Watmough to The Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What !!! go there with all his premiership winning mates ???

He must be missing all their winning results the passed few years

Manly To Win! said:
If that's true, they all need to grow up and face reality. Don't care if he goes, frees up money to buy/re-sign younger players.

True, petulance at 30+ is childish :dodgy:

I would be surprised if he would leave early, but with his mounting injuries it would not be a loss. Same with Gifty, the body wears out and the Club has to maintain its competitive edge.

Doesn't Choc have a backended contract for next year, so if he resigns from Manly doesn't that mean he misses out on the most lucrative year :huh:

Both Gifty and Choc are great Manly Players, lets hope that they don't tarnish their appeal to the Manly Fans by crapping in their house, so to speak :cool:

Ropati has retired, so we should expect the Matai to Warriors expose too ;)

Moondog said:
It's in the Daily Telegraph, that's good enough for me...

exactly, every players now has been "quoted" in the tele as leaving since Glenn signed, not one has gone yet.

Half the team is supposed to be at the bulldogs already anyway

It's probably a load of it but seriously, the older Manly guys should not begrudge their club or younger players for trying to maintain Manly's winning culture into the future, while the kids are also protecting their own futures.
Our legends have given us years of glory. They are busted now and still giving their all. Ideally we'll keep most of them at Brookie.
I hope the whinging and dummy spitting stops. If it's true at all it's very unmanly.
Unite as team and do your job Manly. We can't always have everything we want. Think of what you have, and have had, at this great club.

I really hope Manly (the club) nip this crap in the bud, either way. Pull Watmough into the office, confront him with the question of what his plans are, then make a formal announcement on the subject. That way there will be no more conjecture about it.

All they have to do then is let all and sundry know how much we love Watmough and are all on the same page with his decision to stay/leave, what a champion player he is/has been for the club, and get on with the season and the future.

Simples.

What's more surprising than this latest News Ltd ''load'' is just how swiftly Brad Arthur has turned Doesn't-Matta around.
So much so this rumour has slightly more merit than it deserves.

The only real addition there this year was WHoppa; and to get them united and firing, AND get the best out of Sandow thus far is a pretty fair effort. Better than I expected, even tho I rate Arthur, of course.

It will be extraordinary if true, and while I'm confident as always Manly will survive and thrive, I couldn't cop seeing Choc in blue and gold.

Kitey and Gift is where this BS should stop.

Choc is on twitter, so someone can ask him.

Although he hasn't responded to yesterday's question of the day yet :p (I reckon a tie would be fair)

Mitch ‏@fantasynrlblog
@AnthonyWatmough Hey Choc, quick question: Would you say Darius Boyd is a bigger c*nt or about the same as Justin Hodges?

Not 1 quote in that story.

It's funny that he is upset about how Stewart was treated and he apparently wants to leave but what they don't address in their little story is this - if Watmough goes to Parra, he's still not going to be playing with him. How do they explain that one?

How many of us on here knew the true nature of Choc's injury?

That is a fair reflection of how, even with most people "sources", what gets reported in the media and what is going on is not always correct. There are often a number of factors in play (agents, fellow players, even the club)

Who knows this might be correct, chances are this is more paper talk to clicks online

This is all BS. Wasn't Choc quoted a few weeks ago saying that he wanted to finish his career at Manly and that he had instructed his Manager to get a deal done. He said that he didn't want to end up in the same situation as Glenn.

It is not bull**** in one sense as they don't get on particularly well.....it is bull**** in the sense that it is impossible for 25 blokes to all be great mates.Will it hurt us given how many of our blokes have already climbed Everest once and sometimes twice and how much desire remains to get over obstacles?...the next few months will answer that.

choc supposedly has a $900k backended deal next year which means he then he won't be going anywhere.

Maybe if he reduced his contact next year he could have saved Glen from going? All media BS

Stewart brothers meeting raises fears of exodus

SMH.com.au – April 13, 2014

Speculation that Brett Stewart could be following brother Glenn out of Manly is only going to intensify after the siblings were spotted in a secret meeting with their respective managers on Thursday.

An eagle-eyed observer spotted Brett and his manager, George Mimis, deep in conversation with Glenn and his agent, Mike Newton, at the Four Olives Deli in Manly.

Brett Stewart is under contract long term but the Manly Sea Eagles are struggling to table a meaningful offer for Glenn because of salary-cap pressures.

Some of their highest-profile players are on heavily back-ended deals for 2015 – Anthony Watmough is on the books for almost $900,000 next year – making it hard to retain the core group responsible for the success the club has enjoyed over the past decade.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/stewart-brothers-meeting-raises-fears-of-exodus-12948/#ixzz339J6vZiS

Daly is being greedy, no ifs no buts. This core group of players over the years have taken less in their first couple of seasons to ensure the squad sticks together and as a result we have not missed the finals for 10 years and won 2 premierships. This culture I'm sure would be passed down to the younger guys, but DCE is ignoring it and trying to get the most $$$ out of every club he talks to. Does he not realise, he could accept maybe $500k for the next 3 years (very good coin btw), then his next deal could be up around $1mil per year after guys like Killer, Choc, Matai, Snake, King have all retired???

HappilyManly said:
Thats naive to the point of being ridiculous.

Delaying contract increases hardly equates to taking less :dodgy:

DCE would have to be an idiot to stay for 500k. His market value is double that.

This is their livelihood, its a pastime to us Fans :cool:

His market value might be more than that, but so was Beaver's in his last few years. Did you see Beaver getting in a bidding war with Manly and a rival club to get as much money as he could???
Cooper Cronk signed his last contract for about $500k, so he could stay with a group of mates and be a genuine chance at winning a premiership and being competitive every year.

1. This is where Tooves leadership must take effect. If there is a social problem, it's his job to nip it in the bud. Wouldn't be him for quids.

2. Does Choc ever shut up these days? Every story I see or hear, Manly or not, he's yabbering on with his take. Often Weidler, but others also. I expect his next pronouncement to be on the likelihood of the Budget getting passed. Shut Up Choc!

EagleRock40 said:
His market value might be more than that, but so was Beaver's in his last few years. Did you see Beaver getting in a bidding war with Manly and a rival club to get as much money as he could???
Cooper Cronk signed his last contract for about $500k, so he could stay with a group of mates and be a genuine chance at winning a premiership and being competitive every year.
1) There is no bidding war, just speculation on what DCE is worth by the Media.
2) Beaver was Manly's highest paid Player after the SL. He also networked himself into businesses that were a direct result of his being Manly's favourite Son. So financially he was better off staying.
3) Cronk signed prior to the inflated market values eventuated. Tedesco just signed for 800k FFS, he ain't no Cronk.
4) According to all Media reports, DCE is hated by the Stewarts and now Choc, so mateship can not be a factor in his negotiations then, can it ?

I am at a loss as to why this brilliant and talented Manly Player is constantly besmirched by Manly Fans for being a realist :huh: :mad:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6