• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As much as I admire Watmough's toughness and the effort he puts in every week, I cannot understand why we use him to initiate second man plays. He cannot throw a decent pass and shoud leave the ball playing to others. He is a tremendous metre eater and occasionally gets a good ball out the back. Watmough has been one of the best forwards in the comp this year but he is frustrating to watch given he is a test player and a seasoned campaigner.

johnperi01 said:
As much as I admire Watmough's toughness and the effort he puts in every week, I cannot understand why we use him to initiate second man plays. He cannot throw a decent pass and shoud leave the ball playing to others. He is a tremendous metre eater and occasionally gets a good ball out the back. Watmough has been one of the best forwards in the comp this year but he is frustrating to watch given he is a test player and a seasoned campaigner.

I agree. Watmough takes many hit-ups, including from kick-offs and, imo, should lessen his load. I think Gallen is the same; less hack work and more quality runs. He also is not a natural passer.
However, he is a fantastic player and always gives 100%. I'm glad Tooves is not always playing him for 80 mins. He'll burn himself out.

Crusher_Cleal said:
the mauler said:
Give us a break Crusher. Chocs been on fire this year. You just worry about your own backyard out Belmore way. Got MOM last week against your mob remember??

My own backyard? You're an idiot. I'm not questioning whether he should play SOO, or how good he's been for us this year, or whether I want him on my team, etc, etc. Just that he was off with his handling today (and they often are), and that could have cost him a Test spot if the selectors were watching.

I could be wrong but I think that "the mauler" was more likely referring to your username than having a go at you as a person.

Jethro said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
the mauler said:
Give us a break Crusher. Chocs been on fire this year. You just worry about your own backyard out Belmore way. Got MOM last week against your mob remember??

My own backyard? You're an idiot. I'm not questioning whether he should play SOO, or how good he's been for us this year, or whether I want him on my team, etc, etc. Just that he was off with his handling today (and they often are), and that could have cost him a Test spot if the selectors were watching.

I could be wrong but I think that "the mauler" was more likely referring to your username than having a go at you as a person.

I know he was. But what about my loyalty to Manly in the 80's all the way up to 2011!! ;)

Jethro said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
the mauler said:

Exactly Jethro. And he's calling me an idiot?? Lol....

johnperi01 said:

I agree. Choc is awesome, but those passes as he hits the line ..... he's gonna put one of his receivers in hospital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Crusher_Cleal said:
Anyway, congrats to Choc!

I will say it once more
Who would you swap choc for
Means more to us than metres gained and tackles made
Just hope wax and polish as you dust with Mr Sheens gives hin a fair go
GO MANLY

Go manly said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
Anyway, congrats to Choc!

I will say it once more
Who would you swap choc for
Means more to us than metres gained and tackles made
Just hope wax and polish as you dust with Mr Sheens gives hin a fair go
GO MANLY

I've noticed Mr Sheen is much bigger in real life than he is on television.

Watmough has been playing well consistently well this year and deserves his place in the test team, but... Sam Thaiday?! I am dumbfounded as to why he got a nod...

The Bagman said:
Watmough has been playing well consistently well this year and deserves his place in the test team, but... Sam Thaiday?! I am dumbfounded as to why he got a nod...
Because timmie sheens is desperate to keep his job and has lost his mojo and is hoping the old team can get across the line.

Choc 100% deserves to be selected.

As I said in another thread, the bemusing selection was She-Rex for City. Or more precisely, Obi Wan Kenobi, because he has clearly used the Jedi mind trick on the selectors.

I can understand sheens being loyal to the players who he used in the past - I like the loyalty as it is what I would like too see from the players

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4