We’re Back!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yay.
If every team plays everyone once, we've already played roosters and storm. If we have to play them again that's unfair.
13 teams to go.
Bring it on.
Go Manly!
They are talking now on possibly completing all 25 rounds and having a November Grand Final.

I like many can't wait to see footy again, but I fear that May 28 is too early and the games desperate financial scenario is driving it's every decision.

The leadership team screwed up failing to plan for crisis or shocks and now are so desperate for money. This means potentially risking the health of players and staff to get playing asap.

To make it worse, I have no confidence in the NRL admin to pull this off.

Sorry not trying to be negative, and respect we need money as things are not great, but not at the costs of people's health.

Anyway hopefully it goes alright.

Interesting. Will be bloody hot.

29th of november if there are no bye rounds for SOO.

Yep, bloody hot.

It appears the finances are in such a stinking mess they are willing to wring the absolute sh1t out of the players (at a reduced pay rate) to get as much in their coffers as possible.

More disgrace.

28th May is doable. Things will definitely look much better then than they have been for the past few weeks.

In fact a well run sporting organisation with healthy finances and the permission of the government could still have run at the present time behind closed doors, although the safe and sensible option was to take a break.

I’d imagine that attending sporting events in November should become a possibility again so the heat will be a problem. The NRL might split the game into four quarters instead and play the games as late as possible in the day. Alternatively if games are still being played behind closed doors then they could look at playing all finals matches in NZ to give the players cooler playing conditions

28th May is doable. Things will definitely look much better then than they have been for the past few weeks.
I sincerely hope you're right, but ... is there something in particular makes you say things will be much better by then? (I've been trying my best to avoid too much news lately so may have missed something?)

I sincerely hope you're right, but ... is there something in particular makes you say things will be much better by then? (I've been trying my best to avoid too much news lately so may have missed something?)

I think Australia has done well enough to prevent the spread and there are very encouraging signs with the curve flattening.

New Zealand have done even better. Less than 1300 cases, only 6 deaths to date and their number of daily new cases has dropped to below 50. Their peak of new cases was 146 on March 28.

Some European countries such as Denmark feel good enough about their situation to look at lifting restrictions very soon.

But Taiwan is the country to truly admire during this pandemic however. Their population is close to 24 million and geographically they are close to China. Their first recognised case was weeks before ours on February 16. To date they have only had 382 cases with 6 deaths. Their peak was 27 new cases on March 20. In the last 4 days they have only seen 3, 3, 1 and 2 new cases respectively.

I’m with the NSW police commissioner when he says that he won’t look to entend the current restrictions beyond the 90 days that they’re currently set for. If everyone continues to work as hard as they have been then it’s likely an extension won’t be necessary. That said, everyone should still take very good care of themselves this winter and still practice social distancing even if restrictions are lifted

Last edited:
But Taiwan is the country to truly admire during this pandemic however. Their population is close to 24 million and geographically they are close to China. Their first recognised case was weeks before ours on February 16.
Taiwan's first reported case was 21 January (according to multiple reports) and ours was 25 January. But I agree with all your points, and I agree we have encouraging signs, in fact much better than I had feared. However around the world things don't look flash so who knows what will be happening by then? Six weeks is a long time.

Meanwhile well done to everyone, especially our health workers, as you say let's keep going.

Taiwan's first reported case was 21 January (according to multiple reports) and ours was 25 January. But I agree with all your points, and I agree we have encouraging signs, in fact much better than I had feared. However around the world things don't look flash so who knows what will be happening by then? Six weeks is a long time.

Meanwhile well done to everyone, especially our health workers, as you say let's keep going.

Ahh strange. I was running off a website tallying the cases, see attached.

7 weeks is a long time for good progress when the majority of people are doing the right thing. Anyway the restrictions currently in place will run until the end of June at least anyway and I see us being in a great position by the time we get there

Attachments

• ACCF7D95-8BA3-41B0-A3E2-177DF57D5E7E.jpeg
    ACCF7D95-8BA3-41B0-A3E2-177DF57D5E7E.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 7
  • BA973899-0821-49ED-A0BA-E2505F3A5576.jpeg
    BA973899-0821-49ED-A0BA-E2505F3A5576.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4