Watmough Weidler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the upshot was your not required when your contracts up.
But who knows hey - may well be a beat up.

Living in the republic of Broncostralia, aka QLD, we only hear about the donkeys and the odd bit of news re. the cows and titans.
From what I can gather from this info is that nein has reported Watmough can negotiate a new contract with anyone he likes after he's off contract in 2015.
Is this correct Sydney people?
If anyone wants to know what Sam Thaiday had for dinner, I'll share the news.;)

NRL Rule is that you can't go to the market outside of your final contract year, without permission from your Club. Contracts end 31/10/xxxx normaly.

All this means, and why Nein reported it, is that Choc wants to get 10 weeks headstart :cool:

Gifty also asked for this, and it was granted.

Snake hasn't asked and Matai's request was refused earlier in the year. :)

swoop said:
Jerry1 said:
Watmough has been given permission by the club to talk to others about a new contract it was reported on channel nine news tonight.

:(

From 2016.

That's classic! Wonder if any clubs are looking at investing in 34 year old second rower futures?

niccipops said:
Living in the republic of Broncostralia, aka QLD, we only hear about the donkeys and the odd bit of news re. the cows and titans.
From what I can gather from this info is that nein has reported Watmough can negotiate a new contract with anyone he likes after he's off contract in 2015.
Is this correct Sydney people?
If anyone wants to know what Sam Thaiday had for dinner, I'll share the news.;)

More interested in knowing if Thaiday was 3rd man into the trough

Thanks @HappilyManly.
And yes @Kiwi Eagle, Thaiday was 3rd man into the trough but was cleared by the foodiciary.:D

I know that was terrible but I get bored on Monday nights.
Go Manly!

Is this an old permission or has it just been given. Cause if they're worried about that sort of stuff two weeks out from the finals, well ... that ain't great.

The mutts over at the kennel are lathering themselves up on rumours that snake could be on the way there.

I dont buy it, as I simply can't imagine Brett leaving manly.

joeboy said:
The mutts over at the kennel are lathering themselves up on rumours that snake could be on the way there.

I dont buy it, as I simply can't imagine Brett leaving manly.

THE Bulldogs have thrown us all a dummy that even Johnathan Thurston would be proud of.

All this talk that they want to sign Brett Stewart, Kurtley Beale, Darius Boyd or Josh Hoffman to play fullback has been a tactic to camouflage their real target.

The player coach Des Hasler really wants is none other than Test winger Brett Morris.

Yes, true story … the Morris twins to play together at the Bulldogs next year.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/monday-buzz-canterbury-bulldogs-coach-des-hasler-in-hunt-for-brett-morris-as-fullback-option/story-fn2mcuj6-1227035148857

Yeah the dudes that seem to know think they are a chance of getting both. With kasiano and Pritchard possibly on the way out.

Who knows anymore.

Found this on the Triple M website..........!

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/6/parramatta-eels-in-talks-with-manly-sea-eagles-anthony-watmough/

Posted: 25 August, 2014 by Triple M NRL
Watmough Allowed To Talk To Other Clubs
Anthony Watmough to the Parramatta Eels is gaining momentum with the backrower free to negotiate.

The Sea Eagles have given veteran backrower Anthony Watmough permission to talk to other clubs.

Watmough has a year to run on his contract but has been vocal about his displeasure of Manly's treatment towards stalwart Glenn Stewart.

It has been reported Watmough along with star centee Steve Matai had asked the club for a release earlier in the year.

Earlier on Triple M

A couple of months ago The Daily Telgraph's James Hooper broke the story Anthony Watmough was unhappy at Manly. Well, he's told Triple M NRL nothing has changed. The Manly and Origin back-rower wants to be released from the final year of his contract to join Parramatta.

"He just does not want to be at Manly next season," said Hooper, on Saturday Triple M NRL. "He's telling people in no uncertain terms he wants out of the final year of his deal and he wants to go to the Parramatta Eels, where Brad Arthur is the coach."

It's believed as much as he loves the club 'Choc' Watmough is not happy with the way certain things have unfolded.

"This is a fact. Anthony Watmough is not happy at the Manly Sea Eagles [and] the primary reason is the way they treated his mate Glenn Stewart (who is off to Souths next year)," said Hooper.

Contract-wise, he's contracted with Manly for next season but he's been salary sacrificing for the last three years [much like] a back-ended contract. So essentially he's already earned that money.

So for next season Manly has to pay him $300,000 whether he's at the club or not. He's already earn that money.

"He's happy to go to Parramatta and not necessarily have to be paid an absolute lottery because he's already got $300,000 for next year as it is," he said. Listen to the full audio below.

Anthony Watmough has played 278 NRL games for Manly, having made his debut in 2002 with the Northern Eagles. He's played 14 Origins for NSW and reperesented Australia in 16 tests.

joeboy said:
Yeah the dudes that seem to know think they are a chance of getting both. With kasiano and Pritchard possibly on the way out.

Who knows anymore.

Pritchard would be a good fit at Manly. We need a big boppa that can offload :idea:

Eagleheart said:
Contract-wise, he's contracted with Manly for next season but he's been salary sacrificing for the last three years [much like] a back-ended contract. So essentially he's already earned that money.

So for next season Manly has to pay him $300,000 whether he's at the club or not. He's already earn that money.

"He's happy to go to Parramatta and not necessarily have to be paid an absolute lottery because he's already got $300,000 for next year as it is," he said. Listen to the full audio below.
IMO this clearly points out that Manly would not release Watmough and pay him 300k next year to play for another club. Simply madness.

HappilyManly said:
joeboy said:

Who knows anymore.

Pritchard would be a good fit at Manly. We need a big boppa that can offload :idea:

Yeah I agree but he's injury prone and spends most of his time on the sideline.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6