week. If I didn't have time I'd IQ them and watch them later.

I no longer do this and I wonder how many others have taken a similar view as I?

Also, here is the rub I am sometimes not even watching a full Manly game this year as well. Much to my own chagrin. I generally wait until it is replayed on Fox and watch the highlights using the fast forward button on my remote.

This type of story doesn't go well for the NRL in that the players appear to be paid less than the NRL minimum salary yet all is seen as being above board.

Instead of bringing ASADA in maybe there should be an independent audit of everything to make sure all is above board for all codes.

I see we have pretty much been written off tomorrow night. I don't know about any one else, but i don't mind that. I know we haven't been at our best but i think we may ambush Souths. Feels like one of those games we are not meant to win but do.

It's a pity the 'Riff didn't finish in the top two as they would have the same claim as us, not being able to play a home final.
You can bet the media would treat them with more sympathy as they do us.

The Who said:
It's a pity the 'Riff didn't finish in the top two as they would have the same claim as us, not being able to play a home final.
You can bet the media would treat them with more sympathy as they do us.

That would be interesting to see. And you can imagine how the 'battlers' of Penrith are being forced by the tyrants at the NRL to forgo a home semi, and how unfair Panthers fans have to make the arduous trek into Sydney!

You can almost set your clock to certain stories:

March/April: Bunnies to be Premiers
May/June/July: Origin Scheduling
End of August/Early Sept: Manly fans don't travel.
October: How Manly did it after being written off again.

Killer03 said:
October: How Manly did it after being written off again...........

.....and how all of us Journo's knew it would happen and were behind them the whole time.

No one pick this bulls*$t up? Seriously offended given all the pictures shown are of Souths and Melbourne players inflicting dangerous tackles, and Manly on the wrong end of them more than once!

"Wrestling will be a major factor this finals series with teams such as South Sydney, Melbourne, Canterbury and Manly excellent exponents of the dark art."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/new-nrl-wrestling-tactic-introduced-ahead-of-finals-series-the-seatbelt/story-fnp0lyn6-1227054520658

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7