Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
70 minute onwards, he was just destroying souths players with his up and smash defence. He and Matai were definately our bruise brothers tonight.

104 points in Dream Team, huge game

Great call from the muppet Dream Team coach that has had him captain all season but changed it up this week !! FFS

That was Choc's best game of the year so far, damaging metres, a great try. He was the only forward who ran hard and straight consistently and always dented the line, he played so well and should be a shoe in for state of origin.

He's getting back to just running with the ball more often, as he used to. In the past couple of years he's started to drift sideways and throw floating hospital passes, often to poor Gifty. First and foremost, he's a ball runner and one of the best in the game. I'd also like to see him get a bit wider and running lines the way he used to off Orford. Then when he's in the middle, look for some inside passes from DCE and Ballin and just wind up and smash into the opposition. He was easily our best tonight, top effort.

Two of the best games of seen Choc play he has been on the losing team. One was last night and the other was against the Tigers at the SFS in 2009.

Amazing game from him.

If they all have a game to that level it'll be 80-0

bones said:
Two of the best games of seen Choc play he has been on the losing team. One was last night and the other was against the Tigers at the SFS in 2009.

I'd have to throw in another game on top of those two. SOO game 2 in 2009. He ran rampant against one of the finest rep sides going around. He backed it up again in game 3 but NSW won that match and he deservedly took out the MOM. The game against the Tigers would be number 2 and last night would be number 3.

Rex said:
Easily best on ground from either side. A step above all others.

I just looked at the Dally M points from the weekend.
Can't believe Choc didn't even get 1 point.

Always amazes me that it doesn't matter how good someone plays, if their team doesn't win, very rarely do they figure in the points.

Goodwin ( 1 pt ) kept Lyon fairly well contained but to think he was better than Choc is ridiculous.

What makes it even more ridiculous is if we had managed to steal the win, he probably gets 3 pts.

Plenty of players that make 40 tackles have a lot of third man flops in the total. Choc has a very high % of being one of the two key people in the tackle. The way he confronted the Burgess bros on Friday was inspirational. He did the media story last week and cracked a few jokes about them but didn't make any big claims as to what he was going to do. He then went out and got in front of them and smashed them every time they carted it up. It's the first time all year that George B has been pummelled and he didn't like it.
It's a shame we didn't win just so Choc could get the MoM award he deserved. It's a poor judge that couldn't give him at least one point for those stats and the real substance behind them.

Sue Ridgepipe summed it up perfectly - a club legend.

One of the great things about Choc is he knows he intimidates opposition players but when a blue starts he invariably uses this intimidatory presence to stop the fight escalating rather than piling in like a madman. He could have put Burgess into next week on Friday but simply bear hugged him and calmed proceedings.

Plenty of players across the comp could take a leaf out of his book.Loyal,tough and destined to be put alongside the Beaver,Igor and co in our pantheon of great forwards.

Who got the Dally M points ?

For me it would have been Goodwin 3 Choc 2, Goodwin getting the 3 for being a huge player on the winning side

Kiwi Eagle said:
Who got the Dally M points ?

For me it would have been Goodwin 3 Choc 2, Goodwin getting the 3 for being a huge player on the winning side

3 Sutton
2 Burgess
1 Goodwin

Now if Sutton was the best, I was watching a different game.

Sutton had the most ineffectual first half I've seen this year from an nrl standard half. I was shocked he got MOM from nein and 3 dally ms

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6