We’ll bounce back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
We’ll bounce back

23 Mar 09 @ 03:29pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/guarantee-we-ll-be-there-for-semis-excuss/

DEFIANT Manly skipper Matt Orford has personally “guaranteed” the Sea Eagles will bounce back to their best despite a mounting injury toll.

The NRL premiers were on Monday dealt more bad news with winger Andrew Suniula (fractured finger) out for at least six weeks with backrower Shane Rodney (eye) gone for a fortnight.

It could have been worse for Rodney with X-rays on Sunday night clearing him of a fractured eye-socket.

Both injuries happened in Manly’s disappointing 26-24 loss to the Warriors at Brookvale Oval on Sunday afternoon. It follows pre-premiership injuries to winger David Williams (shoulder) and Parramatta recruit Tony Williams (hamstring).

The Warriors claimed the see-sawing battle on Sunday in the final seconds when winger Denan Kemp converted a Jerome Ropati try.

The loss consigned the Sea Eagles to second last on the premiership table after just two rounds.

The start is a repeat of last year when Manly lost their first two before going on to win 13 of their next 15 matches.

But Orford is convinced his team can work their way out of their early season woes.

“We’ll scratch up on a few little areas and I’ll guarantee we’ll be there at the end of the year,” the champion half told The Manly Daily.

“We’ve been there and done it before. Hopefully that experience we went through last year can pay off and put us in good stead to get back on track.

“I don’t think we are too far off.”

Orford said defence is the key to turning the season around when they host Penrith at Brookvale Oval next Monday night.

“We know we can score points,” he said.

“We’ve just got to get our defence in order.

“We were really disciplined with our ‘D’ last year and that’s how we won the comp.

“We need to get back up to that standard.”

Manly officials give big Tony Williams an outside chance to make his debut against the Panthers, while forwards Vic Mauro, Phil Morwood, George Rose and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves are all contenders to replace Rodney on the bench.

Young centre Shane Neumann is expected to replay Suniula on the wing against the Panthers.

Surely there would have been an easier way to get under the radar than to lose on the bell on a sunnay Sunday afternoon at Brookie.

Agree with the discipline factor, drop ball, soft penalities & poor tackling cost us dearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7