Wayne Lambkin .. Danger in the shadows

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
There is a good article in the Telecrap League lift-out today about Wayne Lambkin, and how he would be a perfect fit as a development coach under Sheens at Tigers ... it lists his coaching credits including being in charge of the renowned league nursery Westfields High for 20 years and coaching Manly's U/20's to a Premiership ... he is currently coaching Tigers NSW Cup team.

So what ... (I hear the numbnuts mutter and murmur)

It also names some of the players he has coached at Westfields Sports high .. see if you recognise any name that followed him to Manly ..

Manase Fainu, Jason Saab, Moses Suli, Josh Schuster, Taniela Paseka, Haumole Olakau'atu ..

So if Wayne Lambkin gets the Ist grade gig at Tigers ... do you reckon any of those named above would give him a call ??

Indeed it is interesting, but I’m not concerned. First, we saw it before with Des and Trent, that the threat of players leaving to play under a particular coach is overstated. Money will talk much more than who the coach is. And second, if they want to trade playing for Manly, who ought to have a reasonable shot of ultimate success in the next few years, for a club that is rebuilding and likely to be at the bottom of the table for a while yet, then I wish them all the best…

Depends if they're happy at Manly or not. All the club can do is look after the players as best they can and try to create an attractive, winning culture. Players will always come and go and other clubs will always sniff around good players. We used to do the same thing ourselves apparently:)

IMO, another danger in the shadows is Mario Tartak who facilitated the signings of Josh Feledy & Sione Fainu with the Tigers. Also, he caused unnecessary consternation by sending the letter re Schuster to Manly. (Of course, not knowing all the variables, my assessment may be unfair.)

There is a good article in the Telecrap League lift-out today about Wayne Lambkin, and how he would be a perfect fit as a development coach under Sheens at Tigers ... it lists his coaching credits including being in charge of the renowned league nursery Westfields High for 20 years and coaching Manly's U/20's to a Premiership ... he is currently coaching Tigers NSW Cup team.

It also names some of the players he has coached at Westfields Sports high .. see if you recognise any name that followed him to Manly ..

Manase Fainu, Jason Saab, Moses Suli, Josh Schuster, Taniela Paseka, Haumole Olakau'atu ..

So if Wayne Lambkin gets the Ist grade gig at Tigers ... do you reckon any of those named above would give him a call ??
Not a chance, but I definitely think he will have influence on plenty of young quality players coming through now, looking for an opportunity

They can have Suli.

IMO, another danger in the shadows is Mario Tartak who facilitated the signings of Josh Feledy & Sione Fainu with the Tigers. Also, he caused unnecessary consternation by sending the letter re Schuster to Manly. (Of course, not knowing all the variables, my assessment may be unfair.)
No,I think your assessment is spot on.If he’s making noise now when Schuster is only 21 and yet to really make his mark,imagine how he’ll be if he does reach his predicted heights?Every contract year is going to be a worry

Everyone knows everyone in rugby league, or 1 degree of separation. So it is no big deal. Good luck to lambkin.

Everyone knows everyone in rugby league, or 1 degree of separation. So it is no big deal. Good luck to lambkin.

I know many people .. but saying g'day at the coffee shop is not the same type of relationship as being coached for 6 years through high school and winning an u/20's premiership together ..

The only way he would coach those losers is if he only wanted a one year NRL coaching career

Career suicide to take on the tigers

He won't get the job, anyway, most really young players would be avoiding the Tigers like the plague at the moment the way they've performed over the past ten years.

I’d say his ship sailed many years ago, as far as FG coaching gigs go...he was only recently promoted to a full time gig and he’d be well into his 50s. There’s a heap of other younger coaches with more full-time NRL experience waiting in the shadows. He’s never worked full time with a first grade squad at any club, ever. I doubt he’s suddenly the man in waiting...not to mention they had him sitting there when they chose Kimmorley?!

He won't get the job, anyway, most really young players would be avoiding the Tigers like the plague at the moment the way they've performed over the past ten years.

Not really

We just lost 2 of our brightest youngsters to them last month .. Feledy and Fainu ...

And the article says that the tigers have signed a heap of Lambkins young guns.

I know many people .. but saying g'day at the coffee shop is not the same type of relationship as being coached for 6 years through high school and winning an u/20's premiership together ..
You reckon these blokes were at high school for 6 years!?! I guess you never said that they made it to year 12…….

Lambkin has been gone for a while. It’s no more a threat than it has been for the last three years.
What are you going to do about it anyway, knee cap him?!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2