Watnough - Confession!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I have to fess up and admit that I was wrong about this bloke. Always admired his enthusiasm and considered him a player of potential - but have not held him in high esteem. I was one of the scoffers at the start of the season when a few maroon and white eyes declared him a chance for Origin and a star in the making.

Volley and mates - I was wrong. You even had it in your Sig. There may well be a few other of the AE crew that will need to eat humble pie.

Watmough you are a champion and as a young player you are only going to get better!!! :stupid:

Lol we already went through this.

I was also wrong, he has taken BK's guidance and turned it into positive play on the field

I must confess that I never thought he'd play Origin this year at all.

How good is he seriously though. I think I read he made about 160 odd metres again yesterday. The blokes a machine, and even the most positive Manly fan ever probably thought he wasn't this good.

After the game yesterday, Voss interviewed Kennedy and then Watmough, and when Voss introduced Watmough, Kennedy had a big smile on his face, and as he walked away I'm pretty sure he yelled out "Chocy". There is no doubt Kennedy has really helped Watmough bloom. This coupled with Menzies legendary status, has helped Manly's backrow, become as Sue said previously the best backrow in the comp.

I always saw the talent there and copped it at times. Glad i was proven right in this instace however i didnt think he would be this good this year - maybe in another year or 2.

BK has done wonders and is worth half his money for turning the kid into a good player.

Best backrow no worries, best forward BK. Not just as an individual but for his direction, leadership and inspiration to players like watmough.

For those eating humble pie - at least its the best tasting humble pie you have ever chewed down on

Just like flufy will be making us all wipe the egg off our face when King finally starts running hard! ;)

Well, everyone was saying that Watmough, Randall & King all had to step up and be counted sooner rather than later. I agree Watmough has...the other two?

BK has done wonders and is worth half his money for turning the kid into a good player.

Best backrow no worries, best forward BK. Not just as an individual but for his direction, leadership and inspiration to players like watmough.

BK has played an undeniably huge role in Watmough's form and ascension to SOO level this year by taking him under his wing.

Query - Are BK's wings big enough to fit Kingey, Zoolander etc under there as well???

Maybe Cement Gillespie needs to come back and take King under his wing (or Spud Carroll) Either that or take him out the back and punch his lights out!!!! :clap:

Maybe Cement Gillespie needs to come back and take King under his wing (or Spud Carroll) Either that or take him out the back and punch his lights out!!!! :clap:
Cement is currently involved with the Chooks so I doubt that he would be back in any hurry.

I am so happy that Choc has finally lived up to the huge potential he has.I have been watching him since his debut for the Northern Eagles(I hate putting that name down)way back in 2002..He just did enough to get by in those early day's.Go Choc have a great game against the chooks on friday & show Stuart you deserve more game time in Origin II..

I can't jump on board with the current haters. He has brilliant for us over many years and despite his issues, he has been a champion. I would hate to see him go but thank him for his contribution to our domination over the last ten years. Pity that he will not go out like Beaver, many games for one club and a great local champion. For him to go to the Slimes will be a nasty coda to a great career.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4