Watmough urges Manly to keep T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly NRL second-rower Anthony Watmough wants the Sea Eagles to throw every dollar they can into retaining off-contract star Tony Williams.

Test forward Williams, who is unable to return to the field until round 11 as he serves a seven-week suspension, is in the sights of Parramatta, Canterbury and Cronulla, with the Sea Eagles battling extreme salary cap pressure in their bid to re-sign the Australian representative.

Read the full article

Manly fans urge all manly players to reduce their asking price so all players get to stay and have their urges attended to.

Do this urgently.

From my point of view, T-rex would not have re-signed with Manly if he had pre-mediated plans to move clubs for 2013. So what has changed from then to now? Hasler leaving? Well going to Parramatta doesn't change that, could it be he is suffering under toovey's command? No, he is playing the best football of his life and getting maximum minutes before the suspension. Does he hate the lifestyle? No, I know for a fact he loves it and I've often seen him at pubs and clubs. So is it the money? maybe he is undervalued for next year but until he contract comes to an end or they negotiate his contract again we will not know how much money manly will throw at him for next season.

I could do the same for a number of players but I would be wasting even more of my time, we can speculate all we like about what a player might and might not do but when we start attacking each other for our views/opinions/"inside info" we only give the media more ammunition to unload on Manly and deflect on the FACT we have a great club that has been the most successful over the last 10 years. All the while the players are a tight bunch of mates who go out together as I have seen them out and about several times.

We really should be directing our posts towards LOLing at the misfortunes of other teams.

I cant believe we are discussing his contract already. We just got him a new one not to long ago lol.

Agree with Choc that we should do what we can to keep him.

seaeagles4life said:
From my point of view, T-rex would not have re-signed with Manly if he had pre-mediated plans to move clubs for 2013. So what has changed from then to now? Hasler leaving? Well going to Parramatta doesn't change that, could it be he is suffering under toovey's command? No, he is playing the best football of his life and getting maximum minutes before the suspension. Does he hate the lifestyle? No, I know for a fact he loves it and I've often seen him at pubs and clubs. So is it the money? maybe he is undervalued for next year but until he contract comes to an end or they negotiate his contract again we will not know how much money manly will throw at him for next season.

I could do the same for a number of players but I would be wasting even more of my time, we can speculate all we like about what a player might and might not do but when we start attacking each other for our views/opinions/"inside info" we only give the media more ammunition to unload on Manly and deflect on the FACT we have a great club that has been the most successful over the last 10 years. All the while the players are a tight bunch of mates who go out together as I have seen them out and about several times.

We really should be directing our posts towards LOLing at the misfortunes of other teams.

what has changed: his value.

DCE signed, now Foran & T-Rex are a must before Stewart.

Both our Premiership winning wingers are gone. The three veteran Prop Forwards Brent Kite, Joe Galuvao & Jason King must be given a release if Manly want to retain some of these younger stars.

Aetna said:

Both our Premiership winning wingers are gone. The three veteran Prop Forwards Brent Kite, Joe Galuvao & Jason King must be given a release if Manly want to retain some of these younger stars.

Hey Desmond

We still have Wolf,who is a premiership winger

Thanks for playing

Wolfy is constantly overlooked by all and sundry :huh:

A dual Premiership winner, NSW and Australian Representative Player and a happy Player who does not gripe when he played for the NSW Cup last year when comming off his leg injury.

Keep the all - Players to form the Manly Sea Eagles Co-op and share the winnings equally :angel:

HappilyManly said:
Wolfy is constantly overlooked by all and sundry :huh:

A dual Premiership winner, NSW and Australian Representative Player and a happy Player who does not gripe when he played for the NSW Cup last year when comming off his leg injury.

Keep the all - Players to form the Manly Sea Eagles Co-op and share the winnings equally :angel:

Love Wolfy, but really spending a lot of money on a winger isn't smart in the salary cap world we live in.

I guarantee you the Wolfman's next contract will be less than his current one.
There's plenty of good wingers going around who wouldn't be expensive, also he carries some injury baggage, so I imagine there wouldn't be any great interest in him.

Unless Choc would like to throw in some of his salary to keep T-Rex, maybe he should stop coming out with statements like that.

Aetna said:

I agree with the first part wholeheartedly - Its DCE, Foran and T Rex the priorities and the rest I guess we'll just have to cop whatever happens.

We cant release 3 props - especially not a captain like King....but yes George and Joe must be on shaky ground now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4