"We Are A Results Driven Business" - Scott Penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How Bob Fulton put the Manly Sea Eagles back together again

It's the late 1990s and a wide-eyed Trent Barrett is standing in the lounge room of Manly coach Bob Fulton.

1456980002852.jpg

Bob Fulton, one of rugby league's Immortals, is Manly's Mr Fixer. Photo: Mark Kolbe
Barrett, a tall and talented five-eighth who burst on to the scene for the Illawarra Steelers in the post-apocalyptic haze of the Super League war, is coming off contract.

The merger between Illawarra and St George is imminent. There's a bloke called Anthony Mundine filling out the No.6 jersey for the Dragons. Nobody is quite sure how the jigsaw is going to come together and if Barrett is the piece that misses out.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...gles-back-together-again-20160303-gn9bwv.html

Penn can say / do what he wants, after all it's the family that's stumping up the shortfall ( out of the 16 million profit from the Leagues Club no doubt).

But I agree that comment has come back to haunt him!

Now I hope, and doubt, we will be 1-4 like last season but if we are I quote Scott from last season when he said

"We are 1-4. We don’t want to be in that position. We need to win some games. I don’t want to put any undue pressure on anyone but we are a results-driven business. If we don’t have a good outcome this year, then we will be having some serious discussions.”

Fire him

Bring back Tooves who took us to the big one for Wolfy to choke

How Bob Fulton put the Manly Sea Eagles back together again

It's the late 1990s and a wide-eyed Trent Barrett is standing in the lounge room of Manly coach Bob Fulton.

1456980002852.jpg

Bob Fulton, one of rugby league's Immortals, is Manly's Mr Fixer. Photo: Mark Kolbe
Barrett, a tall and talented five-eighth who burst on to the scene for the Illawarra Steelers in the post-apocalyptic haze of the Super League war, is coming off contract.

The merger between Illawarra and St George is imminent. There's a bloke called Anthony Mundine filling out the No.6 jersey for the Dragons. Nobody is quite sure how the jigsaw is going to come together and if Barrett is the piece that misses out.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...gles-back-together-again-20160303-gn9bwv.html

"He is conscious about talking about what's happened at Manly in the past few years. He wasn't responsible for the departure of favourite son Geoff Toovey. The decision to terminate the coach's contract was made by the board, not Fulton.

All he will say of the Sea Eagles' predicament is this: "They were on the precipice."

Hey dudes WE ARE GETTING CLOSER to that precipice!!
The TB experiment has not been altogether too successful yeah?!

Well, one thing is for sure, it can't get much worse for the Sea Eagles than it did in 2016!

But in saying that , apart from the on field issues, 2017 could be an interesting year.

Early days yet but no major sponsor.

Membership , after this years dismal efforts could well plummet.

One staff member at least not happy and moving on, I'd be surprised if there wasn't more.

The ongoing issue with two aging superstars, this may well sort itself out BUT may end up being a chain around their neck if said superstars go around again and either spend most of the year in the injury ward or what time is spent on the field is almost valueless ( mind you if Skivvy is fit he only knows one way to play).

Can the CEO last??, based on his efforts you'd say not a snowflakes chance in hell, but his continuation / dismissal might be very interesting.

And then , and I have to mention it for my old mate @strone33 , there's the issue of " does the offseason spell the end of any coaching staff " ( other than Siebold who's apparently resigned already ).

2017, possibly a watershed year??

Well, one thing is for sure, it can't get much worse for the Sea Eagles than it did in 2016!

But in saying that , apart from the on field issues, 2017 could be an interesting year.

Early days yet but no major sponsor.

Membership , after this years dismal efforts could well plummet.

One staff member at least not happy and moving on, I'd be surprised if there wasn't more.

The ongoing issue with two aging superstars, this may well sort itself out BUT may end up being a chain around their neck if said superstars go around again and either spend most of the year in the injury ward or what time is spent on the field is almost valueless ( mind you if Skivvy is fit he only knows one way to play).

Can the CEO last??, based on his efforts you'd say not a snowflakes chance in hell, but his continuation / dismissal might be very interesting.

And then , and I have to mention it for my old mate @strone33 , there's the issue of " does the offseason spell the end of any coaching staff " ( other than Siebold who's apparently resigned already ).

2017, possibly a watershed year??

Anything is possible....

But 2017 at this stage looks much the same as this year, maybe worse unless they sack Barrett

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6