Watmough Speaks!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So, for the modern footy player it's come done to this: "My manager makes all the decisions on where I play."
And, of course, the manager will sign him to the club that pays the most because that means more money for the manager. No thought of loyalty, being a 'junior' who always dreamed of representing the local club, playing with friends, enjoying living in the area, the on-field success . . .
It really is a pathetic situation RL is in.
Why players need managers, who care about little more than their commission, is beyond me.
(wait a second... I'll need to have this vetted by my manager before I press 'send')

My cousin who is good friends with choc's lovely wife, was having dinner with them the other day.

And she said that choc said, "All is sweet, we just get tired of the media and like running them around in circles because they'll print anything."

so there ya go.

Yeah my cousin said a similar thing.
It's all good folks, just a bit of media skylarking.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Yeah my cousin said a similar thing.
It's all good folks, just a bit of media skylarking.

Maybe we have the same 'cousin'

:dodgy::s:-/:angel::(:p:D

EagleBoi13 said:
well thats great Choc - it would be nice if you spare a thought for the impact this behaviour has on us, your loyal supporters...
Yep it would be nice if he said something like "hopefully I'll still be here at Manly next year." That's not saying much but still means a lot to us supporters who bleed maroon & white.

The Who said:
So, for the modern footy player it's come done to this: "My manager makes all the decisions on where I play."
And, of course, the manager will sign him to the club that pays the most because that means more money for the manager. No thought of loyalty, being a 'junior' who always dreamed of representing the local club, playing with friends, enjoying living in the area, the on-field success . . .
It really is a pathetic situation RL is in.
Why players need managers, who care about little more than their commission, is beyond me.
(wait a second... I'll need to have this vetted by my manager before I press 'send')
I highly doubt any player simply goes where his manager tells them and of course its the managers role to leverage as much as they can for a player, that is their job.

Its so easy to vilify managers, but they are not here to look out for the clubs.

Can you imagine some 17 yr old islander kid sitting down to negotiate with Politis???

Managers are no more self serving then clubs, coaches, players and dare I say it, fans!!!

This is why players don't and shouldn't matter any more. It's about the club and that's it. Legends like Beaver and Lockyer are dead to the game now.

These players only care about themselves. They take fans for granted. They wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Enjoy the club situation . Withdraw from the players, focus on The Sea Eagles. Grow apathy towards these blokes.

Napper said:
Wow. Still sinking the boot into a Manly legend.

You lot are incredible.

And what goodwill is he providing his employer, the fans, or our club?

Zero. He's destabilizing.

You get what you give in life. These players want to talk bull****, then they have to expect reaction.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4